• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

News: Obese blamed for the worlds ills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Check out the full article here.

"The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine calculated the obese consume 18% more calories than average.

They are also responsible for using more fuel, which has an environmental impact and drives up food prices as transport and agriculture both use oil.

The result is that the poor struggle to afford food and greenhouse gas emissions rise, the Lancet reported."

Discuss.

Level 15
Unfortunately, the Obesity in the U.S. and many other countries HAS skyrocketed with fast-food industries such as McDonalds, Burger King, etc. Being a Jew (and these fast-food companies not being kosher [killed properly, checked for impurities, etc.]) I don't dine in such places. You know... some people say that following a kosher diet is healthier than a non-kosher one. Why? Because we (as mentioned) check if they have impurities. Impure meats and foods have a higher chance to cause an illness than otherwise. But I'm straying slightly off-topic...

People are animals. We need to eat in order to survive. But unlike most animals, we tend to overeat. Overeating may become a habit, which will cause one to gain lots of weight. I'm slightly overweight (127 LBs at 13 years old, 5 feet tall more or less), but that doesn't count as "obese". People just need to learn that it isn't good and it isn't healthy. Self-control and self-discipline are something that these people lack, and something they need to learn.

Obesity ALSO is caused by psychological problems such as depression, where a person will drown their sorrows in sugar-loaded food. I feel bad for these people, and I strongly recommend that if you have depression, STAY AWAY FROM MEDICATION. Talk to people about your problems. Medication may turn you into a robot or make you sick.

Level 21
damn straight, fat people are fat because they are lazy bums. 99% of them who claim to have glandular or thyriod problems are bullshitting they are just lazy wankers who complain about how fat they are but dont get off their fat asses to lose the weight. they are bringing society down and its an embarrassment for themselves and for the rest of us who have to put up with their dumb ass complaints and grotesc appearance. how can anyone treat their body so badly? over eating with horrible fatty foods is worse for me than doing drugs or drinking alot of alcohol because at least when you do drugs you get high. when you eat you get fat and usualyl become a complete prick in the proccess.

now, no offence to fat people, many are lovely lovely people, but for fuck sake, your gunna get diabeties and die young; if you dont get yourself moving youll die of a heart attack or some shit and the only person to blame is you because you cry and comfort eat yourself into an early grave you fat shit.

worst case scenearo, a young girl of 20ish is well overweight and would do anything to be thin....well, anything, except actually some exercise and eating right. go ahead honey, have another oreo, im sure it will make you feel better but look worse.

my biggest gripe against fat people, they cost our govenment millions of pounds because of their greedy dumb shit lifestyle that keeps them, and everyone who payes taxes, in a constant state of misery. thanks fat people, youve fuck it up for us all.

Level 24
I actually do know a girl that walks, eats healthy and everything, but she's still what most people would call huge. And apparently, it's a lot more than 1% of fat people who aren't like that, but the people who are just lazy shits drag an enormous amount of unwarranted negative attention to people who do have an actual inability to lose weight. Also, lifestyle is a huge part of weight management. Sometimes some things that sound normal to people just don't to others, and that's not that the people are lazy, it's that their lifestyles just don't really bring things that would help with weight management up.

Status
Not open for further replies.