1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Goblin Exploration 3.56

Submitted by Midnighters
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The project is now being continued, I have taken over the development, and will not stop working until I no longer can. I have many ideas for this map, and plan to use a large majority of them.

Thanks to you fans, we've now gotten over 16,000 hits and over 4,000 downloads. THANK YOU!

Status update. The map has been taken over by myself, Midnighters. I will continue to work on this map until I leave for basic training next year. I am currently planning on redoing the terrain, adding new heroes, and a few new systems in 3.6. Good luck in your Kalimdorian adventures, Goblins!

v3.6 PROGRESS:
Minimap Image
Building item return fix
New hero
New systems
New Commands
Unit balancing

This is Goblin Exploration Squad, version 3.56. It was originally created by rulerofiron99, then turned over to Hero_Lief, but he gave me permission to take it over.

The goal of the game can be many things; it usually involves killing enemy heroes or surviving the wilderness as you constantly explore. As of 3.35, there is even a new Conquest mode which lets you do quests. Unfortunately, though it's running, it isn't complete yet, so it's short. Expect updates to it sometime!

For once, F9 isn't useless. Even pros use it. It contains building recipes, credits, the COMPLETE change log, item recipes, and a starting guide, so check it out!

Version 3.56 is live!

New major changes:
Tinker Claws --> Electric Claws
Alchemists and Brutes can now use electric claws.
Two new units added - Factory and Sky Labs.

New commands:
None.

Hero updates:
Some balancing.

Other updates:
Loading screen.

Bug fixes:
Sleeping bag recipe fixed.

In order to submit bugs, please post them as a comment if they're simple things, but if there's a bug that's hard to repeat, be sure to get a replay of you doing it, and then send the replay to Midnighters@live.com.

According to current rules and guidelines, I must inform you that due to mappers stealing, editing, and then uploading modifications of this map that THIS MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
Goblin, Exploration, Squad, Survival, Fun, Alpha_12, Hero_Lief, Dracolon, Treadhead, Midnighters, Doom, Team, rulerofiron99
Contents

Goblin Exploration 3.56 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Approved
  1. ap0calypse: Approved

2. Calvinus

Calvinus

Resources:
    Resources:
    good map but before i dl this version is building bug fixed and can you test/play it in singleplayer?

3. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can play it in single player, just put blue as a computer. Difficulty doesn't matter; it won't spawn.
    Bounty Hunter, let me get that screenshot to you.

Version 3.4 is now live!

Edit:

3.45 was fixed, it's now 3.46. Download away.

Still a bit buggy, but we've figured out the problem and will have it fixed along with new terrain changes and MAYBE a new hero by 3.5; due next Monday (5/11/09).

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  4. Ultimate_MapCreator

Ultimate_MapCreator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice minimap image! I really like it!

5. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not only minimap is the thing that matters.

6. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nice map always liked it.
    You did some strange changes, but its still good.
    You fixed some bugs I see.
    5/5 cuz I really love this game.

7. visitorxyz

visitorxyz

Resources:
    Resources:
    A bug I found

The sleep ability on the unit "caravan" is not working probably on the goblin.
    Anyway I am happy to know that someone is still developing this wonderful map.
    This map is fun to play, 5/5 is a must. It will surely become more popular if more original ideas add into game. The second best map I have ever played beside "Real life" by Moron RPG map. If anyone is new to this map I highly recommend them to try it out.

8. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    The caravan's sleep ability is to be fixed in 3.5. In fact, it already is. I'm releasing 3.5 as we speak.

EDIT: Some problems were found with the new hero's special abilities. We're fixing them, no worries.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  9. Calvinus

Calvinus

Resources:
    Resources:
    will there be changes in the dessert cause right now its not comparable to the other places who seem to be made with more details also it would be nice if there would be something (like items) that can only be found once and you have to decide wich direction you want your tribe to go like build with it a special weapon or build some research stuff maybe some neutral troll tribe where you can trade stuff or so idk

10. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    The version 3.46 has a place where you can trade. As for the teching aspects, perhaps.

EDIT: Okay, we're having trouble with the new hero, but we've figured it out. Unfortunately, the work to fix it takes A LOT of time. Expect it by Friday at the earliest.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  11. -XE3_OD_UA-

-XE3_OD_UA-

Resources:
    Resources:
    What can it be ?
    im trying to create the map and it say that "Cant find the game" ?

12. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You should make a test mode(its were people can get resources by tiping a chat message and stuff like that)

13. NeCrO_OwNeR

NeCrO_OwNeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wtf i cant hsot the map ether -_-

14. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahh. I think I may know the problem. I'll fix it. It's a problem in the map optimization stage which locks it in the editor. I believe I may have checked off something which may block it in the game as well. ONE MOMENT. I'LL HAVE IT FIXED IN NO MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES!

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  15. visitorxyz

visitorxyz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't load the save of this game! The computer said the file is crashed. Is this game not support the wc3 save function. Then how can I save the progress?

16. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's not the game, I don't believe. Sometimes warcraft 3 has these bugs. It's just a problem in Warcraft, not my scenario.

17. activewear

activewear

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can add one command for locate quest

18. Dusanak

Dusanak

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think this map is cool 5/5. But some bad diacritic. Mithryl etc.

19. ShadownXP

ShadownXP

Resources:
    Resources:
    i don't like the construction style, i like more the troll tribes style, building inside the inventory