• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to force application to 1920x1080?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I got Mass Effect recently, and when I try to run Config Utility, it crashes and I can't set the graphics to max. Is there any fix for this? And if not, is there any way to run an application at 1920x1080 resolution?

Intel i5-760 2.80 GHz
ATI Radeon 5500 HD
3 GB DDR2

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am suprized your computer even boots... The i5 series does not even support DDR2 memory from what I have read.

Anyway, the game should have eithor a text file with all its options or they will be in the computer registry. I advise searching google for the solution.

Level 15
I am suprized your computer even boots... The i5 series does not even support DDR2 memory from what I have read.

Anyway, the game should have eithor a text file with all its options or they will be in the computer registry. I advise searching google for the solution.

It shouldn't even, I think he is just saying he has DDR2 but it's really DDR3. The damn chips are electrically incompatible, and trying to put DDR2 in a DDR3 board would make some nice poofs of smoke.

You can change it in the bioengine.ini file in your documents\bioware folder under [WinDrv.WindowsClient]

startupresolutionx=1920
startupresolutiony=1200

Basically, search for a folder called Bioware in My Documents, and open the bioengine.ini with notepad, search for those two lines, and change the values.

Status
Not open for further replies.