• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Wolfenstein: New Colossus] - Game does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys, I'm facing a problem with the game. First of all I had Wolfenstein: New Colossus installed in my computer about a week ago and when I ran it, it failed to work. It says that it does not see 'vulkan-1.dll' like this:
a1.118243

a1-jpg.283856

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things I tried doing for solution that did not make the game work:
  • I even tried to download many vulkan-1.dll files from many dll websites and dropped each on Wolfenstein game directory.
  • Installed all vulkan drivers, the latest ones. It does not work too with Wolfenstein. It just shows no prompt of vulkan-1.dll is missing but the game does not launch.
  • Installed SDK vulkan softwares to be more specific and manually, still just the same effect as the vulkan.
  • Updated the Intel HD Graphics driver and still nothing.
  • I was even able to play Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood at recent ages ago.

PC SPECIFICATIONS
Acer Aspire E15 - Intel Core i3 - (1.7Ghz, 3MB L3 cache)
Graphics Driver: Intel HD Graphics Family (Nvidia never works as it says incompatible driver)
Disk Space: 500GB
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Installed Drivers: PhysiX, DirectX10, Visual C+ 2015

Is there any solution/fix for this? Or is there vulkan really exactly functions with Intel HD Graphics?

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,272
Level 3
First and foremost, are you sure your PC meets the official minimum requirements to run the game?
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Requirements Test
Somehow I don't follow much the requirements since it is very the same as the old blood and new blood that worked in my laptop then. I finished old blood just weeks ago and I think it has something to do with that vulkan I'm not familiar about. Just set the graphics to medium and everything worked but newcolossus just dont launch.

Help me, bro about it please, all youtube tutorials and outside forums did not solve it well. :0

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Somehow I don't follow much the requirements since it is very the same as the old blood and new blood that worked in my laptop then. [...]
I doubt it.

Wolfenstein: The New Order Requirements Test
Minimum RAM: 3 GB (4 GB recommended)

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Requirements Test
Minimum RAM: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)

Minimum RAM: 8 GB (16 GB recommended)

You say your computer has 4 GB RAM.

It may not be the only reason why Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is not running on your computer.

Level 3
I doubt it.

Wolfenstein: The New Order Requirements Test
Minimum RAM: 3 GB (4 GB recommended)

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Requirements Test
Minimum RAM: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)

Minimum RAM: 8 GB (16 GB recommended)

You say your computer has 4 GB RAM.

It may not be the only reason why Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is not running on your computer.
Maybe. Still it's questionable it does not ever launch and clicking the exe file of the game does nothing but show vulkan. Did you make the game work in your pc bro ?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
My laptop is more than 10 years old. ECWolf runs great on it, though.
:wink:

Given the information you provide, I was not able to find your Acer Aspire E15 model on Acer's tech support site.
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

[...] Still it's questionable it does not ever launch and clicking the exe file of the game does nothing but show vulkan [...]
Are your Nvidia drivers up to date?

Installed Drivers: PhysiX, DirectX10, Visual C+ 2015
Unless you are using an unpatched Windows Vista, your DirectX version should be v11 at the very least imho.

** Update **

A few facts worth mentioning (again):
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – PC Specs and Features - Bethesda.net
- Vulkan (API) - Compatibility - Wikipedia

Afaik, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is a Vulkan exclusive.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The problem is pretty obvious. You are missing the Vulkan API. I believe this is installed to the OS by the graphic drivers. Graphic drivers might only install Vulkan on newer OSes, eg Windows 10, and only if the underlying hardware has some level of Vulkan compatibility. Graphic drivers for NVidia, AMD and Intel should all support Vulkan now, but might only do so for modern generation hardware.

Only GeForce 600+, AMD 7000+ and Intel Skylake+ (GPU part of it) support Vulkan. Only the latest generation cards support the most/full feature set of Vulkan. With NVidia only the GeForce 10 will perform optimally when running Vulkan as it is their first card series that implements hardware level command parallelism, a feature much older AMD cards support.

It is extremely important to note that only Intel Skylake and newer support Vulkan on Windows. On Android and Linux chips as old as Ivy Bridge support Vulkan. This is only for the GPU part of the processor, if you are running a NVidia/AMD Vulkan compatible GPU with an old intel processor Vulkan will still work on those devices.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@Dr Super Good: I am surprised that he was able to successfully install the game in the first place.

He did not provide any additional info about his hardware / Acer Aspire E15 model but yeah, it is obvious that his computer can not run this game. Even if the game developers later decided to add support for, say, OpenGL, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus would still require 8 GB of RAM at the very least to run.

Why do some people want to run current AAA+ video games on obsolete / outdated hardware?
:bored:

[...] Graphic drivers might only install Vulkan on newer OSes, eg Windows 10 [...]
Quoting Wikipedia (with emphasis added where appropriate imho):
"[...] In contrast to Direct3D 12, Vulkan is available on multiple modern operating systems; like OpenGL, the Vulkan API is not locked to a single OS or device form factor. As of release, Vulkan runs on Android, Linux, Tizen, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (third party support for iOS and macOS is also available) [...]"

Vulkan (API) - Wikipedia

=> please can OS proselytism be kept to a minimum? tia.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I know for a fact that modern Intel graphics on Windows only provide Vulkan graphics for Windows 10. How do I know? Modern Intel processors only supported Windows version is Windows 10.

Like wise if certain hardware vendors offer Vulkan in older OSes is up to them. For example Windows XP is missing from that list not because technically XP could not support it, but rather that no one supports XP to bother implementing it.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I know for a fact that modern Intel graphics on Windows only provide Vulkan graphics for Windows 10. How do I know? Modern Intel processors only supported Windows version is Windows 10. [...]
-NEW- 15.45.14.4590: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*/8.1*/10* [Vulkan Support]

So it means that the Vulkan drivers are installed only on Windows 10, even on supported hardware?

About the support of Vulkan on Intel hardware:
Vulkan (API) - Compatibility - Wikipedia
(link already provided in a previous post)

[...] Windows XP is missing from that list not because technically XP could not support it, but rather that no one supports XP to bother implementing it.
Please do not forget to mention Windows Vista too.
:grin:

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So it means that the Vulkan drivers are installed only on Windows 10, even on supported hardware?
You are missing the point. Current gen Intel processors only supported Windows OS is Windows 10. If you try to run them using Windows 8 or earlier it shows an error saying unsupported CPU. Hence they only support Vulkan for Windows 10 as they do not support any other Windows OS at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.