1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Realtexture Tile Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by BallisticTerrain, Jan 5, 2013.

1. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    THIS THREAD IS CLOSED, AND AWAITING RE-ACTIVATION AS OF 5/29/2013.
    IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST FOR A TILE OR MODEL, FEEL FREE TO PM ME, BUT BE WARNED: I MAY NOT ACCEPT! I AM VERY BUSY MAKING MODELS FOR MY OWN PROJECT!
    I've noticed that the Warcraft 3 modding community is greatly lacking when it comes to tile art to replace the current crappy tiles. People are always asking for new tiles, but almost nobody makes them. I hope to remedy this problem with a realtexture tile workshop where you can request tiles to me and I will actively create new ones using GIMP and free textures I have downloaded. Here are two of my tiles on a hill.
    IMPORTANT EDIT: I DO NOT ACTIVELY CHECK THIS THREAD ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT A TILE PM ME PLEASE.
    Reveal dah Tilez
    [​IMG]

And a screen from above:

Reveal dah Tilez
    [​IMG]

Like what you see? Request a tile for yourself! I am working on a project that requires lots of new tiles so most tiles that you request will be of use to me.
    Keep in mind, the tiles are expected to be at least 700 kb.

How to Request
    1: Give me a somewhat specific name for the tile.
    2: Give me a short description of the environment the tile will be in.
    3: Tell me the properties of the tile:
    (a) What is the tile's basic shape? This will change the edges of the tile.
    Shapes
    [​IMG]

(b) How thick do you want the tile? The thickness affects how much of nearby tiles your tile will cover.
    (c) How much do you want your tile to blend with the rest of the tiles? Do you want it to blend very well or not at all? Someplace in between?
    4: I will choose the texture, but It would be very helpful if you can provide a reference picture that will give me the general idea of how you want it to look. If you provide a reference pic, the tile will probably look much closer to what you wanted.
    5: Try to describe in a little detail how it looks.

If I will answer your request as fast as possible if I am not busy. The completed tile will be posted in this thread and uploaded to the skin section. Thanks for requesting. My only price is credits in your map. If you're feeling generous, you can tip me with some rep.

COMPLETED TILES
    City_GrassTrim---neo sluf---
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    ---File:

If you want to download the tiles in this thread, I've attached the files. You are not allowed to redistribute my tiles, but you can edit them for personal use.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would like to request a tile....
    Name: Leafy Tile
    Just make it like a pile of leaves..green...i will put it beneath the trees..

3. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You sure you want green leaves? Leaves on the ground are usually brown red and yellow.

4. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will put it beneath ASHENVALE TREE,CITYSCAPE TREE, all green trees in warcraft including the village snow tree...so what kind of colors would fit?

5. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Considering all of warcraft 3's default trees are pines needles would be better. I'll try to make one with a that looks ok with warcraft 3 trees to. Be warned, it will probably look out of place without other realtexture tiles.

6. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok, I have it done. Turned out pretty well. If this is not the tile you wanted or you need another just say so. I'll be more then happy to make lots more.
    Screenshot of Tile
    [​IMG]

Import the File to this path: TerrainArt\Cityscape\City_GrassTrim.blp
    File Attached

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  7. GhostHunter123

GhostHunter123

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Any reason the tiles you made have high file sizes, BallisticTerrain? I am guessing it's the textures that you use.

8. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yup, the textures and the fact that that image size is 512x512. I could lower it to 256x256, but it would make me lose so much detail it would no longer really look realtexture. In addition, realtexture tiles are usually for single player maps where filesize doesn't really matter.

9. GhostHunter123

GhostHunter123

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    All right, you made a good point, I guess. :ogre_hurrhurr: I have a question, though. What is the difference between realtexture and normal texture? I am guessing realtexture pertains to something in nature.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  10. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Realtexture means I take a photograph and use it as the texture.

11. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can i request to add a little green?...i think dry leaves really dont feet...i want is the leaves is like a newly fall down from a tree...so it has still greeny leaves...but can you reduce to 256x256 because it is really a big file size...500 kb is ok for me..

But NICE JOB..just need a green..................my map is HERO ARENA..

12. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmmm, I don't really think those would fit the look of warcraft's style. You should focus more on the "cartoonish" side of the tile, if you ask me.

13. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    They aren't ment to fit with normal warcraft 3 graphics. More and more projects have been using realtexture models and are confined to the tilesets in BM2's pack. Thought I'd change that.

14. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    neo sluf: I can't find any textures for green leaves on the ground. I'll make you some autumn leaves if you prefer.

15. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
  16. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I had a reduced filesize request for the mixed tile. Here it is.

Attached Files:

17. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I had a sand tile request from furiion52
    Screen:
    Kill a Squirrel
    [​IMG]

File Attached

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  18. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i think the sand would look better if it was diagonal, it looks kind of odd horizontal like that. dosn't really matter, i didn't request it

19. Jas.per

Jas.per

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tile Req

Name : Black Tiles
    Buildable
    Picture
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  20. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    DAMN!! This is what i'm searching for @.@
    BOOKMARKED!! Thank'z you so much much ;) ;)