• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grand War

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a Defense map. 3 difficulties. Enemy heroes and enemies spawn and try to destroy you.

Build units that spawn periodically and defend. Many custom heroes and abilites (46).

Map is protected. Author is me.
Survive for a specific amount of time.

I gave credit in the map to the models i used.

Terrain Changes lots of em

changed map name :S

148455-albums2510-picture20292.jpg

Keywords:
defense survive map dota eota exodus
Contents

Grand War (Map)

Reviews
17:36, 9th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
Please work on your description, it is lacking [maybe put in some screenshots, give more details about your map, and put the credits on your description as well].
Testing map.
Edit:
Tested your map on Very Easy [by myself], it wasn't very challenging, especially since your items/tomes are cheap to buy. That and Potions cost absolutely nothing.

I tried out the Pirate hero [YAR!!!!], his "hook" ability is very much bugged.
[-] Each of your dummy knives = food
[-] One time i cast it at target area, it hit another unit and the hooks didn't do jack.
[-] It brought back a delicious Abomination corpse.

You are also missing tooltips; Druid, adept caster at nature
Uhmm... yea i herd u likez mudkipz az wellz.

Your missing DISBTNS [Disabled buttons, big green boxes]

Lack of a good Tutorial on your map, i had no idea what i was doing, i was just roaming around the city waiting for waves. New wave! does not help at all =.= .

A wisp is 60 gold but the other builders are 75. Builders are lacking in descriptions.

The pirate spells are not very original, except Anchor but it wasn't an effective spell [didn't stun until after 2 seconds after casting].

I selected the Peasant builder and just massed Arcane Towers ontop eachother, which was hilarious but it could kill Bosses in 3 volleys. [Make them Ground-Pathable in WE]

Very bad terrain. Castle and the area outside of it has no strategic places to build in, its 100% flat. My towers on the outside were WAY out of range of any unit passing by, a big waste of money.

Review: Un-protect the map first off, its not very impressive, this is something I could do when i'm bored. Put your map here for now, I can tell this is nowhere near done. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/

Last edited:
Level 2
Map is alright but it needs proper tooltips and game ends as soon as units block each other from moving. Also militias have a timer before the turn back into peasant (this might be how you wanted it though).

Level 1
i only know about 2 grand battle maps:

grand battle: a very good hero arena with VG characters.
the grand battle: a very good aos like wow map

so seriously, choose another name for your map...

Level 13
I'm not even going to download this. You chose to present it with a picture of a stick-man and a horrid description, very attractive.

Level 1
Yes, the preview is annoying. Description : "Author is me" - well "Unga-bunga" to you too atheistguy! Refuse to review map until map name will be changed! -Rejected