• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Realtexture Tile Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED, AND AWAITING RE-ACTIVATION AS OF 5/29/2013.
IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST FOR A TILE OR MODEL, FEEL FREE TO PM ME, BUT BE WARNED: I MAY NOT ACCEPT! I AM VERY BUSY MAKING MODELS FOR MY OWN PROJECT!
I've noticed that the Warcraft 3 modding community is greatly lacking when it comes to tile art to replace the current crappy tiles. People are always asking for new tiles, but almost nobody makes them. I hope to remedy this problem with a realtexture tile workshop where you can request tiles to me and I will actively create new ones using GIMP and free textures I have downloaded. Here are two of my tiles on a hill.
IMPORTANT EDIT: I DO NOT ACTIVELY CHECK THIS THREAD ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT A TILE PM ME PLEASE.
D1TBf.jpg

And a screen from above:

2H4a2.jpg

Like what you see? Request a tile for yourself! I am working on a project that requires lots of new tiles so most tiles that you request will be of use to me.
Keep in mind, the tiles are expected to be at least 700 kb.

How to Request
1: Give me a somewhat specific name for the tile.
2: Give me a short description of the environment the tile will be in.
3: Tell me the properties of the tile:
(a) What is the tile's basic shape? This will change the edges of the tile.
r9bM7.png

(b) How thick do you want the tile? The thickness affects how much of nearby tiles your tile will cover.
(c) How much do you want your tile to blend with the rest of the tiles? Do you want it to blend very well or not at all? Someplace in between?
4: I will choose the texture, but It would be very helpful if you can provide a reference picture that will give me the general idea of how you want it to look. If you provide a reference pic, the tile will probably look much closer to what you wanted.
5: Try to describe in a little detail how it looks.

If I will answer your request as fast as possible if I am not busy. The completed tile will be posted in this thread and uploaded to the skin section. Thanks for requesting. My only price is credits in your map. If you're feeling generous, you can tip me with some rep.

COMPLETED TILES
City_GrassTrim---neo sluf---
tU3Z3.jpg
---File:

If you want to download the tiles in this thread, I've attached the files. You are not allowed to redistribute my tiles, but you can edit them for personal use.

Attachments

• Barrens_Dirt.blp.blp
    908 KB · Views: 75
  • Barrens_DirtGrass.blp
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Ok, I have it done. Turned out pretty well. If this is not the tile you wanted or you need another just say so. I'll be more then happy to make lots more.
tU3Z3.jpg

Import the File to this path: TerrainArt\Cityscape\City_GrassTrim.blp
File Attached

Attachments

• Cityscape_GrassTrim.blp
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 18
All right, you made a good point, I guess. :ogre_hurrhurr: I have a question, though. What is the difference between realtexture and normal texture? I am guessing realtexture pertains to something in nature.

Last edited:
Level 6
Can i request to add a little green?...i think dry leaves really dont feet...i want is the leaves is like a newly fall down from a tree...so it has still greeny leaves...but can you reduce to 256x256 because it is really a big file size...500 kb is ok for me..

But NICE JOB..just need a green..................my map is HERO ARENA..

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmmm, I don't really think those would fit the look of warcraft's style. You should focus more on the "cartoonish" side of the tile, if you ask me.

Level 20
Tile Name: Dry Sand
Tile Environment: I will place it near the water and form beaches
Tile Properties:
a.)The tile's basic shape would be like natural
b.)The thickness of the tile would be the thickness also of the sunken ruins' sand
c.)I would very much like it to blend with the other tiles
Tile description:
It would look a little more darker in water, because it's wet. It's natural color would be a little close to white, and whoever steps in the sand will leave behind footprints.

Tile Reference:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.