• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ATI Radeon HD 5570 - where's DirectX 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I got a new PC recently, see its config here. As you see, I have an ATI Radeon HD 5570, but there's a few problems. First one - in the display properties, it doesn't say my graphic card is 5570, but 5500. I think that this is just because of the driver, and if it's not important, you don't have to answer about it. However, what DOES bother me is the absence of DirectX 10. When I installed Devil May Cry 4 and ran the launcher, it couldn't play in DirectX 10 mode. Do I need to download DirectX 10 and install it or what? Thnks in advance.

Level 15
For most ATI cards series, if it's within the same series (5500's, 5800's, etc.) It's usually the same core with things taken off, meaning drivers can treat cards the same, so it usually only says the base series

Like my card is an HD4870, and the drivers say 4800

And DX11 is fully backwards compatible with DX10, but if you want the binaries for DX10
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...playlang=en?WT.mc_id=MSCOM_DLC_DC_111SXX02933

Level 8
You don't need to install DirectX 10 if you have DX 11 its backwards compatible. You should download the latest video card drivers from AMD's website as this sometimes does the trick. That's what AMD will tell you if you contact them. AMD's not responsible for there video cards compatability with all games out there. Most software on the market does have issues with certain video and sound cards. Check the read me file for your game. You also didn't say what OS you have but keep in mind that windows 7 has issues with a lot of older games.

Status
Not open for further replies.