• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Exploration 3.56

The project is now being continued, I have taken over the development, and will not stop working until I no longer can. I have many ideas for this map, and plan to use a large majority of them.

Thanks to you fans, we've now gotten over 16,000 hits and over 4,000 downloads. THANK YOU!

Status update. The map has been taken over by myself, Midnighters. I will continue to work on this map until I leave for basic training next year. I am currently planning on redoing the terrain, adding new heroes, and a few new systems in 3.6. Good luck in your Kalimdorian adventures, Goblins!

v3.6 PROGRESS:
Minimap Image
Building item return fix
New hero
New systems
New Commands
Unit balancing

This is Goblin Exploration Squad, version 3.56. It was originally created by rulerofiron99, then turned over to Hero_Lief, but he gave me permission to take it over.

The goal of the game can be many things; it usually involves killing enemy heroes or surviving the wilderness as you constantly explore. As of 3.35, there is even a new Conquest mode which lets you do quests. Unfortunately, though it's running, it isn't complete yet, so it's short. Expect updates to it sometime!

For once, F9 isn't useless. Even pros use it. It contains building recipes, credits, the COMPLETE change log, item recipes, and a starting guide, so check it out!

Version 3.56 is live!

New major changes:
Tinker Claws --> Electric Claws
Alchemists and Brutes can now use electric claws.
Two new units added - Factory and Sky Labs.

New commands:
None.

Hero updates:
Some balancing.

Other updates:
Loading screen.

Bug fixes:
Sleeping bag recipe fixed.

In order to submit bugs, please post them as a comment if they're simple things, but if there's a bug that's hard to repeat, be sure to get a replay of you doing it, and then send the replay to [email protected].

According to current rules and guidelines, I must inform you that due to mappers stealing, editing, and then uploading modifications of this map that THIS MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
Goblin, Exploration, Squad, Survival, Fun, Alpha_12, Hero_Lief, Dracolon, Treadhead, Midnighters, Doom, Team, rulerofiron99
Contents

Goblin Exploration 3.56 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Approved
Level 12
Perhaps. But I'm currently working on another project. I'm going on vacation in a week and I promise by then that there WILL be a new version, but it probably won't have the building thing fixed.

Level 12
We are very well aware that versions 3.36+ of Goblin Exploration Squad do not work with the newest patch, patch 1.24. We are working slowly (It's HAAAARD to fix) to get it back online, please bear with us.

Level 12
I do believe 3.35 still works. It's a suitable version, not too buggy. But don't use the -drop command, it was still bugged in 3.35.

EDIT: Ahh. Okay, 11,981 compile errors stop me from fixing it in 1.24. 1.24b was just released which should limit that to about 100. So I'll check it out now, but for now keep playing on 3.35.

Last edited:
Level 5
"I am very well aware that versions 3.36+ of Goblin Exploration Squad do not work with the newest patch, patch 1.24. And personally, I am not going to fix it. I don't believe that Blizzard can do something like that and expect to get away with it. I'm not going to fix it, and if you want to play, you'll have to deal until Blizzard starts thinking straight. I'm sorry, but if you want to fix all 11,981 compile errors, I'd actually happily give the map to you."

I'll take up that challenge.

Level 12
Right. Just warning you... Well, the 11,981 errors was boosted to 12,269 errors when 1.24b came out. Stupid subpatches. D:

PMing you the file.

Level 12
Alright. I would just like to inform everyone that Goblin Exploration is on a bit of a hold. This coming weekend, I've not only got nothing to do but it's a three-day weekend, and I do plan on working on Goblin Exploration. I've found out I can fix it quite simply; We had a COUPLE of GUI triggers that say "Script: blahblahblah" and I need to fix the script part to make it 1.24-compatible. The LONG LINE of script errors all originate from GUI depending on that corrupt raw script; fix that and it fixes everything, relative to killing the Overmind almost kills off the Zerg.

And speaking of StarCraft.

I would like to inform everyone that WE DO HAVE PLANS TO BRING THE DOOM TEAM TO STARCRAFT 2. I'm working on getting myself a BETA key as to have early access to the Galaxy Editor, which will allow me to get a map on there the first day of StarCraft 2's public release.

I intend FULLY to bring Goblin Exploration to Starcraft 2. However, it's a bit... Different than here. I'll drop hints every now and then.

I do expect to have a patch worked on this coming weekend. And as for this patch... This is a playerpatch. That means that all the new features, minus bug fixes, are player-requested. I've reread and rereread your posts here and have made a checklist of what I intend to include. You'll all just have to wait and see.

Level 1
I tried making a tinker tank after everyone left in my game, and for some reason when I placed it all in the Forge, it didn't craft. Is there something I messed up? I double checked all the materials also.

Level 12
And, as a special treat, I'm working constantly all day today to give you all a little file. I decided that since we're starting a new year, we might as well start a new version.

Level 15
2 more glitches found in 3.35 (maybe not 3.55) Clockwerk Goblin 3 recipe only makes a Clockwerk Goblin 2, and Clockwerk Goblin 4 is unmakable due to Electro Claws.

Edit: Fixed, Hero got them :p

Last edited:
Level 12
Yeah, I planned on releasing this yesterday but I'm gunna fix some bugs and add some new things, so it should be out today. BlargHonk and I were testing all night last night!

Level 12
Yes... Well... Before this goes live... I need a couple testers! And I need to test SOON (i'm bored as hell)

Level 12
About halfway inbetween, D and Monkey (BlargHonk) got pissed at each other and started an international war... I massed shredders on D's side and we wtfpwnt Blarg.

Level 12
Yes, it's finished, and it's Rulerofiron99, by the way.

Please, do report bugs. I'll be working on 3.6 next weekend, and while I do I'd love to fix up some bugs! Here's one I KNOW exists:
Tinker cannot pile-build a Mechanoscout.

Post any more here!

Level 12
Awesome, thanks for the long-waited approval, ap0calypse!

EDIT: Also, people, please tell me if any models have messed up unit portraits (The animated head to the left of their stats that appears when a unit is selected). I went to work to edit the models and fix them (add new cameras). I did so for the War Zeppelin, Mechanoscout, and Caravan so far. Please tell me if there are any others.

Level 12
Which building bug? Having it not build when you're too close to a ledge?

If so, I JUST figured out a way when typing this for the game to detect if the building was built, and if it wasn't, then you get your items back. And it was blatantly obvious.
Events:
A unit finishes casting a spell
Conditions:
(spell being cast) equal to Build
Actions:
Run <buildingcount>
Do item removal and building spawn [haha I will not tell you how I build]
Run <buildingcount2>
If <buildingcount2> is greater than <buildingcount>
Then spawn [items] at udg_tempPoint3
Else do nothing

EDIT!
Hey guys, we've got a new member joining the team soon. First person to guess the username of said person gets to join our official testers for 3.6 and beyond!

Last edited: