• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GOBLIN Survival v1.2aENG

Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
156685-albums7792-picture92026.png

A small goblin expedition tries to explore an old dwarven mine, that was abandoned long time ago. All dwarves, that had worked there, were mysteriously killed, but all their unique recepies and blueprints of inventions and gadgets are still there.

Goblins want these blueprints and are going to find and get them all. But it's not as simple as it seems. An ancient evil didn't leave the mine after killing all dwarves. It's waiting for beeing released once again.

And goblins are not the only ones, who want to clean the mine from it's gold and ancient secrets - Rich and cruel corporation, called "Big-Dig", doesn't want goblins to get out of the mine alive. Will any of goblins manage to survive all this madness? You tell me.
156685-albums7792-picture92030.png

• Save-load system, which helps you to save your goblin after death for further adventures. Your save-code will be automatically saved to your WarCraft3 folder. Your save-file will show you your level and items.

• Don't let your goblin die of hunger. There're many ways of finding food - eat rats, find mushrooms, rob enemies buy a fishing rod and get some fresh fish. Don't forget to cook all this in the forge. Some goblins can even fry a living enemy to make sme food of him.

• 8 unique goblin classes. Each one has it's own abilities, perks, but your team must have all of them to survive. Almost all of the spells are custom. Some of them have special combos. For example if a Medic throws an acid grenade to a healing gas - it will explode instead of just dealing some damage over time!

• Each class has its unique perks, that become available each 25 levels. Your perks will help you to survive longer. Some perks will increase rat meat you gain from those tiny batards, some will improve your fishing skills, some will increase your main stats, and some of them will help you to gain more exp per kills. It's your choise.

• Over 700 interesting items, and you'll be able to get them only when you find out how to craft them. Yes-yes, there're almost no recepies for crafting items. You just put 2,3, or even 5 different items and craft. Who knows what powerful artifact you may get?.. But don't worry, there're some ways to find out some recepies for crafting, but you'll have to finish some quests to find them.

• 66 different waves of enemies. Bosses, mini-bosses, each wave has it's unique armor and attack type and abillities. Each goblin has it's own attack type too, so your goblin will be good at killing one type of enemies, and weak at killing others. Some enemies can fly, some of them can hide, some of them will even steal your ore! Bosses can cast different spells, they can blink and are almost immune to stun!

• 18 iteresting quests. Each quest has a short story, that sometimes is necessary to read. You'll know who goblins really are, who's Shizzle the Big-Dig, how did they all ended up in the cave, and many other funny things.

• Feel the power of teamplay! NOONE can survive alone. Be a real team - and you'll get what you want. All of you. Share gold, items and food. Found a rat? Share it with your friend! Or don't. Be a real goblin - crazy and unstable! Take cover behind your strongest teammates. Be useful for your team. That is the key to the victory.

• Difficulty system, which chooses how hard will your game be. It counts your goblins' level and chooses the best way to get you killed. But you may make the game easier by inviting new players to the game (they should take 1 lvl goblins). And you also can increase the difficulty level by yourself.

• Lots of things to discover in this little cave - rats are hiding from you, enemies hide items from you in holes. Almost each wave the game respawns resources all over the map. But be careful - some resources, like ore, can fall right on your head and kill you!

• Lots of minor and basic systems that will help you to easily understand what you should do. You can kick other players with a vote. You can turn friendly fire on and off. You will be punished for killing an ally. You can roll dices to win loot from bosses (or you canturn this option off). The game was made for your fun and joy. So enjoy it, please!)))

The project Goblin Survival was complited a long time ago, but was made on Russian, and had already found thousands of fans. Now you'll be able to enjoy this game too!

Credits:

Makuza - pyromaniac goblin model
Oinkerwinkle - minor goblin models
WILL THE ALMIGHTY - most of the goblin models
Rizz_Boomer - medic model
Sunchips - Tamer model
donut3.5 - Angry Pops
WebSter, Wolverine, Sc, Ket, Dron, Cyxapuk - Dwarven decorations

If you like this project and you want to support it - write to me here, or to my Skype (Diazz0229).

Supported by map-making Guild: Goblin Workshop

The main forum of the project may be found HERE. Our web-site is HERE.

Keywords:
Goblin, Survival, ORPG, RPG, Cave, Dwarf, team, mine, ore, Kobold, coop, cooperative, cool, epic, best, hero, defence, hero defence
Contents

GOBLIN Survival v1.2aENG (Map)

Reviews
20:20, 11th Dec 2014 Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b GOBLIN Survival by Djazz0229 REVIEW Goblin Survival is a hero based hold out type of survival map. The terrain isn't at all lacking, and there are numerous features to separate this map from...

M

20:20, 11th Dec 2014

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
GOBLIN Survival
by Djazz0229
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Goblin Survival is a hero based hold out type of survival map. The terrain isn't at all lacking, and there are numerous features to separate this map from generic survival maps. Not to mention the extensive amount of interactive content like items and quests. See below for a more detailed explanation regarding the map's quality.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
Players must choose from different heroes to fulfill different roles in a team. As stated in the description, this map cannot be played fully without an ally (AI or online). It's best with a group of real players, especially with ones who have played this before so newbies could be carried to higher levels and know the tricks of survival. Surprisingly, the map is well known in Battle.net and fills very fast from my three experiences.

There simply is a lot more to do in this survival map than in others with a plethora of items, enemies, and quests to achieve. There will always be ways to stack up in order to surviving longer in specific hero roles than not just fighting (Such as crafting). The map isn't repetitive; only if a player wants to sit back and farm creeps.
Visuals:
The terrain and doodad placement account for the crowded atmosphere with thin walkways all around. It isn't a bad thing, as it suits well for the theme and gameplay of the map. You've captured the mine atmosphere quite well with a blend of natural and structural decorations throughout the entirety of the map.

Other things such as the custom goblin themed interface was simply amazing that it's almost distracting... in a good way! Many of the heroes have custom spells that are a tad bit to colorful, but that is no problem at all.
Miscellaneous:
I've spotted four non-gameplay harming texts in Russian. The quest title with a rifleman icon, the quest title with a stasis trap icon, some text when typing -save, some text when another player leaves.
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 5/5 rating.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

[COLOR=white

Map Making Related

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

] How can I get my map approved? Learn here.
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

Forum Related[/COLOR]]How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

[/COLOR]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 12
As always, screenshots, we need screenshots :). Not only do they show a lot of the mood, art style and graphics quality, you can also show gameplay or elements like the heroes/items/etc.

Level 6
As always, screenshots, we need screenshots :). Not only do they show a lot of the mood, art style and graphics quality, you can also show gameplay or elements like the heroes/items/etc.
I have some good pictures, but I don't know how to make them look more sexy)) I can present a good lvl40 hero in this map in exchange for some good screenshots and graphics))

Level 6
Cool. Good job making an english port :). It's nice.
This map is starting to get a bit more popular here.
There is a lot of content and recipes to figure out.
This game has high replayability.
It is hard for newbies though.

I do have a question, does the standard Forge that engineer build work for all recipes?
My 3 arachnid armors (+50 str)(+50 agi)(+50 int), are not combining to the +45 all stat armor.
Also my (arachnid head + helmet)(arachnid claw + glove)(arachnid leg + boots) are not combining to the Set.
Could you please give me a hint or tell me what I need to do to combine these because I've been troubled by this for a while and spent like entire days trying to figure it out :).

Last edited:
Level 2
You can combine boss parts only in Great Forge (dunno how it was translated to English), which appears after completing fifth quest.
Also Arachnid Set needs those three items + one custom arachnid armor.

Level 32
Hello, as stated in your description, the map cannot be tested alone. Since multiplayer map reviews take longer, I've come to notify you about this since I'm moving on to maps that can be evaluated with one player for now. Other than that, in 2-3 days I can test the map fully in multiplayer and hopefully approve it :thumbs_up:

About the no author and preview image, it's fine. Maps have been approved without them this year.

Level 6
All sets are combined in Great Forge. The map is protected for keeping players intetrted in it. Im in the army now so I have some problems with an internet, I can answer all the questions in Skype: Diazz0229. Or I' ll visit this page once a week.
P.S. the map can be be tested by one person. Bot the save-load won't work

Last edited:
Level 16
The map is protected for keeping players intetrted in it.
What? Did you mean Interested?

the map itself should keep them interested, protecting it shouldn't effect that either way. People protect maps cuase they feel people will steal their work. I look at trigger set up, how well they did their object editing, and I take a very closer look at the terrain detail in the map editor.

When I review a map I don't point those out, but I myself like to see the quality. If you seen a car and it sounded good, most people love to see the engine. If if you closed the hood and refused to show, then why bother taking the car out to show? people then loose interest imo since your secret about it.

Level 6
I think that all maps with save-load systems should be protected due to high ammount of cheaters. Opened version of the map will allow players to cheat with heroes and then load them in common game. Other players, who play and lvlup heroes without cheats, would be offended in this case. This map was made for having fun and wasting time, like all the normal games do. It was not made for teaching purposes or demonstration of skills. Players should see what they're allowed to see in game. And in case of the car - you'd like to see its engine only if you know something about it and you'd like to fix it or to upgade it. In our case you see a car that was made for riding, not for fixing or upgading it. Its more like a cake, not a car - you eat a cake and don't really bother how it was made. This cake was made for those who eat, not for those who cook. ;) But if you find anything interesting in the map I can always show this freely.

Level 6
Just wanted to say, this map is played a lot on BNet now. Good job!
This translation is getting popular, there is a community and clans for it.
I have tried getting past the protection and it's very well protected so nice!
It took me a very long time to get the jass file only, so I know the recipes but I haven't told anyone yet and it's still very complicated to decipher based on raw item codes, then I have to use extracted item list from the lesser protected version (russian version), then go through google translate, etc, lol.
Apparently: Rainbow Armor + Essence of Life = Rainbow Armor v2.0 (but normal forge doesn't work, and great forge doesn't work either, so there is another?)
So far, there are no hackers in the english goblin community so props for making a good rpg where players are all playing fair!

Level 6
The map is well protected indeed. But anyone who knows how to protect maps would know how to deprotect it. So one day there'll be cheaters. So we just ban them.

I've updated most credits I could find from my smartphone.

Level 6
Will this be approved? Or is there any more rules I've missed? And one more question for moderators - is there any way to create a little sub-forum for this project where I can create different threads and where players can learn more about the game? More and more plyers are asking me to do that.

Level 32
Diazz0229 said:
And one more question for moderators - is there any way to create a little sub-forum for this project where I can create different threads and where players can learn more about the game? More and more plyers are asking me to do that.
I've PM'd you the answer, but I've came to say that I think you might have a chance at project hosting due to how this large this survival map is. (Not map bound wise, but content wise).

Review.

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
GOBLIN Survival
by Djazz0229
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Goblin Survival is a hero based hold out type of survival map. The terrain isn't at all lacking, and there are numerous features to separate this map from generic survival maps. Not to mention the extensive amount of interactive content like items and quests. See below for a more detailed explanation regarding the map's quality.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
Players must choose from different heroes to fulfill different roles in a team. As stated in the description, this map cannot be played fully without an ally (AI or online). It's best with a group of real players, especially with ones who have played this before so newbies could be carried to higher levels and know the tricks of survival. Surprisingly, the map is well known in Battle.net and fills very fast from my three experiences.

There simply is a lot more to do in this survival map than in others with a plethora of items, enemies, and quests to achieve. There will always be ways to stack up in order to surviving longer in specific hero roles than not just fighting (Such as crafting). The map isn't repetitive; only if a player wants to sit back and farm creeps.
Visuals:
The terrain and doodad placement account for the crowded atmosphere with thin walkways all around. It isn't a bad thing, as it suits well for the theme and gameplay of the map. You've captured the mine atmosphere quite well with a blend of natural and structural decorations throughout the entirety of the map.

Other things such as the custom goblin themed interface was simply amazing that it's almost distracting... in a good way! Many of the heroes have custom spells that are a tad bit to colorful, but that is no problem at all.
Miscellaneous:
I've spotted four non-gameplay harming texts in Russian. The quest title with a rifleman icon, the quest title with a stasis trap icon, some text when typing -save, some text when another player leaves.
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 5/5 rating.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

Map Making Related

Forum Related

How can I get my map approved? Learn here.
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 4
No, I didn't hack it.. All I have is this camera hack. It allows me to type /camera (amount) to zoom the camera out.

Level 2
Something bugged out and currently mineable rocks don't spawn on map. Well to be honest something is wrong with their spawning. Ore Beacon still locates them and they show on minimap but the model is missed thus you can't target them to mine.

Also using Dirty Water doesn't empty the bottle but instead spawns an additional ones allowing for unlimited bottles cluttering the base.

Any chance for fixing it?

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi,
I have to say to that this is a great! But I'm wondering if you will fix the 1.3 in Reforged, because it's impossible to pick heroes after starting the game. Or are you putting all you efforts in the 1.4? Any news would be welcome : )

Level 2
Hello. All my efforts are on 1.4 RU for 1.26 patch, after all the fixes are made - we will recompile the map for the latest patch and reforged. Can't tell any dates, but I am working on it.

It's very good to have news from your side! Hope everything will go as planned for you and your map

Level 1
Hello Diazz0229,
I bring good and bad news, I'll start with the good. Randomly scrolling through the custom games i see your Goblin Survival Map and think that sounds super fun, so i join the lobby and I'm greeted by, what I later find out are two brothers hosting your game on the English version map. They're extremely helpful to me, a brand new player as well as the rest of the lobby of newbies. Teaching us the basic, helping us with armor gear and the early crafting. We've even gone as far as translating a lot of the Russian forums to figure out a tiny bit more about the game because we're having a lot of troubles. The bad news, we are having insane amounts of de-syncing happening so half. if not more players in the lobby are forced out at the start. Unsure if that was fixed in later patches or if its on blizzards end. Also, were playing on the 1.2aENG version and would love to play on a more updated English map as well, any news or plans for doing so? We are really enjoying the map a lot and want to find out everything we can and play the map to its limit. We're even considering starting a Discord group so we can get together easier and have higher load lobbies as well as continue to help out new players so potentially we can have more and more lobbies of the game going at once.

Hope all is well and hopefully you get back to me, I noticed you havent been on the forums for about a year but seems like you do check in from time to time. Thanks!