• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gold Mine Crazy!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi everyone I am new to map making and saw that many maps didn't contain many fountain of health buildings. So I decided to make a map with 2 fountain of health buildings that you can try and gain for yourself and your heroes also units to heal. I've named the map "Gold Mine Crazy!" this is something new and unique. The list below is what is included in this map:

- 1v1 essentially because its not the biggest in size for more players then that.
- 7 gold mines (2 for the teams) 5 to go and take over for yourself, watch out there are hostile creeps protecting them.
- 16 different types of creeps. 69 in total ranging from level 1 to 10, The types of creeps that can be seen in this map are: Lightning Lizard, Murloc Plaguebearer, Misha (Bear), Forest Troll High Priest, Mud Golem, Gnoll Overseer, Gnoll Brute, Hydralisk, Fire (Panda), Alchemist (Morph), Red Dragon, Greater Dark Minion, Berserk Quilbeast, Raging Quilbeast, Spirit Hawk, Rock Golem, Forest Troll Warlord, Black Drake, Lava Spawn, normal Bear and Storm (Panda). If you read this and are confused why there are more than 16 types its because a few are of the same type, but named differently because of their style and moves also look.

I have also added a few shops such as: Mercenary Camp, Tavern and Goblin Laboratory.

A few screenshots have been provided to show you the overview of different parts of the map.

The fountain of health both of them are in the middle of the map so make your way there if you want to heal your units and level up from killing the few enemies that are protecting them.

Enjoy and leave feedback comments on how I can improve to make it more enjoyable and fun :)
Previews
Contents

Gold Mine Crazy! (Map)

Reviews
Championfighter25
Im suprised no one has reviewed your map or comented on your it,anyway here are a few suggestions and feedback: -If the red player choses to be human or orc his great hall/town hall spawns too far away from his gold mine and that makes it unfair since...
deepstrasz
Nah, this map is too random in design, from neutral hostile heroes of the same type to cluttered expansions where bases cannot be built to haphazard pathways. Not all heroes are present in the Tavern. Map needs to be saved to the latest melee patch...
Level 22
Im suprised no one has reviewed your map or comented on your it,anyway here are a few suggestions and feedback:
-If the red player choses to be human or orc his great hall/town hall spawns too far away from his gold mine and that makes it unfair since blue doesn't have that problem
-2 fountain of health to have are very good,but considering what's guarding them you may want to add a fountain of mana too to make it even more vital to control it
-the fire pandas that are guarding the fountain stand in place after they die and that makes it kind of awkward
-You may want to remove some trees that are near the gold mines to make it possible to build an expansion closer to them and add more trees in the beginnig bases
-You can make some gold mines have more well gold,especially those that are close to your starter base
I think for your first map this is pretty good!Keep it up!Also you may want to write to a real map reviewer to take a look at it and say more nitpicky things.Looking forward to the next version!:)
You get a 3/5 from me+rep!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Nah, this map is too random in design, from neutral hostile heroes of the same type to cluttered expansions where bases cannot be built to haphazard pathways.
Not all heroes are present in the Tavern. Map needs to be saved to the latest melee patch.
Indeed, red's start location is farther from the gold mine.

Set to Substandard.

===============================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!