• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i need help getting my gtx 770m to run starcraft 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
my toshiba laptop have a serious problem. its included graphics drivers lacks nvidia optimus. as a result it is not installed and nothing renders on the gtx 770m. starcraft 2 for example runs on the intel hd 4600 which is not powerful enough to run it perfectly even on low. starcraft 2 does find the gtx 770m and tries to on it but without optimus redirecting the game it is unable to access it. i had the same problem on another laptop but there i reinstalled the default drivers which came with optimus and that solved the problem. on my toshiba qoismo x-70A 13D however the default drivers does not come with nvidia optimus so that did nothing. please help me out.

Level 21
nothing there except a virus. the issue is that the drivers on the toshiba support site does not include optimus. i tried the same solution as i used on my other laptop when that lost optimus. there however the installer included optimus. the drivers on the toshiba support site unfortunately does not include optimus. as a result of the lack of optimus drivers, all games render on the intel hd 4600 which is not powerful enough to run starcraft 2 at maximum framerate even on low. i can play starcraft 2 on my "asus" laptop on low but it would look much better on my toshiba laptop which have nvidia geforce gtx 770m. on my desktop with 650 ti boost it only runs well on low. please help me get optimus installed so that i can run starcraft 2 well.

Level 21
i was redirected to a site that tried to install a virus. it is not really relevant as nothing on toshiba`s websites helps. there is only one installer for nvidia drivers for that model on the toshiba support site and i have already tested it. i have contacted support but they do not work weekends unlike the people here. i tried the nvidia website for optimus but found nothing there to download. please help me.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
i was redirected to a site that tried to install a virus.
I am not redirected anywhere when downloading from Toshiba Driver | Toshiba Driver İndir

there is only one installer for nvidia drivers for that model on the toshiba support site and i have already tested it.

Depends on your OS version...

Clipboard02.jpg

i have contacted support but they do not work weekends
Unless someone here on THW owns a Qosmio X70-A-13D and is willing to step in, I guess you will have to wait until tomorrow for tech support from Toshiba. Please do not forget to post their answer here.

Level 21
your list includes drivers for windows 7 and 8. my laptop only have 8.1 and that narrows it down to 2, one intel and one nvidia. the nvidia one i have already tried. i tried to update to the latest drivers which seems to include optimus but the optimus icon is still missing and with my starcraft 2 experience frozen until tomorrow i have not had a chance to test it. i will come back if the solution did not help. nobody here suggested that however so if it helped, i have only myself to thank.

Level 6
yes, that is included.
Check if you have conflicting drivers, and as well, try to disable vsync settings.
That is what I do to my two laptops before I go to desperation (reinstall OS or remove the game, one toshiba and one acer. Every game works very well. :)

Also, check your DirectX version.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] i have contacted support but they do not work weekends [...]
[...] Unless someone here on THW owns a Qosmio X70-A-13D and is willing to step in, I guess you will have to wait until tomorrow for tech support from Toshiba. Please do not forget to post their answer here. [...]
[...] with my starcraft 2 experience frozen until tomorrow i have not had a chance to test it. i will come back if the solution did not help. nobody here suggested that however so if it helped, i have only myself to thank. [...]
[...] I bet the Toshiba tech support will advise you at some point to restore your system to factory defaults, if all else fails. [...]
Any news?

Level 21
i updated the drivers to the latest version and that came with optimus. tech support have not responded. factory defaults lacks optimus because it never came with optimus installed. i never needed it until i tried to play starcraft 2 because the integrated gpu is so powerful.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Status
Not open for further replies.