• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GotA 0.57

Made by Twelveoclock (US East)

Extremely fun if you're a little tired of dota heroes. Almost all of the heroes have at least one triggered ability.

An AoS style map that mocks dota
-Contains familiar item setup
-Many new items recipes
-Many new heroes (98 heroes)
-fast, fun gameplay
-Optimized for 2-3 times faster load time

Find me in Channel Clan TSMA (US East)

Changelog for 0.56

Important:
-5 New Heroes
-Remade Templar Knight(changed two abilities)
-Remade Horadrim(changed two abilities)
-Displays cooldown for each active spell.
Contents

GotA 0.57 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Sort of a dota variant. Overpowered heroes, ect.
Level 4
I will start making a changelog soon. The newest changelog will be posted in the map description, and if you want to see other changelogs, you can pm me.

Also, regarding base hero stats: All heroes have a combined base stat of 60 + 6 per level.

Level 2
Enlarge the map by adding new lines or newer creeps so the game will last longer.:wsmile:
More items for intellect with hp stats and damage...:sad:
Retro sword again pls...:as:

Terrain: 17%
Units: 10%
Heroes: 75%
Abilities: 80%
Total Progress:10%

Pls Creeps URGENT!:nemor::pir:

Level 9
Ok, I play a lot of AoS's, and to be honest, this wasn't bad at all. I actually thought it was quite good. You have a lot of heroes and i can see a lot of work has been put in. However I noticed that map is somewhat small, which isnt too much of a problem, but the creeps take to long to spawn at the start and their movement speed is too fast, makes their legs flail about crazily. Also, you might wanna make some more triggered powers for units, even its simple ones, as normal Warcraft Powers should really be avoided at all costs in an AoS. Overall I'll giv ethis 7/10. Good work!

Level 1
twelveoclock!!
i saw 1 bug of 1 hero!! that is a hero name "Ghost"
his lightning chain sometimes doesn't work!
when click it then click on the enemy, then nothing happen!!!
pls fixe this bug!!!
tq
another bug is sometimes u play a strength hero,he will sometimes go into the water then can walk in water for escaping from enemy hero attack!!
but now don hav this bug ady!!

Level 4
Heroes are a bit unbalanced, and i spotted 1 minor bug:
Standard ring gives +7 to all stats, when you combine 3 of them with the "morphing sphere " recipe it only gives +15.
other then that good job 5/5.

This is on purpose. Items have two costs: paying for effects AND for inventory space. I felt that because the morphing sphere saved so much space, it should be a little weaker.

Edit: About the map size: it is small on purpose. Don't forget that this is supposed to be a fusion of an AoS and a hero arena. Don't forget that 50 team hero kills is a victory.

Level 7
The game is realy fun, and I realy like that the map is small. However it has a couple of flaws.

First of all some heroes are realy overpowered. I liked the idea of giving gold when dieing, but it just doesn't help! I guess this is a result of some heroes beeing realy unbalanced.

The Gem system is VERY good, but the game doesn't give you enough time to find what items you need. Dota is a big map and you can examine items, because you have more time. In this map it's different :( You should classify the items or something, I dunno.

The bosses are realy overpowered :D

A thing that needs to be done urgent, is a change of the multiboard.
Remove the players that are not playing, add some colors to different things and ESPECIALY add colors to players. It is realy confusing to understand who killed who when the text is just white.

Maybe you could randomize the creeps a bit too.

In overall, the map is fun, but the things that make it boring are:
1. Ugly multiboard and absolutely no player colors.
2. Creeps are too boring. Maybe give them abilities or something?
3. Some heroes are too overpowered and kill you from 2-3 hits (while you are stunned ofc).

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot. Out of the 2 games that I played, I Fatal Errored in the second one. There was a fight between pit lord, ghost and someone else (luna or shaman) when it happened.

Level 1
The Mortar Hero is Rediculous It just spams Mortars and it's abilities all damage buildings making his ultimate Able to take down towers in one shot!
Though it still is a Nice map

Level 2
Good modifications,but more creeps and more bosses because the game it's too short and to easy.

Level 1
We've been playing this mod all day and love it! Nice work, man. It's easy to play, fast-paced, and well-done. The gem system works well, lots of heroes and items for good variety, and cool bosses. On the down side, we have been experiencing fatal errors fairly regularly (client crashes for everyone). I haven't been able to find out what causes the crashes, but I'll keep my eye out. The error is an access violation when an address in memory can't be read. Thanks m8! It's a blast.

Level 3
The bosses are realy overpowered

Eh... no? I owned them easily alone with priest (the 1st and 2nd, the 3rd is really hard though xD) but its ok.

To my mind the balance is ok. Some heroes are a bit overpowered, but this makes the map so fun :D 5/5

Level 2
1. The priest is intellect and has only 2 spells!:thumbs_down: Put more spells on him!
2. Priest normal attack looks like a heal...:thumbs_down: Put attack display from Elazor (DotA character).:bored:
3. Priest has low heal...put more and damage spells!:spell_breaker::sad:
4. Modify Alchemist's put range on that spell... minimum 450.:bored:
5. Still waiting for creeps!:confused:
6. More intellect damage+HP items!:sad:

Level 15
You said team kills need to reach 50, what about games with lesser players?

Please change so that 2v2/1v1/3v3? the kills should be lowered by default

Hero movement speed is one of the things that I didnt appreciated...

Some hero has too much movement boosting that makes them out of the world (unreal)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
1. The priest is intellect and has only 2 spells!:thumbs_down: Put more spells on him!
2. Priest normal attack looks like a heal...:thumbs_down: Put attack display from Elazor (DotA character).:bored:
3. Priest has low heal...put more and damage spells!:spell_breaker::sad:
4. Modify Alchemist's put range on that spell... minimum 450.:bored:
5. Still waiting for creeps!:confused:
6. More intellect damage+HP items!:sad:

All int heroes can get additional 3 spell with items, don't forget that.
Exactly what about creeps are you waiting for?

You said team kills need to reach 50, what about games with lesser players?

Please change so that 2v2/1v1/3v3? the kills should be lowered by default

Hero movement speed is one of the things that I didnt appreciated...

Some hero has too much movement boosting that makes them out of the world (unreal)

I will make the number of kills required scale with the number of players, however, I like the incredible movement speeds on heroes, and most people like it also, so I'm a little hesitant to change that.

I'm still waiting for a better looking multiboard. That should be your #1 priority.

What do you suggest?

Level 2
I sad I want more creeps...maybe 2 more lines?:con:
In corners neutral creeps?pls?:smile:
PUT MORE CREEPS! PLS! more spam...special powers to creeps...special creeps from time to time...:wink:
The spells from items are weak... only good for creeps...
Try fighting Strength vs Intellect...impossible for intellect to do 5000 damage(the Strength's HP).Only Ice troll can :grin:.That is the best intellect hero made yet.:spell_breaker:
More bosses pls :grin: because only 3 are too easy :wink:...More bosses that drop super items...like 1 item for intellect and 1 that is for agility :infl_thumbs_up:
And make the game stop after some kills...or... in AOS mod after 1 castle is destroyed.:cute:
Add mod -ar pls and -sd ?:cgrin:
Keep the good work.:wink::infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
I sad I want more creeps...maybe 2 more lines?:con:
In corners neutral creeps?pls?:smile:
PUT MORE CREEPS! PLS! more spam...special powers to creeps...special creeps from time to time...:wink:
The spells from items are weak... only good for creeps...
Try fighting Strength vs Intellect...impossible for intellect to do 5000 damage(the Strength's HP).Only Ice troll can :grin:.That is the best intellect hero made yet.:spell_breaker:
More bosses pls :grin: because only 3 are too easy :wink:...More bosses that drop super items...like 1 item for intellect and 1 that is for agility :infl_thumbs_up:
And make the game stop after some kills...or... in AOS mod after 1 castle is destroyed.:cute:
Add mod -ar pls and -sd ?:cgrin:
Keep the good work.:wink::infl_thumbs_up:

I won't add 2 more lines of creeps. That's too many for an AoS.

I don't want to add abilities to creeps for no reason. What abilities do you suggest and why?

I may consider adding neutral creeps eventually, but not soon.

Intelligence heroes are quite overpowered in this game. I don't want to make them even stronger. Notice that you can get a 800 damage nuke, a 300 damage nuke, and a battleship army, with items alone. If you play int heroes correctly, you'll get many kills early on, and out-level all the heroes on the map.

As for bosses, I don't see how the Imba Golem is easy to kill. That thing is near impossible to kill. Only one hero can solo it. Otherwise, it takes the whole team of level 20+ heroes to kill it. The Soul of the Imba Golem should win you the game if you get it, so there is no need for different god items.

The point of the game not ending is so you can continue to mess around with your heroes.

-ar(all random) is already in place and working.
-sd(single draft) may be implemented in the future.

The game is realy fun, and I realy like that the map is small. However it has a couple of flaws.

First of all some heroes are realy overpowered. I liked the idea of giving gold when dieing, but it just doesn't help! I guess this is a result of some heroes beeing realy unbalanced.

The Gem system is VERY good, but the game doesn't give you enough time to find what items you need. Dota is a big map and you can examine items, because you have more time. In this map it's different :( You should classify the items or something, I dunno.

The bosses are realy overpowered :D

A thing that needs to be done urgent, is a change of the multiboard.
Remove the players that are not playing, add some colors to different things and ESPECIALY add colors to players. It is realy confusing to understand who killed who when the text is just white.

Maybe you could randomize the creeps a bit too.

In overall, the map is fun, but the things that make it boring are:
1. Ugly multiboard and absolutely no player colors.
2. Creeps are too boring. Maybe give them abilities or something?
3. Some heroes are too overpowered and kill you from 2-3 hits (while you are stunned ofc).

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot. Out of the 2 games that I played, I Fatal Errored in the second one. There was a fight between pit lord, ghost and someone else (luna or shaman) when it happened.

When 0.55 is released, it will have color and the multiboard will black-out leavers/empty slots.

Specifically what do you suggest for creeps (please, don't suggest heal as an ability, it only disrupts last hitting and denying)

Also, balance is an issue I have trouble doing, because I don't really have time to test out the map that much, so if I could get someone to help me...

Level 2
1. Sorry for the -ar I forgot it is already working :cneut:
2. For creeps,if you don't add abilities,then add like in Dota -sc Super creeps from time to time... to balance lines :wink: like 5 min time to re spawn.:csmile:
3. I don't agree...I played all heroes...very few intellect heroes can kill strength heroes...But... nvm... I will play agility and strength :grin:
4. I suggested more Imba items because this item is most for strength because has +50 strength(I think...)not very good for intellect.
5. Imba it's easy... I can kill it in 20 sec with 2 individual heroes :infl_thumbs_up: I mean if I have 1 from those 2 heroes I can go alone vs Imba and it's easy :xxd: To kill Imba alone there are...5 heroes that can solo Imba easy...
6. I agree that it should continue... but to a point...not forever... put max kills 150? or 100? :sad:

Waiting for next map.:infl_thumbs_up::gg:

Level 4
1. Sorry for the -ar I forgot it is already working :cneut:
2. For creeps,if you don't add abilities,then add like in Dota -sc Super creeps from time to time... to balance lines :wink: like 5 min time to re spawn.:csmile:
3. I don't agree...I played all heroes...very few intellect heroes can kill strength heroes...But... nvm... I will play agility and strength :grin:
4. I suggested more Imba items because this item is most for strength because has +50 strength(I think...)not very good for intellect.
5. Imba it's easy... I can kill it in 20 sec with 2 individual heroes :infl_thumbs_up: I mean if I have 1 from those 2 heroes I can go alone vs Imba and it's easy :xxd: To kill Imba alone there are...5 heroes that can solo Imba easy...
6. I agree that it should continue... but to a point...not forever... put max kills 150? or 100? :sad:

Waiting for next map.:infl_thumbs_up::gg:

2. I'll think about adding different creeps.

3. Test out all the int heroes. There are many powerful ones.

4. Once any hero gets that item, that hero becomes a carry hero. +250 damage, +50% attack speed, and 250 movespeed is all you need to solo both the end towers.

5. Imba Golem is difficult for most heroes and wastes a considerable amount of time. If you are strong enough to kill the Golem, you might as well go kill their base.

6. You can just leave when the game ends wherever you want.

Level 5
i have a question......HOW IN THE HELL DO U DOWNLOAD A MAP!??? i try to download maps but my stupid computer askes me what program to use to open the file so i choose world editor...and what do i get?? NOTHING.! it just opened up the world editor.......... and the map wasint there.....i have never had this problem on my other computer where i was dowloading maps like crazy...but i got a virus and it deleted my warcraft 3 files.....so now my computer that im using now...sucks..so tell me what to do.

Level 2
Hy again...Good modifications.:ah: But.. i saw some minor problems :thumbs_up::fp:
1. Item: Arcane scepter of the Magi it's good that gives +75 intellect,but add 1 more special power to it... like attack speed 30%?:asad:
2. Summon Aqua striker from hero: Hydro (Sea elemental) that summon attacks too slow... and dies too fast. :xxd: Or modify it to attack faster or put it to last more then 10 sec... put 20 :csmile:
3. Sea Elemental's ultimate give very low damage!only 220 damage at rank max...:eekani::thumbs_down:. Pls add more damage to it... like 400? or 500? :bored:
4. Item: Essence Glyph gives good things but.. pls Add damage to it ... like +20? or +30 at least?:sad:
5. Tang Zi (Panda) Has more base strength then intellect...:85 Strength and intellect: 78. Add more agility and reduce the strength...at least strength = intellect. Add more Agility because it's kind of low :sad: only 40 :bored:
So... In conclusion... Good modifications,but no neutral creeps yet :bored:

Level 4
i have a question......HOW IN THE HELL DO U DOWNLOAD A MAP!??? i try to download maps but my stupid computer askes me what program to use to open the file so i choose world editor...and what do i get?? NOTHING.! it just opened up the world editor.......... and the map wasint there.....i have never had this problem on my other computer where i was dowloading maps like crazy...but i got a virus and it deleted my warcraft 3 files.....so now my computer that im using now...sucks..so tell me what to do.

Nice troll

Hy again...Good modifications.:ah: But.. i saw some minor problems :thumbs_up::fp:
1. Item: Arcane scepter of the Magi it's good that gives +75 intellect,but add 1 more special power to it... like attack speed 30%?:asad:
2. Summon Aqua striker from hero: Hydro (Sea elemental) that summon attacks too slow... and dies too fast. :xxd: Or modify it to attack faster or put it to last more then 10 sec... put 20 :csmile:
3. Sea Elemental's ultimate give very low damage!only 220 damage at rank max...:eekani::thumbs_down:. Pls add more damage to it... like 400? or 500? :bored:
4. Item: Essence Glyph gives good things but.. pls Add damage to it ... like +20? or +30 at least?:sad:
5. Tang Zi (Panda) Has more base strength then intellect...:85 Strength and intellect: 78. Add more agility and reduce the strength...at least strength = intellect. Add more Agility because it's kind of low :sad: only 40 :bored:
So... In conclusion... Good modifications,but no neutral creeps yet :bored:

1. Good idea
2. The point of it is to harrass and farm. It has a very low mana cost.
3. The ultimate has a low cooldown, probably one of the lowest for an ultimate, which is why it deals less than average damage.
4. Essence Glyph is not an item for dps heroes. You shouldn't need damage on the heroes you get it on.
5. I know. I made him have extremely high strength on purpose. You don't play him like a caster hero, you are supposed to make him a carry. The third ability makes up for his low agility.
6. I've decided against neutrals because you gain gold and xp at an extremelly fast rate already.

Level 2
Ok...But now I have a new suggestion :grin::fp:
Put revive for Roshans and 2 more Bosses. :grin: So I can do something... to kill something any time :wink:
You have some suggestions on those replays I sent you. :smile:
Keep it on. :wink:

Level 2
Make Lich's attack an Auto-cast spell because it's boring to press A every time...:bored:

Level 2
And if I play -ar mod? and I don't want to -repick? :sad: or I repicked 1 time.. and next time this hero comes? :confused: :sad:

Level 2
Oh.. I forgot...Can you say on this site... when will you post next version? Like: The next version will be posted approximately on the 10 of March.:grin:

Level 4
And if I play -ar mod? and I don't want to -repick? :sad: or I repicked 1 time.. and next time this hero comes? :confused: :sad:

He's a good hero. If you get two heroes you don't like, then just get better at more heroes.

Oh.. I forgot...Can you say on this site... when will you post next version? Like: The next version will be posted approximately on the 10 of March.:grin:

I don't really know myself when new versions come out. I don't really have a schedule for modding.

Level 1
I'm sorry for not posting in a while. I'm not sur eI plaeyed the latest version but I'll get on to it right away and come bacj with anything I cna find.

Level 1
Fury slashes(templar knight) defenitly needs to be nerfed.

If you get Bash and feedback you + 35 dmg + 10 dmg + 20 agi, and since templar knight is agi he gets + 65 dmg. Now, assuming your enemy has mana, you will do an anditinal 45 damage per hit, adding up to 110 extra damage.

His ulti slows the enemy aswell, making it a feirce combo. If you slow your enemy and attack with 110 exra damage per attack for 5 seconds att max attack speed(13 attacks), and on top of that drain their mana and stun them, they have no hope of surviving. (Then you get the critical/cleav and it's gg.)

Talsiman of Luckis too weak.
It does has 1% to crit x5. That's a 400% damage boost on 1/100. 400/100 = 4. The talsiman gives you a 4% damge boost as an averidge, and I think that's pritty weak.

Level 2
I agree... Stun it's too much :cneut:
Some agility heroes put 2 stun items and give 100% stun :ash::asad:
Pls add like in Dota...2 stun items doesn't work... and Passive stun + stun item doesn't work.:wink:

Level 1
That's not exactly what I meant. I were talking about Templat Knight wich is a hero who's thirs skill gives him maximum in attack speed allowed. A normal agi hero with stun items won't stun locka anyone becuas ther is only 12% chance.

And I don'th think they do stack... Possibly the bash and the crit bash, but not two of the same kind.

Level 15
A comment on the new version. USE MORE SPECIAL EFFECTS!
Many of the new spells are rather good but the lack of Special Effects make them look lame. Take Circuit Switch for example, it's nice but a lightning connecting the two and some lightning explosions here and there could make it better.
Also, the Aqua Strike Ultimate is kinda crap. It looks stupid (special effects) and is rather weak. You could try making the guy turn into water and move towards the guy. Hitting the target will trigger some watery explosion or something :)
Overall, a really good map, I really like it :D

Level 2
New little problems...

Man...:
1. Stormseer's secound spell: Lightning attack needs 25 mana for each attack...I think it's a little too much... because the hero is agility not intellect...so pls reduce it to 10/15 mana...
2. The 3 spell of Stormseeker at rank max gives +32 damage...:thumbs_down: weak...wasted...I suggest it needs new spell...or more damage...
3.the Shadowblade's spell 1:fan of knives at rank max gives 140 damage...:bored: 2.5 sec cooldown... I think it's better to increase damage like... 250 and increase time...like on 15 sec...because the hero is for agility not intellect and hasn't got that much mana...
4.Stormseeker's ultimate is weak ... 0 damage
Storm surge gives 140 damage and this is weak... and needs 140 mana... and again it's an agility hero not Intellect.:ash:
5.Khan's second spell it's superb for strength ...but cooldown it's too short... only 15 sec...I suggest you increase it to 20-30.:wink:

Level 4
you should balance the orb of pain and herald of zakarum, because -25 armor as satyr assasin + ulti is pretty much gg. if someone gets the orb the only way to counter is to get 1-2 shields which makes the game boring and lame cause u cant really get items which would match good with your hero.
(imagine a game where everyone got 1 orb and 2 shields thats boring).
Please rebalance these items and maybe nerf hermes heels or s.t abit cause nearly maxmovement and blink is annoying if anyone gets it lategame^^.

Level 1
hello, i was wondering are you working on the new version ? I really enjoy your map its fun and i has a pretty fast gamerate +all the items are so imbalanced and we all love em so much :p keep up the good work i hope we soon get an update.
P.S. I was joking about the items (the previus version items where much more imbalanced xD )

Level 1
Also Twelveoclock i wanted to ask you:
Are you aware of the bug the avatar item gives ? It has been there for quite a while maybe even from the beggining of gota, It persisted after the complete item change in 0.5x (or was it a few versions before, it doesnt really matter) I was just posting this question beacause i am not sure if you even know about this bug, I personally dont have anything against it cuz it causes fear in my enemies xD
P.S. Its the bug that enlarges you without an end and in a few minutes you sorta become bigger than the screen :/

Level 1
crap and i thought you left it there cuz it was cool :/
Lota ppl that play this map are gonna hate me for telling you this but it is a glitch so it goes like this:
When you get the avatar item you activate it, then while its still on you drop the item and pick it up again. When the duration of the avatar expires you are still as big as the last time you used it which in other words means that each time you activate the avatar item, drop it and pick it up again you become bigger which eventually makes you bigger than the screen ^^
P.S. more info on the new version please xD, and thank you for your time

Level 1
i found some bugs :

- random mode ( -ar ) : some players have no their Hero.
- item recipe give you bonus although it has not been combined yet ( Soulstone ) and when you already combine it , the bonus dissapear

That's all , i wait for your new version , i realy like your map :grin:

Last edited: