• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Alright my computer effed up some time... lately and now it wont play any games. WC3 tells me DirectX isnt installed and will no longer work, even though I had it installed so idk maybe it died. Other games I have dont work either. Red Alert tells me its missing its primary graphics buffer - aborting, Command and Conquer Renegade tells me that there is no video driver, so I am just wondering since this screwed itself up is there some way I can fix it or is my comp dead and gone?

Level 8
Right click on the desktop and select properties. Go to Advanced and it will say something like <monitor> on <graphics card>. If it does not then you might have to find it in the papers for your system or simply crack your computer open and look at the graphics card.

Level 15
Go to your start menu, and select run.
At the prompt, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

If it prompts you at all, click "yes".

On the diagnostics window that comes up, you can click on the Display tab and it will show you your video card model in the top left corner. If you need some extra assistance, feel free to post the video card info here and someone can point you to the exact driver you are looking for. :smile:

Level 8
Samuraid said:
Go to your start menu, and select run.
At the prompt, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Oh yeah, dxdiag.. xD
Alternatively, you can bring up the run command menu by holding the Windows key and then pressing r.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Firstly, what type of PC are you using. If it is a Laptop its probably intigrated graphics which explains the lack of date. In this case uninstall DX and reinstall it and update your computer as much as possiable.

If it is a desktop, try removing one of the panels on your PC and looking at the graphic card, it should say what sort it is on it. Once you have that try removing all current graphic drivers and reinstalling the one that the card uses, if this does not work then it is probably that your card has died in which case you can not do anything but get a new one.

Level 15
This is what its telling me in the top left corner

Name:
Manufacturer: n/a
Chip Type: n/a
DAC Type: n/a
Approx. Total Memory:
Current Display Type: 1024 x 768 (16bit) (1Hz)
Monitor:

Now I really think I am screwed...

Well, at least try updating/reinstalled DirectX using the link I posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.