• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Golems in the Mist

Golems in the Mist [Altered]

This is one of my older maps, it's basically a melee map (a Blizzard map edited) with some custom stuff I added to make it nice and smooth

Features-Modifications:
-Smooth sliding camera
-Camera is higher so more of the map is visible for strategic reasons (also you can set the camera by typing -zoom [amount]
-No fog of war, but black mask is on
-Multiboard/table showing important info about the enemy and allies (hero level, hero powerlevel based on stats, resources, kills and deaths)
-Rank system (after you kill enough enemies your hero gains new ranks which result in some bonus abilities)
-1 Hero/Player
-Food cap is 100 for all humans and its allied Bots, but it's 200 for Player 1's enemy bots
-Enemy bots gain 4x faster EXP
-Max level is 1000
-Random level creep mob spawns every 30 second in the middle and attack a random player
-All creep mobs drop items even the newly spawned ones too (10% probability)
-Debug system (there is an item in every racial shop like Arcane vault,etc which will delete the excessive items from the ground to ease the lagg, so dont leave important items on the ground!)
-Gold mine has more gold
-Grass texture and some other custom stuff added
-There is a shop in the middle where you can buy tomes and stuff but it's expensive
also you can exchange gold into wood and vice versa there

203743-albums7840-picture92731.jpg

203743-albums7840-picture92730.jpg

Credits: me and my brother Lightlord24x and the original is by Blizzard

Map is deprotected, feel free to use it as you wish

Keywords:
golems,mist,altered melee,melee,rank,conquest,teamplay,building,base,AI,PvP
Contents

Golems in the Mist (Map)

Reviews
11:55, 22nd Dec 2014 Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Golems in the Mist [Altered] by Lightlord24x & Darklord24 REVIEW Golems in the Mist as stated in the description is a four player melee map created by blizzard, but it has been altered...

M

11:55, 22nd Dec 2014

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
by Lightlord24x & Darklord24
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Golems in the Mist as stated in the description is a four player melee map created by blizzard, but it has been altered significantly for this map to be considered to be altered melee. No new races are to be found in this map, but there is a list of features that players favoring a more strategic style of gameplay (fight for the middle) would find appealing, even if the heroes in this map would turn out to be stronger.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
The gameplay comes of easier to learn than other altered melee maps due to no major changes to the races as a whole.

The multi-board is also easy to learn. Thankfully, you can minimize it as it's much better than what players may expect. Units such as abominations, knights, mountain giants, and tauren costing less food is an odd choice sacrificing balance, but all of those units aren't extremely overpowered against another. What could be concerning is that Frost Wyrm's and Chimera's costing two food. That, I can call unfair to human and orc players. Having one hero isn't something we haven't seen before. It limits the strategy in more countering. Despite them to be able to level up to such high levels, it takes an army to fight for the middle to help heroes succeed along with resource control.

The AI functions the way it would in a melee map. I could still beat normal. Yes, it was tougher since it takes less time to gain EXP for AI players, but it wasn't too much of a challenge.

Overall, the layout of the map is balanced but frost wyrms and chimeras are things to look out for.
Visuals:
The map does actually look better with the custom grass texture. You could faintly see the square lines on the tiles, but this does not bother me at all. The doodad placement was average and the weather you set the map to actually doesn't look overdone.
Miscellaneous:
It would be nice to change your title of your map to have altered in it.
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 3/5 rating. A changelog and quest log aren't necessary, but I highly recommend you add them for informative purposes.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

[COLOR=white

Map Making Related

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

] How can I get my map approved? Learn here (MAP SUBMISSION RULES).
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

Forum Related[/COLOR]]How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

[/COLOR]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 32
Review... coming soon :)
Review.

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

by Lightlord24x & Darklord24
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Golems in the Mist as stated in the description is a four player melee map created by blizzard, but it has been altered significantly for this map to be considered to be altered melee. No new races are to be found in this map, but there is a list of features that players favoring a more strategic style of gameplay (fight for the middle) would find appealing, even if the heroes in this map would turn out to be stronger.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
The gameplay comes of easier to learn than other altered melee maps due to no major changes to the races as a whole.

The multi-board is also easy to learn. Thankfully, you can minimize it as it's much better than what players may expect. Units such as abominations, knights, mountain giants, and tauren costing less food is an odd choice sacrificing balance, but all of those units aren't extremely overpowered against another. What could be concerning is that Frost Wyrm's and Chimera's costing two food. That, I can call unfair to human and orc players. Having one hero isn't something we haven't seen before. It limits the strategy in more countering. Despite them to be able to level up to such high levels, it takes an army to fight for the middle to help heroes succeed along with resource control.

The AI functions the way it would in a melee map. I could still beat normal. Yes, it was tougher since it takes less time to gain EXP for AI players, but it wasn't too much of a challenge.

Overall, the layout of the map is balanced but frost wyrms and chimeras are things to look out for.
Visuals:
The map does actually look better with the custom grass texture. You could faintly see the square lines on the tiles, but this does not bother me at all. The doodad placement was average and the weather you set the map to actually doesn't look overdone.
Miscellaneous:
It would be nice to change your title of your map to have altered in it.
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 3/5 rating. A changelog and quest log aren't necessary, but I highly recommend you add them for informative purposes.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

Map Making Related

Forum Related

How can I get my map approved? Learn here (MAP SUBMISSION RULES).
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited: