• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Got some questions need answering please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well i have searched for an hour or so in the posts here to find what i need but found nothing, so i thought i should make a thread.

I was wondering if you can help me with putting some answers to these questions:

1- How do i make a group of specific units generate a randomly drop for a specific item (i.e. if i have a group of 7 spiders that one of them can drop a Ring of Protection +3 with a chance of 10% to drop).

2- a) If i want the player's character to be transfered (once picked by casting a "choose hero spell") to a certain region.
b) If i can make the player's character transfere from one region to another.

3- In the tutorial with item stacking done by Rao Dao Zao
(Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Potion of Healing
when i tried to make that action i didn't find the "Hero manipulating item" paramter so i used a Trigering unit parameter instead, would that work?

Thank you very much .

Level 17
1-
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Equal to 1
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Spider
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Position of (Triggering unit))

2-a Didn't really understand this one
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Choose Hero
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Your Region <gen>)
2-b
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Your Region <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Your Region <gen>)

3- Yes, it will work fine, and is actually faster.

Note: All of these will leak, so you should work on fixing them up(not a huge priority).

Level 29
1-
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Equal to 1
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Spider
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Position of (Triggering unit))
Note: All of these will leak, so you should work on fixing them up(not a huge priority).

The first one should be a high priority since it will occur (probably) a lot of times.

Level 4
Thank you very much for fast replying, that saved me really :D.

I don't really understand leaks but i am downloading a tutorial right now about it, and i wil try to work on it, again thank you very much

Level 4
Hello yet again, i ran into some new problems and was wondering how to solve them, didn't find anything in that criterea.

1- I applied some traps to my map, i thought they normally do dmg to anyone setting foot on them while they are activated (i.e. when the cold trap for instance animation is playing and you cross over it, it should cause dmg).

But sadly it didn't so i thought i add a region and make everyone passing over it, would get dmg (and wait 2 sec if he is still in the region he will get dmg yet again.) .

But then when i tested it, it would dmg the passer on the region even if the trap animation isn't showing (i.e. the trap is permitting you to pass) and to my amazment the command even pypassed some spells like the divine aura of the paladin (which should protect him from any dmg anyway).

Can anyone help me in that ? How to make traps do dmg to passers only when they are active and would still do dmg even if someone still stands on them till they move and that won't pypass any spells like divine aura or mana shield?

2- Also another thing i came to discover that every hostile NPC in WC is social to any other kind of hostile NPC or even itself (like if there is a group of wolves in a place scattered around yet they are near each other and a group of spiders, if you attacked one spider or one wolf all the other creatures will come to attack you.)

Is there anything really to over come this, to make the hostile NPCs un social ?

Status
Not open for further replies.