• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Graphics bug in standard world editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I don't really know how to properly describe this graphical issue in short, but it seems that the specific ground textures in my World Editor get completely transparent to the neighboring objects.

attachment.php

I tried running WE in legacy mode (Windows XP with SP) but the same result occurred once again. I haven't found any solution or any one else with this problem either through web searches.

My system:
Windows 10 Pro
AMD R9 380 with software version 16.1.1
Standard World Editor
Warcraft 3 - 1.26 (almost fresh install)

EDIT:
After about an hour or so the graphical bug disappeared by itself somehow. No idea how or if it will come back, but it was really annoying when trying to work with the terrain while it was present.

Attachments

• come on.JPG
    come on.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by a moderator:
Marking as resolved. Sometimes the editor can do really funky stuff with terrain geometry, especially when it involves cliffs or water. For example, I'm pretty sure you can create some really hideous looking visual bugs just by playing with the water tool and the cliff tool combined.

In your case, the fix could be as simple as deleting the bridges, lowering the cliff level of that place, and recreating the scene. If this problem happens again, try that.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In your case, the fix could be as simple as deleting the bridges, lowering the cliff level of that place, and recreating the scene. If this problem happens again, try that.
His problem was that the WE shader Z buffer was not working correctly. As such depth tests could not be performed correctly so the geometry was being rendered as good as unordered. Or to put it in simpler terms the computer does not correctly know what is in front and what is behind. I have seen at least 1 other person (problem screenshot has expired...) complain of this in the past.

It would be nice to know what causes this. Since it ultimately only affects some and is not a problem with the map.

Level 11
AMD R9 380
Radeon Software v. 16.1.1

I haven't used World Editor before I updated to this driver version so I can't certainly tell if its a driver issue, but this card has not been as stable as I had hoped for. Since I updated there is one game that has started getting graphical bugs in its death camera screen, and previous issues in other games are still present.

But right now the issues are manageable, the World Editor bug doesn't stay for too long and it works fine otherwise, so I'm gonna wait for an update to come around and see if it fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.