• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gorillas using tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Missile silos? Pff. Maybe in a few million years

But its really expected from our closest relitives. Now, when something starts making true artwork, forming societies and making a language, THAT'S when I'll start worrying

Level 3
omg... do u ppl really believe that we evolved from apes? i totally reject this idea and i also condemn darwin for making such a joke... anyway, if we did evolve from monkeys, then why didnt ALL monkeys evolve?

Level 15
First, no one cares what you think...however what you think is wrong.
Darwin did not state that man evolved from monkeys. Rather the theory of evolution proposes that they evolved from a similar ancestor. The reason for evolution is so that animals can become better adapted to occupy an environmental niche. A niche creates a sort of comfort zone for a species so that it does not exist with too many environmental stress. It is generally believe that species evolve the most in reaction to high amounts of stress in their environmental.
Evolution does not mean that creatures are continually advancing or some shit like that...it just means that they are reacting to environmental stimuli to better survive.

Talk to me about Bio when you have taken atleast a highschool biology class (assuming you don't live in Arkansas or something where they don't teach it.)

Level 10
N£cr0m@nc£r said:
omg... do u ppl really believe that we evolved from apes? i totally reject this idea and i also condemn darwin for making such a joke... anyway, if we did evolve from monkeys, then why didnt ALL monkeys evolve?

we have evolved. but you are still a monkey :lol:

Level 4
there's a missing link rememeber.

But I am still freigtened by the fact that these gorillas can build missile silos and take over the world.

Level 25
We evolved from an ansestor who evolved from a monkey

Other apes have evolved. Its just that we evolved more in the intelegence area and less in the strength area, unlike them

When we started walking on the ground, that's when we could focus on being total smartasses

qwerty said:
N£cr0m@nc£r said:

we have evolved. but you are still a monkey :lol:

Hahaha good one :lol:

Level 3
antihero, u just said i was wrong... can u prove it? were u alive 10000 (dunno the exact age) years ago when the monkeys started evoluing into human beings? if i am wrong, then half the world is wrong as well, because everyone believes god created the world

still if the theory of evolution is correct, then where did the very essence of life come from? from the big bang? then where did the big bang come from? no, i dont believe in these theories, no one was alive so much time ago to prove that and science isnt 100% accurate, so i prefer to believe that god really exists

P.S. like common ppl use to say, "who came first, the egg or the chicken?"

Level 25
Were you alive 2005 years ago when this apparant person known as "Jesus" was born?

No? Then no evidence that it happaned aside from a book. But oh wait, I can write books as well!

I believe that the entire begining story of the Bible is just a freaking metaphor for the universe being created and then a pure intelegence force having a bit of a hand in establishing order and removing chaos, and then watching over millions of years (Which wouldn't be years to this being, as time would not be linear to it) as small single celled beings eventually became fish, plants, anthropods, amphibions, reptiles, dinosaurs, birds and mammals

And that Adam and Eve story is just a metaphor for the birth of moral conciousness. The "Garden of Eden" my dear friends is what animals live their entire lives in, not knowing good or evil, not knowing of their own demise, living only to reproduce and die

We on the other hand get the short end of the stick and realise we will die some day. That's gotta suck, huh?

And no, I'm too bored to comment on other parts of the Bible. Lets just say that the Christian god doesn't exist because he's ment to be able to do anything, but he can't stop being himself. Therefore, he cannot do everything

Oh, and if you're complaining about the Big Bang being an event without a cause, then what caused God?

And trust me, we're just intelegent primates. We're not all that different from any of the other primates, the only difference is that we grow less fur on our bodies, we're freaking weak, we're intelegent and we have moral conciousness

Level 3
haha mecheon... let me make things clear... it isnt only the bible that says that Jeesus really existed, the Al Khoram (the moorish bible, dunno the english name), also says it and other sources as well... isnt it a bit too much coincidence?

also how do u know that important persons (like Christopher Columbus, Napoleon, etc) really existed? well someone wrote about them, else we wouldnt even know about their existence! but the big bang, for example, is just a "theory", nothing more!

oh, and yes, thinking that we will die someday "really sucks", and i refuse to think that everything ends with death

and like i said before, why are we the only racional beings in this goddamn world?

P.S. laugh if u want, but i remember seeing in the TV, about 3 years ago or more, that a ship was found in the alps (dating more then 2000 years)... now tell me how the damn ship got there?

Level 25
Saying a ship was found in the Alps isn't going to help you either. If you're gonna pull "WHOAMAGOD FLOOD" on me, the flood would have happaned much earlier than that. There have been at least thousands of years of unrecordered human history before then

And I don't know that Napoleon and Christopher Columbus existed. I believe they existed, as I have heard of things that they themselves have written and said. Not to mention that it was in a recent timeline

Ok, there's evidence for a Jesus existing. Now give me evidence that he actually did what he said he did, and that both books weren't actually made from rumours heard of the time and tales that have been strung around

Oh, and the entire God thing is a theory as well. We certainly don't have any evidence

And we're the only rational beings because of the most glorious device that is pure and simple luck. There is a high chance that some other being may also evolve to gain intelegence to our degree, or that there are beings like that on planets far away from ours

And as for how the ship could have gotten to the Alps? Certainly not as the Alps were being formed, as those were formed many millenia before humans ever existed. And I've seen very little evidence for a world-wide flood, which could only result from an excessive global heating, but even when the icecaps and snow didn't exist the earth didn't flood, so unless the earth has mysteriously gained more water, I find that hard to believe

Which leaves my thought-of-on-the-spot theory: A group of people who had a relgious connection with boats somehow, seeing them as something sacred or the like, and they took one of their sacred ships up there for a burial ritual

This was done by other ancient cultures, I could see it being done by another one

Level 3
conclusion: u have one opinion about this issue, i have another totaly diferent

still i wanted to point one thing out: the boat wasnt on a small hill that belongs to the alps, it was nearly the top; and from what i remember from the report, the nearest place from where the ship's wood could be arranged, was somewhere around the black sea (if i am not wrong)

oh, and another thing, u said that Napoleon and Chris were from a recent timeline? well then i will make other examples, cleopatra, gilgamesh, and if u want an older person: hammurabi from babylonia

but i will not discuss with u any further: if darkshadow is paying attention to this thread, he will close this topic because we are speaking about "religious" matters, and i dont want to be blamed for the whole thread being closed

Level 3
N£cr0m@nc£r said:
still i wanted to point one thing out: the boat wasnt on a small hill that belongs to the alps, it was nearly the top; and from what i remember from the report, the nearest place from where the ship's wood could be arranged, was somewhere around the black sea (if i am not wrong)
Reminds me of some other monument...hmmmm...what was it called, oh yeah, Stonehenge.

Level 3
and those big stone heads in the easter island (was it easter or christmas? oh well dunno) as well; the nearest place where the stones could be gotten from was too far away, and natives only used some primitive boats to travel that couldnt transport things so heavy

Level 15
Mecheon...just stop. This kids like 8; he in no way comprehended anything that I wrote. Not to mention that his understanding of the theory of evolution is minimal at best, non-existant at worst.

Now the problem is, that you see the word theory in the term "theory of evolution" and just assume that its just some idea that someone thought up out of thin air. However, there are lots of theories that we can't prove that we must assume are true in order to live our lives and continue scientific discover. The truth is that evolution is a theory that has a lot of scientific proof to back up its claims. Darwin spent most of his adult life studying and theorizing to come up with this idea, that was rejecting for a long time afterward by a lot of the scientific community. However, 95% of scientists today believe in the theory of evolution (those 5% who don't tend not to be biologist.)
The truth is that neither evolution nor faith can ever really be proved.

Oh and about stonehedge, (its easter island :roll:) isn't there evidence that the rocks came from a now dormant volcanoe?

Level 22
Lets not forget that Darwin was amost completely ignored until science actually started backing up his claims. (darn that pesky science thing!)

Code:
And as for how the ship could have gotten to the Alps? Certainly not as the Alps were being formed, as those were formed many millenia before humans ever existed. And I've seen very little evidence for a world-wide flood, which could only result from an excessive global heating, but even when the icecaps and snow didn't exist the earth didn't flood, so unless the earth has mysteriously gained more water, I find that hard to believe

You talking about Noah's ark on mount Arrarat? It got stuck up there after the waters receded....supposedly.

as for the earth "mysertiously" getting water. We actually get about 2 tons of new water a day from particles in gasses floating in from space.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
antihero, i understood what u wrote, but i dont really believe on it, and yes, my knowledge about this theory is kind of short but still i know what it stands for...

i didnt say that this theory was an "idea that someone thought up out of thin air" and i also know that there are many things that back up this theory

well, i will tell u a bit of what i know:

i know that the idea of biological evolution exists since ancient times and was supported by greco-romans atomists (Epicurus, Lucretius, the few i really know of), but then with the belief on the bible, and that god created all species as they are now, the idea of biological evolution was lost, and only revived later in the 17th century by some french scientist (uh, i think he was called Lamark, or something like that), and finally by Darwin. Darwin travelled to some places (the few places i know he traveled to were: the galapagos, the falklands and tahiti) and later published his work, the origin of the species, in which he said that "groups of organisms" evolve through the process of natural selection (meaning that in a world where individuals must strugle for survival, only those with the best characteristics will survive, and these traits will be passed to their sons and to other generations which will become dominant amongst others). today, i know that the theory of evolution is strongly backed by the DNA, and i also know that chimpanzees and humans share about 99% of their DNA

btw, i know that some theories, are just that; theories (nothing more then a "speculation"). but some other theories, like the theory of gravitation, is based on facts (try droping and apple or something, and u will see that it will fall in a straight line)

i know that u may know a lot more then me, by far. but just because i am missing some parts i am a 8 year old kid? i believe in many things science says, but this theory, in my opinion, is senseless

EDITED: VG u are right, i was speaking about noah's ark; another thing that proves that the bible is correct

Level 3
N£cr0m@nc£r said:
and those big stone heads in the easter island (was it easter or christmas? oh well dunno) as well; the nearest place where the stones could be gotten from was too far away, and natives only used some primitive boats to travel that couldnt transport things so heavy
N£cr0m@nc£r said:
EDITED: VG u are right, i was speaking about noah's ark; another thing that proves that the bible is correct
This is what I was getting at in my post, apparently it was too sutle for you to notice. It could've just been put up there like how they made Stonehenge, it wouldn't be the first time humans have done bizzare things like that.

Level 3
jetpack, do u think that some crazy humans about 2000 years ago, when the only means of transportation were horses, would chop wood in some region of the black sea, carry it to the alps which is about 2000 meters tall, build a damn ship where the temperature is very low just to honor some god or any other thing? heck, i know that the stonehenge and those big stone heads in the easter island are bizzare, but this...

it is easier to believe that somehow the world got really flooded, and that a ship got stuck in the alps

Level 25
Necro, I'm not sure if you noticed, but a bunch of crazy humans over 2000 years ago quarried stone to make several huge monuments honouring their dead. We call them the pyramids

I find it harder to believe that the entire world could have became flooded from massive rainfall. Countless species of plants would be extinct, along with countless species of animals. Don't give me the "2 of every animal", if there were only 2 of every animal still around, they'd be considered biologicaly extinct, and many of them wouldn't be able to reproduce enough to get back their previous numbers

Level 3
Wuh? Mount Arrarrat? Sounds familiar to Arreat... No wait... That doesn't exist... Or does it?

My complex brain shall become converted by Diablo if I do not perform an action to help my cause...

Now where were we? Ah, apes. Yes, I saw the television show on it on Discovery Channel, then they had something on Tutankhamun's tomb. Or was it Tal Rasha? No, Tal Rasha doesn't exist...

I think...

EDIT:I had two "o"s in "to<- Arreat"
Where are those plus signs in
the "o" centers... Nevermind...

Indeed, apes using tools, that's very rad

it has already been proven that Stonehenge and the easter islands faces could be made by stone age humans.

And now I'm going to explain evolution...
N£cr0m@nc£r, are you different from your parents? undouptebly, if you are, you have different characteristics and different surviving skills. Lets say you have one special thing, like for example a big nose (not saying that you really have one). Now, if that big nose is profittable for your survival, then you have a better chance of giving your genes on to the next generation, if your children also have that same big nose they too can give their big nose genes to their children, there for causing change over time. That is natural sellection (evolution). now don't tell me that doesn't make any sense...

Level 2
This topic is going to be locked, I know it.
Beforehand, let me say that I MAY BE WRONG, but I don't think I am. Nothing I say Im 100% sure about.

Also, this is sort of a lousey philosophical discussion. Necromancer is using IMHO the worst existing proofs of Christianity, and the evolution people are just chanting "There's no proof, it never happened!" which is actually at it's root a fallicy. In fact, I'll admit there are some pretty darn good ways to disprove the bible, but none of the evolutionists are using them. Of course, this IS just a warcraft 3 modding board. PS. I don't expect to do massively better, I'm no huge philosopher, but just saying.

Yeah your right the theory with god swinging his magic wand and everything just popped up are way more beliveable. icon_rolleyes.gif
What are the laws of physics, really? How do we know for sure that there aren't exceptions in the most basic laws of existance somewhere out there? We don't. Just because you've never seen it happening somewhere dosn't mean it's actually happening. Technically, nothing is ever 100% sure.

And no, I'm too bored to comment on other parts of the Bible. Lets just say that the Christian god doesn't exist because he's ment to be able to do anything, but he can't stop being himself. Therefore, he cannot do everything
Actually, I don't believe God has literally infinite power, for exactly this type of paradox, just near enough to infinite for it to matter in most cases to humans. Plus, if he had literally infinite power he could make it impossble to harm other humans at the same time as giving people free choice.

Microevolution is the survival of the fittest playing out in small traits that are still within a specie's genetics. You know, the things that make a caucasian and an african different and yet still completely the same species. That can entirely happen! However, an actual random mutation from radiation is usually bad. The good ones are about one in a billion. For that to happen repeatedly, all for the descendants of the same line and all good, enough to change say a mouse into a racoon, the chances would be amazingly slim. Also, the protiens that make up a cell are VERY complex, and there are a lot of them. The whole beginning of the first cell thing is really rediculous, because millions of atoms would all have to fall exacyly into place. Is this impossible, to get that way to the state Earth is in now, through that method? Yes, but the chances are so impossibly thin. There are many other such scientific disprovals of evolution, like the chicken-an-egg thing of nutrients in the soil and the atmosphere suitable for life. Alsom the sheer complexaty of things, like the bombardier beatle, or flying birds, or the electronic sense in sharks. Especially, the brain. How do you explain self-awareness without the idea of a spirit?

I would say more but it's time for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.