• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Exploration 3.56

The project is now being continued, I have taken over the development, and will not stop working until I no longer can. I have many ideas for this map, and plan to use a large majority of them.

Thanks to you fans, we've now gotten over 16,000 hits and over 4,000 downloads. THANK YOU!

Status update. The map has been taken over by myself, Midnighters. I will continue to work on this map until I leave for basic training next year. I am currently planning on redoing the terrain, adding new heroes, and a few new systems in 3.6. Good luck in your Kalimdorian adventures, Goblins!

v3.6 PROGRESS:
Minimap Image
Building item return fix
New hero
New systems
New Commands
Unit balancing

This is Goblin Exploration Squad, version 3.56. It was originally created by rulerofiron99, then turned over to Hero_Lief, but he gave me permission to take it over.

The goal of the game can be many things; it usually involves killing enemy heroes or surviving the wilderness as you constantly explore. As of 3.35, there is even a new Conquest mode which lets you do quests. Unfortunately, though it's running, it isn't complete yet, so it's short. Expect updates to it sometime!

For once, F9 isn't useless. Even pros use it. It contains building recipes, credits, the COMPLETE change log, item recipes, and a starting guide, so check it out!

Version 3.56 is live!

New major changes:
Tinker Claws --> Electric Claws
Alchemists and Brutes can now use electric claws.
Two new units added - Factory and Sky Labs.

New commands:
None.

Hero updates:
Some balancing.

Other updates:
Loading screen.

Bug fixes:
Sleeping bag recipe fixed.

In order to submit bugs, please post them as a comment if they're simple things, but if there's a bug that's hard to repeat, be sure to get a replay of you doing it, and then send the replay to [email protected].

According to current rules and guidelines, I must inform you that due to mappers stealing, editing, and then uploading modifications of this map that THIS MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
Goblin, Exploration, Squad, Survival, Fun, Alpha_12, Hero_Lief, Dracolon, Treadhead, Midnighters, Doom, Team, rulerofiron99
Contents

Goblin Exploration 3.56 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
let me join ges clan

can you please let me join ges clan a love the game and a play it more then 5 hours a day solo more then 2 multi bechus all leave<<:vw_wtf:

Level 12
We don't have a clan. We were going to but stuff didn't work out. Plus I hardly go on War3 anymore.

Yeah, people tend to leave. =\

Level 12
No, the War3 save system has always been broken when it comes to custom maps. Some work, some don't. Nobody can pinpoint the exact reason.

Level 12
It shouldn't be that way; otherwise someone can grind a character offline and just load them randomly online, and then kill everyone. That's not how survival games have ever been, or ever will be.

I should also note that saves should work in singleplayer.

Level 12
Lol tell ya what. I'm gunna play some StarCraft II tonight. If I lose a bunch, when I get home tomorrow I'll go on War3. We can play some GES for old time's sake.

Level 4
who do i talk to about bugs for i have a pretty big bug with the pick up corpse ability not working after i pick up one corpse

Level 4
Hey what exactly was hero_liefs position if im able to and with your permission i could help with his part while hes playing minecraft

Level 4
ok, sorry, and agreed.

oh also i just had an idea for a new hero: goblin warlord. he has a speaciall building he can make where you can hire various units i thought this cuz it gets annoying island hopping for items over and over to build one bot.

oh also one more thing whats the code for your sig midnighters its epic

Last edited:
Level 12
He is project leader, hence why I need to get it from him, as well, don't double post. Another thing, Minecraft sucks.

You're one lucky ass. I just fixed my Ubuntu install today after seven months of working. The unprotected w3x was sitting on the desktop. What do you plan to do? I'll PM you a DL link.

Two other things.

Don't diss Minecraft.

I wasn't ONLY playing Minecraft. I recently got pretty good at playing Zerg (Spanishiwa... mmm) so I've been doing lots of ranked SC2 lately.

Level 4
Hey i think i found out where that corpse pickup bug comes from. I belive it happens when killing a deer and having a second corpse come from no where so the ability registers the corpse from no where as unpick-up-able then it does the same for all other corpses.

Also ima still be dissing minecraft it bores me to death.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey i think i found out where that corpse pickup bug comes from. I belive it happens when killing a deer and having a second corpse come from no where so the ability registers the corpse from no where as unpick-up-able then it does the same for all other corpses.

Also ima still be dissing minecraft it bores me to death.

It actually spawns a second deer where the first one died, and immediately kills it. As far as I remember anyways.

Level 12
Except it works most of the time, which leads me to curiosity on what the problem is. Further investigation may be needed.

Level 4
well im going to keep playing the map and look for other possibilitys to test since this bug is always hindering my advancement to the desert.

Edit: Removed deer posibility. killed several deer and no bug occured.

Edit: Bug seems to happen with different heroes. found so far: Brute, builders, sapper.

Last edited:
Level 12
I guess, and with the drop command, why did you spread it into 6 triggers, when you could do everything in one?

Putting everything into one is what caused the selection bug. In fact, using any other method other than the one there causes the selection bug. Don't change it. Adjusting the timings makes some items not drop.

Level 12
Maybe it has something to do with the corpse cargo amount, which is an ability that changes for each hero. I'll look into it.

Level 4
i agree with Hero_Lief it does sound like the cargo amount

been looking into it some more and i found something wrong with the desert normally its suppose to drain you by x2 or x3 in deep desert but i went into the desert without suit and i noticed no extra drop in energy and health i think it might be a bug thought i outta tell ya :/

Last edited:
Level 4
i noticed that everytime i cook a corpse and carry the food with me the bug does not happen but when i dont cook it the bug happens i dont know what the deal is with it but it looks very interesting.

Level 1
The map is great but is it made not to be able to save or is that some bug.Me and my friends play the game but when we have to quit we cant continue hours of playing and then starting all over again.

Level 12
Yes, it's a bug, but isn't specific to the map. It's a major problem with custom scenarios in Warcraft, but it doesn't happen to all of them. If anyone has any conclusive evidence as to what causes maps to be unsavable, please do share.

Level 2
Glitches

I found 5 glitches in the map. I've had my fun with them so now i'll let u fix them.

#1 trade prince is unable to use electro claws, not really sure why, but i'm running version 3.56 just downloaded it today. might not be the version u fixed it in, unsure whether it was released or not, but i thought u had.

#2 If you put 2 or more meats in the cooking pot (2 for this example) and add 2 ashenvale shrubs you have one meat remaining with no number. This piece of meat will act like a basic meat but it will never be used up by eating (cooking it will destroy it). I tested the lekka meat and it dosen't work, so for some reason an extra meat is being created at the base of the stack.

#3 my personal favorite of all the glitches. If u make a few structural reinforcment kits (either rank will do) and then construct a cooking pot, while the cooking pot is constructing you may give it the reinforcment kits and it will spawn either 2 or 4 health tomes aroung the cooking pot that your hero or robots can pick up. Nothing strikes fear into your enemies like a 5k hp shredder. The reason i found this glitch is that the cooking pot has an inventory while it is still constructin rather than gaining one after completion. As for a fix the simplest method i could think of is removing the inventory of the cooking pots and adding a trigger that gives it an inventoy after completing construction. Please note that i have never tested this with other buildings, but for most the inventory only appears after completion.

#4 (on trade prince) This one you may have heard before but for some reason my drop command will often leave the first item in my inventory there. It mainly occurs when i have only 1-4 items. And i think it started after i moved after typing the drop command which left me with only my first item, but i could be wrong.

#5 this is a really old one i remembered, but figured i might as well add on incase it has been overlooked. On objective mode after killing the purple saytar the trigger turns on itself rather than the next trigger for the furbolgs. (Found this one when i was looking at an unprotected version from a long time ago so it may have been fixed, and no i didn't host any of my changed versions those were just for me to practice using map editor.)

As for improvments for the game (yes i know that production has stopped, but if anyone such as midnighters starts it again i'd like something new to happen) i would say an ice island would be an interesting alternative to the desert for extreme enviornments. Additionally adding a random event system that causes one or two random events to happen at the start would make each game a little more different. Thio would be a simple hashtable that could be added to run at the start. These could be something like spawning new units (Ex. sharks in the water, making the currents units stronger (some random upgrade to them all), or make something unique like a giant whirlpool that sucks carless sailor in and either kills them or makes their boat re-emerge at a random spot.

Last edited:
Level 12
I think I disabled adventure mode, so #5 doesn't apply... Probably fixed that bug before doing so, though.

TBH, I don't forsee myself continuing production of this, at least in War3. Maybe I could develop something like it for StarCraft II like I planned originally, but it's still all in theory.