• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

God(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Oh, another one... :pnewt:
People have different asspects about life and their belief. Some people will say there is, and some people will say there is no God(s). And we can't answer any of those questions, because nobody knows that. You don't prove that there is God, you just believe. Personally, I believe in God and that God is neither he or she... God is both, and none. It's strange, I know...
Just... just go do something else, this thread will turn into a spam hole anyway...

Level 45
I do not belief in the christian or any other form of current established religion's "god/s" or "God".
I believe in the God and gods inside me being my mind monsters and my demonic form/spirit/innerself.
(i dont think im using the correct term of god though, more like...small deities that are linked to my God)
My gods being mind monsters, creations and links to my inner God, those gods able to shatter into their own fragments and forms, being the "minor, lower, less important" forms of my God, more like animals made real out of a children's plush toy.

My inner God being Bestria my demon who shapeshifts and exists in a reality that she created, a reality that exists only with her existence and vice versa. omg paradox!, well i havnt really established that part well mind you. She speaks and exists through me, but in the core of things. She is me. Thus I am God.

She has the power to create new realities, new feelings, new sensations and forms of perception. She has the power to turn a rock into a giraffe or a child into a piece of meat. She is the one who creates my dreams.

But i havnt really established these beliefs well since i dont really speak or think about them alot. Normally im quiet happy to go along with life as a fairly normal person without thinking "im a damn demon! BLARG!!", mainly because im medicated and my thoughts and spiritual sensations are nulled down to the point im numb and my beliefs are a faint heartbeat compared to what they use to be.

So to talk about it in a less bizzare way, I am God. My existence creates everything for me, the smells, my perception and my thinking. Without being self aware, conscious and existent. Nothing exists. When i am though, everything springs to life, the ability to perceive and have perception is my power, and a gift given to me by my God.

As i said to Billy:
"When i dont exist, you dont dont exist either. When i am concious and aware, i have the ability and power to make you real and bring you to life due to my power of perception."

This feeling is unique to me. To me you could all be figments of my imagination, my own creations. Hell, i guess if one of you guys wanted to take my stance, i could be YOUR imagination too. But I dont think it can co-exist, since I feel my own power that makes me real to myself.

Level 30
Does a god or gods exsist? why? or why not?

Yes. There are various philosophical arguments and theses (from St.Anselm "quo nihil maius cogitari potest", cosmological argumentation, etc. to the cause of human morale) i could you annoy with but i'll stand up for in what i personally see the "existence" proven.

God revealed himself every now and then, and he's doing it in this very moment. I'm speaking of "he" due to grammatical issues, that's not applying to any gender at all.
In the belief, the existence of god is the fundamental issue you have to accept in order to prove it. Proving an existence like this which is not accepted by yourself is directly leading into the incorrect assumption, you could only prove him by already believing in his existence. There's actually a differenece between accepting and believing in it.
I believe that everyone can recognise him once you have managed the issue explained above.

And if so, why does 'they' or he care about us?
Does he care about us or do we care about him?
He's clearly dealing both directly and indirectly with the "care" you mentioned.
The care is the cause of the existence, the existence caused the care. It's the same issue i mentioned above, accept the care to recognise its cause.
Then you know why.

And is what form does he or 'they' exsist?

I will not answer this directly, but you may notice what i'd like to tell.

Let me define the existence.
You are asking for god's existence, that is called a question.
Since you are asking the question, the question exists.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

From my point of view, everyone are free to define their own God and gods. As long as it complies with the general idea of a deity. Personally, I do not believe in the existence of any deity, though I respect everyone for their view, and I find nothing wrong with deities in itself. I just don't desire to believe in one myself, I do not need a deity.

I do not belief in the christian or any other form of current established religion's "god/s" or "God".
I believe in the God and gods inside me being my mind monsters and my demonic form/spirit/innerself.
(i dont think im using the correct term of god though, more like...small deities that are linked to my God)
My gods being mind monsters, creations and links to my inner God, those gods able to shatter into their own fragments and forms, being the "minor, lower, less important" forms of my God, more like animals made real out of a children's plush toy.

My inner God being Bestria my demon who shapeshifts and exists in a reality that she created, a reality that exists only with her existence and vice versa. omg paradox!, well i havnt really established that part well mind you. She speaks and exists through me, but in the core of things. She is me. Thus I am God.

She has the power to create new realities, new feelings, new sensations and forms of perception. She has the power to turn a rock into a giraffe or a child into a piece of meat. She is the one who creates my dreams.

But i havnt really established these beliefs well since i dont really speak or think about them alot. Normally im quiet happy to go along with life as a fairly normal person without thinking "im a damn demon! BLARG!!", mainly because im medicated and my thoughts and spiritual sensations are nulled down to the point im numb and my beliefs are a faint heartbeat compared to what they use to be.

So to talk about it in a less bizzare way, I am God. My existence creates everything for me, the smells, my perception and my thinking. Without being self aware, conscious and existent. Nothing exists. When i am though, everything springs to life, the ability to perceive and have perception is my power, and a gift given to me by my God.

As i said to Billy:
"When i dont exist, you dont dont exist either. When i am concious and aware, i have the ability and power to make you real and bring you to life due to my power of perception."

This feeling is unique to me. To me you could all be figments of my imagination, my own creations. Hell, i guess if one of you guys wanted to take my stance, i could be YOUR imagination too. But I dont think it can co-exist, since I feel my own power that makes me real to myself.

Very interesting belief, a true religion is defined by the self, and this is a prime example of such. Behold the world from your own standpoint and conclude that this is who you are, this is your religion.

Level 19
I'm an Atheist and I kinda find the concept of a 'God' or 'Gods' problematic and silly.

Since there is technically no method to prove its existence nor is there any patterns which says so I simply can't make myself believe in such a being.

Until there are actual concrete proof which can be tested and witnessed I won't rethink my position and so far there has been no such.

Also, religion as in believing in a 'God' by definition is to believe without proof. If it had proof it wouldn't be called a belief nor a religion since it would be fact an fact doesn't need faith. There is a reason why it's called a religion. PS: If it was fact then it would be a part of science but it isn't.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm an Atheist and I kinda find the concept of a 'God' or 'Gods' problematic and silly.

Since there is technically no method to prove its existence nor is there any patterns which says so I simply can't make myself believe in such a being.

Until there are actual concrete proof which can be tested and witnessed I won't rethink my position and so far there has been no such.

Also, religion as in believing in a 'God' by definition is to believe without proof. If it had proof it wouldn't be called a belief nor a religion since it would be fact an fact doesn't need faith. There is a reason why it's called a religion. PS: If it was fact then it would be a part of science but it isn't.

Atheism is a religion.

Level 19
Atheism is a religion.
That's actually a huge misconception.

Atheist Experience said:
Q: Admit it, isn't atheism just another religion?

A: The website Dictionary.com gives the following definition of "religion."

a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, a principle, or an activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Clearly, definitions 1-3 do not apply to atheists since we reject the notions of supernatural powers and spiritual leaders. Definition 4 could possibly apply to atheists, but then, it could also apply to a bowling league or a Britney Spears fan club. The claim that atheism is a religion is generally made by Christians who have been religious all their lives and thus cannot conceive of anyone not having some kind of religion as an integral part of their lives.

It's instructive to point out that theism is not a religion either. Theism simply has to do with believing in a god, which one can very easily do without engaging in any sort of religious activity—to wit, the practice of worshipping that god. A person who believes a deity or higher power exists, but never in his life sees fit to go to a church or pray or partake in any kind of practice designed to worship or revere that deity, would be theistic, but not religious.

Atheism, which is about not believing in god(s), and theism, which is about believing in god(s), are philosophical or theological points of view, but they are not religions.

Or you could simply watch a youtube video but I recommend that you read the text above to not get offended by the video.

Level 18
Wikipedia describes Buddhism as an atheistic religion.
Otherwise it would have been non-religious.

Wikipedia can be wrong though. ^^;

If you don't believe in a God then you would be atheistic anyway.
It does not mean you can't have a belief.

Level 19
Wikipedia describes Buddhism as an atheistic religion.
Otherwise it would have been non-religious.

Wikipedia can be wrong though. ^^;

If you don't believe in a God then you would be atheistic anyway.
It does not mean you can't have a belief.

Well, that is actually correct. Being an Atheist does not imply that you can't believe in something except your lack of belief in a God. I can be an Atheist and still believe in unicorns but simply not God.

I can clearly understand that Buddhism is being considered as an Atheistic Religion. Might be worth researching. But still, Atheism in itself is not a religion.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

That's actually a huge misconception.

Or you could simply watch a youtube video but I recommend that you read the text above to not get offended by the video.

Religion evolves around how you view your life, and how you aim to behave. Atheism, theism, agnosticism .. they are religions. There is no human without a religion, granted he is not mindless. Christians defined religion at first, but the term has broadened thereafter. What is atheism, if not a religion?

Level 18
"A religion is a system of human thought which usually includes a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power, deity or deities, or ultimate truth."

If I got it right:
Religious - Believing in a higher power.
Theistic - Believing in the existence of a God.
Agnostic - The existence of a higher power can not be proven (you can be agnostic & atheistic or agnostic & theistic).
Atheistic - Not believing in a God.
Non-Religious - Not believing in a higher power.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 19
Religion evolves around how you view your life, and how you aim to behave. Atheism, theism, agnosticism .. they are religions. There is no human without a religion, granted he is not mindless. Christians defined religion at first, but the term has broadened thereafter. What is atheism, if not a religion?

Read what stood there again.

If I read your argument correctly it seemed like you were implying that Christianity defined religion as in created it first. That is incorrect. There were multiple religions before that. For example Hinduism which is a very popular religion.

Also, "how you aim to behave" has nothing to do with religion. If that was true then all animals also believe in some sort of religion.

Ethics, morals and rules do not come from religion and that is fact.
Atheist Experience said:
Q: How can anyone possibly be moral without believing in God?

A: Pretty much the same way that anyone else can be moral: by considering their actions, weighing the consequences, and deciding whether they are doing more harm than good to themselves and other people.

Despite what evangelists tell you, the threat of hell is not what stops most people from, say, going on a mass-murdering spree. Even if there was no hell, there are still bad consequences for bad behavior. Our society has laws that threaten criminals with fines, imprisonment and sometimes death. And even if those laws didn't exist, there would still be the threat of punishment from other sources. For instance, if you commit a murder, the victim's family and friends might come looking for revenge. Nobody likes to be taken advantage of. The justice system just makes the whole process a little more orderly, which is a good thing.

However, it seems like the threat of punishment and the promise of rewards is not really the only thing that keeps people from being bad. With or without religion, people don't like to be hurt, and they usually recognize that other people getting hurt is a similarly undesirable thing. Jesus didn't invent the principle of treating others the way you would like to be treated; it was around for centuries before. When people are in danger of being mistreated, they seek out protection through cooperation and relationships. Society is simply a much larger extension of those relationships.

With rare exceptions, people (atheists included) don't really have the urge or desire to run out and kill or steal or otherwise harm other people. And honestly, when people say "If it weren't for God holding me back, there would be nothing to stop me from being a criminal", we worry about them. If your grasp of right and wrong is so shaky that you can't stop yourself from doing bad things, and you need someone threatening you with eternal punishment to keep you in line, then we wonder how safe you really are to be near.

Further reading

Lets not get off-topic.

EDIT:
"A religion is a system of human thought which usually includes a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power, deity or deities, or ultimate truth."

If I got it right:
Religious - Believing in a higher power.
Theistic - Believing in the existence of a God.
Agnostic - The existence of a higher power can not be proven (you can be agnostic & atheistic or agnostic & theistic).
Atheistic - Not believing in a God.
Non-Religious - Not believing in a higher power.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That shouldn't be too far off. :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Read what stood there again.

If I read your argument correctly it seemed like you were implying that Christianity defined religion as in created it first. That is incorrect. There were multiple religions before that. For example Hinduism which is a very popular religion.

Also, "how you aim to behave" has nothing to do with religion. If that was true then all animals also believe in some sort of religion.

Ethics, morals and rules do not come from religion and that is fact.

Lets not get off-topic.

The Christians made the term religion. I am not claiming Christianity came first (actually, it's one of the latest).

How you live your life is your religion. Animals have religions. Religion is a lifestyle.

Level 19
The Christians made the term religion. I am not claiming Christianity came first (actually, it's one of the latest).
I haven't really conducted any resource in that field so I can't respond to it nor did I find any claims which stated so on Google. Link to an official site?

How you live your life is your religion. Animals have religions. Religion is a lifestyle.

Do not twist the meaning of a word to make yourself correct. According to what I know no animals have shown to believe in any religion and especially not creatures who live on instincts.

As for religion being a lifestyle that might be true for some but that is not the general definition of a religion. Check my earlier post for the definition of religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.