1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gorillas using tools?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tuna69, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuna69

tuna69

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Missile silos? Pff. Maybe in a few million years

But its really expected from our closest relitives. Now, when something starts making true artwork, forming societies and making a language, THAT'S when I'll start worrying

3. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gimme a break...thats been know ever sine the birth of anthropology.

But then again, BBC has been known to publish a lot of "well, DUUUUH" stories in the past...
    -VGsatomi

4. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Meh who cares about some retarded monkeys, it takes many many many years before they evolve into anything inteligent and by that time im dead and gone so what do I care? :roll:

5. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    omg... do u ppl really believe that we evolved from apes? i totally reject this idea and i also condemn darwin for making such a joke... anyway, if we did evolve from monkeys, then why didnt ALL monkeys evolve?

6. antihero

antihero

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First, no one cares what you think...however what you think is wrong.
    Darwin did not state that man evolved from monkeys. Rather the theory of evolution proposes that they evolved from a similar ancestor. The reason for evolution is so that animals can become better adapted to occupy an environmental niche. A niche creates a sort of comfort zone for a species so that it does not exist with too many environmental stress. It is generally believe that species evolve the most in reaction to high amounts of stress in their environmental.
    Evolution does not mean that creatures are continually advancing or some shit like that...it just means that they are reacting to environmental stimuli to better survive.

Talk to me about Bio when you have taken atleast a highschool biology class (assuming you don't live in Arkansas or something where they don't teach it.)

7. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    we have evolved. but you are still a monkey :lol:

8. tuna69

tuna69

Resources:
    Resources:
    there's a missing link rememeber.

But I am still freigtened by the fact that these gorillas can build missile silos and take over the world.

9. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    We evolved from an ansestor who evolved from a monkey

Other apes have evolved. Its just that we evolved more in the intelegence area and less in the strength area, unlike them

When we started walking on the ground, that's when we could focus on being total smartasses

10. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hahaha good one :lol:

11. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    antihero, u just said i was wrong... can u prove it? were u alive 10000 (dunno the exact age) years ago when the monkeys started evoluing into human beings? if i am wrong, then half the world is wrong as well, because everyone believes god created the world

still if the theory of evolution is correct, then where did the very essence of life come from? from the big bang? then where did the big bang come from? no, i dont believe in these theories, no one was alive so much time ago to prove that and science isnt 100% accurate, so i prefer to believe that god really exists

P.S. like common ppl use to say, "who came first, the egg or the chicken?"

12. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah your right the theory with god swinging his magic wand and everything just popped up are way more beliveable. :roll:

13. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    but that doesnt mean god couldnt make the apes evolve into us humans

14. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Were you alive 2005 years ago when this apparant person known as "Jesus" was born?

No? Then no evidence that it happaned aside from a book. But oh wait, I can write books as well!

I believe that the entire begining story of the Bible is just a freaking metaphor for the universe being created and then a pure intelegence force having a bit of a hand in establishing order and removing chaos, and then watching over millions of years (Which wouldn't be years to this being, as time would not be linear to it) as small single celled beings eventually became fish, plants, anthropods, amphibions, reptiles, dinosaurs, birds and mammals

And that Adam and Eve story is just a metaphor for the birth of moral conciousness. The "Garden of Eden" my dear friends is what animals live their entire lives in, not knowing good or evil, not knowing of their own demise, living only to reproduce and die

We on the other hand get the short end of the stick and realise we will die some day. That's gotta suck, huh?

And no, I'm too bored to comment on other parts of the Bible. Lets just say that the Christian god doesn't exist because he's ment to be able to do anything, but he can't stop being himself. Therefore, he cannot do everything

Oh, and if you're complaining about the Big Bang being an event without a cause, then what caused God?

And trust me, we're just intelegent primates. We're not all that different from any of the other primates, the only difference is that we grow less fur on our bodies, we're freaking weak, we're intelegent and we have moral conciousness

15. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Err.........apes? thats pathetic! i er...er......er....um....shit!
    my minds devoling. Argh....i need help..somethins wrong this me.. sign*
    i dont know what to put....

16. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    haha mecheon... let me make things clear... it isnt only the bible that says that Jeesus really existed, the Al Khoram (the moorish bible, dunno the english name), also says it and other sources as well... isnt it a bit too much coincidence?

also how do u know that important persons (like Christopher Columbus, Napoleon, etc) really existed? well someone wrote about them, else we wouldnt even know about their existence! but the big bang, for example, is just a "theory", nothing more!

oh, and yes, thinking that we will die someday "really sucks", and i refuse to think that everything ends with death

and like i said before, why are we the only racional beings in this goddamn world?

P.S. laugh if u want, but i remember seeing in the TV, about 3 years ago or more, that a ship was found in the alps (dating more then 2000 years)... now tell me how the damn ship got there?

17. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Saying a ship was found in the Alps isn't going to help you either. If you're gonna pull "WHOAMAGOD FLOOD" on me, the flood would have happaned much earlier than that. There have been at least thousands of years of unrecordered human history before then

And I don't know that Napoleon and Christopher Columbus existed. I believe they existed, as I have heard of things that they themselves have written and said. Not to mention that it was in a recent timeline

Ok, there's evidence for a Jesus existing. Now give me evidence that he actually did what he said he did, and that both books weren't actually made from rumours heard of the time and tales that have been strung around

Oh, and the entire God thing is a theory as well. We certainly don't have any evidence

And we're the only rational beings because of the most glorious device that is pure and simple luck. There is a high chance that some other being may also evolve to gain intelegence to our degree, or that there are beings like that on planets far away from ours

And as for how the ship could have gotten to the Alps? Certainly not as the Alps were being formed, as those were formed many millenia before humans ever existed. And I've seen very little evidence for a world-wide flood, which could only result from an excessive global heating, but even when the icecaps and snow didn't exist the earth didn't flood, so unless the earth has mysteriously gained more water, I find that hard to believe

Which leaves my thought-of-on-the-spot theory: A group of people who had a relgious connection with boats somehow, seeing them as something sacred or the like, and they took one of their sacred ships up there for a burial ritual

This was done by other ancient cultures, I could see it being done by another one

18. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    conclusion: u have one opinion about this issue, i have another totaly diferent

still i wanted to point one thing out: the boat wasnt on a small hill that belongs to the alps, it was nearly the top; and from what i remember from the report, the nearest place from where the ship's wood could be arranged, was somewhere around the black sea (if i am not wrong)

oh, and another thing, u said that Napoleon and Chris were from a recent timeline? well then i will make other examples, cleopatra, gilgamesh, and if u want an older person: hammurabi from babylonia

but i will not discuss with u any further: if darkshadow is paying attention to this thread, he will close this topic because we are speaking about "religious" matters, and i dont want to be blamed for the whole thread being closed

19. JetPack

JetPack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reminds me of some other monument...hmmmm...what was it called, oh yeah, Stonehenge.

20. N£cr0m@nc£r

N£cr0m@nc£r

Resources:
    Resources:
    and those big stone heads in the easter island (was it easter or christmas? oh well dunno) as well; the nearest place where the stones could be gotten from was too far away, and natives only used some primitive boats to travel that couldnt transport things so heavy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.