• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to hide/remove standard items from World Editor?

Level 6
Hi everyone! I would like to know something about world editor. I would like to know if there is a way to hide or remove standard items from the world editor.

My interest in this is: I've made a custom drop table item trigger, that uses random level items from a specific type. So, the standard items also enter in this random choice.

1694837220783.png

I've used posted responses here at Hive to create this, so thank you!

I've looked for tutorials and other posts here at Hive, and this trigger simplified A LOT my life. I have the option to change every standard item level to "0" (because I will not use items "level 0" in drop tables), but there is 283 items to change.

Thank you for your attention!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
You don't.

You can make your new Items use values that the old items do not use (assuming you have less of these). Remember, you can Shift-click a field to bypass limitations.

Or use your own triggered system to gain full control over everything. This would be my personal preference but it's a more advanced solution (it's really not that complicated once you put the time into understanding things like Hashtables).