• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grand Hamlet

Grand Hamlet, the village south of Stormwind Keep. Hardened by the orcish invasions, the village endured all of then, but, when Stormwind fell to Blackhand, Grand Hamlet was been taken by a group of bandits, that battle the skeletal orcs since then.

Changelog:

- Greatly improved the terrain.
- Changed Skeletal Orc Grunts item drops.
- Added 2 hidden Marketplaces.
- Added fog and weather effect.

Changelog (2)

- Fixed creep camps item drops
- Removed the 2 "secret" Marketplaces

Keywords:
Warcraft, Azeroth, Orcs, 1, Stormwind, First War, Grand Hamlet, Humans.
Contents

Grand Hamlet (Map)

Reviews
12:45, 17th Jul 2008 Rui: A nice melee map. Approved! See my whole review here.

M

12:45, 17th Jul 2008
Rui:
A nice melee map. Approved!
See my whole review [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=90682#post747101"]here[/self].

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Approved! Certainly a map we would like to have in our archive.

Rui's Review
[+]Creeps are well chosen.
[+]The map contains well-placed neutral buildings, including a Tavern.
[+]Contains author name and description. Watch out for the grammatical mistakes, though.
[+]A map that wishes to restore a place from Warcraft 1 Orcs & Humans. Players from those times might like to see it.
[+]Good and strategical starting locations.
[+]The map is wide and collision friendly.
[+]Resources are balanced.
[+/-]The terrain lacks elevation and ground texture variation, but the shape sure is nice.
[+/-]Drops were somewhat balanced. They need to be changed, though.

A fine melee map.
My rating for the map is 7/10, approximately 4 (Recommended). The map would most unlikely be chosen by Blizzard because of the lack of ground texture variation. Still, it is better than most of the melee maps I've seen around.

If you have questions or complains, post on our Map Resource Moderation.
~Thank you for using the Hive Workshop

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Very thanks Rui. I write a bit incorrect because I'm from Brazil and doesn't have english classes, only a bit in college. But anyway, very thanks for the review.

EDIT: Updated. Read the changelog in the description.

Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Ok. I think I'll update my other maps too. Also, This one still needs some work, like an more dark water collor.

By the way, I got rid of all the Blizzard cliffs, as they...hmm... don't fit much.

EDIT:

Changelog (2)

- Fixed creep camps item drops
- Removed the 2 "secret" Marketplaces

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
HFR, I've played the map.
There is a lot of fixing to be done on the drops. Different creep camps drop the same items. For example, the northwestern green camp is composed of two Bandits and a Rogue, while the two southern ones are an Assassin and two Bandits, yet they drop the same items. This is also a balance issue: creep camps should be equal to everyone.
The majority of the drops were quite unfitting. The two Skeleton Orcs plus the Skeleton Grunt dropped Boots of Quel'Thalas, which is a quite high leveled item.

The rest of the map looks good, the ambient is awesome, but I can't keep the 4/5 rating if you don't fix this.
The map is melee and, therefore, is not protected, so why don't you ask for help if you need it?