• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Exploration 3.56

The project is now being continued, I have taken over the development, and will not stop working until I no longer can. I have many ideas for this map, and plan to use a large majority of them.

Thanks to you fans, we've now gotten over 16,000 hits and over 4,000 downloads. THANK YOU!

Status update. The map has been taken over by myself, Midnighters. I will continue to work on this map until I leave for basic training next year. I am currently planning on redoing the terrain, adding new heroes, and a few new systems in 3.6. Good luck in your Kalimdorian adventures, Goblins!

v3.6 PROGRESS:
Minimap Image
Building item return fix
New hero
New systems
New Commands
Unit balancing

This is Goblin Exploration Squad, version 3.56. It was originally created by rulerofiron99, then turned over to Hero_Lief, but he gave me permission to take it over.

The goal of the game can be many things; it usually involves killing enemy heroes or surviving the wilderness as you constantly explore. As of 3.35, there is even a new Conquest mode which lets you do quests. Unfortunately, though it's running, it isn't complete yet, so it's short. Expect updates to it sometime!

For once, F9 isn't useless. Even pros use it. It contains building recipes, credits, the COMPLETE change log, item recipes, and a starting guide, so check it out!

Version 3.56 is live!

New major changes:
Tinker Claws --> Electric Claws
Alchemists and Brutes can now use electric claws.
Two new units added - Factory and Sky Labs.

New commands:
None.

Hero updates:
Some balancing.

Other updates:
Loading screen.

Bug fixes:
Sleeping bag recipe fixed.

In order to submit bugs, please post them as a comment if they're simple things, but if there's a bug that's hard to repeat, be sure to get a replay of you doing it, and then send the replay to [email protected].

According to current rules and guidelines, I must inform you that due to mappers stealing, editing, and then uploading modifications of this map that THIS MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
Goblin, Exploration, Squad, Survival, Fun, Alpha_12, Hero_Lief, Dracolon, Treadhead, Midnighters, Doom, Team, rulerofiron99
Contents

Goblin Exploration 3.56 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Approved
Level 12
Cargo sizes will most likely be rearranged to better balance, as that's a main focus of 3.6.

I'm thinking caravan hold set to 3 and size of 4, and zeppelins and ships have at least 4 hold.

Level 12
Well, recently I've been talking with our newest team member, and the original developer, Rulerofiron99. He and I are deciding some things to remove, really. He'll do changes for now, until I get back from vacation on the 20th. Original plans involved included bringing the game back to its original path, but I think right now all we're gunna do is balance some things, remove OP things (No, not the pyro... In fact, we're going to nerf him slightly, but mainly buff the other heroes), merge the Worker and Builders, and add a couple of easier and customizable, but overall more powerful systems, especially host command-wise, and mode-wise. When I say powerful-wise, I don't intend the host as being a god. I mean, non-buggy, useful, heavily needed things, which will alter gameplay, but not in any one person's favor.

Level 12
Hello all. I'm here to say that we're officially getting a GES clan back together. The clan will be named TDT, and all team members on USEast will have shaman status. I'm planning to get 10 people together to start the clan on Thursday. Please tell me if you'd like to join.

Level 12
Thursday is the last day I can do it.
Rulerofiron and I got on Skype today and talked about a bunch of things, namely a new GES...

Level 12
Erdniz, it's easy to switch to a different realm. Just open Wc3, and click on the little magnifying glass next to the Battle.Net button.

Level 12
As many as we can get. Usually, that's ten, but only three or four of those actually stay for more than 20 minutes. Our games can take from 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending on who's in them, and what we're doing.

Level 6
Aha, got any tips about who i should be, i like the chainsaw dude but is he a good choice?

Level 12
Well, it depends. If you're doing base building, I always go Tinker, but Alpha likes the Trade Prince. If someone is making a base, and they already have a guard but need someone to help them get supplies, go Alchemist. If you want to be a super solo no-base merc badass, go Pyro. Chainsaw can also sub with Alchemist, but Chainsaw helps make bases faster because he clears so many trees, while the Alchemist keeps it sustained with converted materials.

Level 6
Aha so it depends on what i want to do and what my team mates chose?

I have not seen many open places that are suitable for base building without having to travel a long distance and kill lots of monsters (all except the place you start) how is that problem solved?

Last edited:
Level 15
Heyyyyy, Pyro can base too.

I usually get a blacksmith and shipyard up, make a dozen frigates, and go Viking on their asses, Juggertrouts aren't that good, larger splash and range, but projectile speed sucks, isn't worth the cost.

Level 12
If you want to find another female goblin, go ahead.
No, actually, the model was scratch-made, it's the Succubus animations that were used.

Level 2
its the best survival game i ever played nice models and nice survival and most i like is how you build

Level 1
hero_lief am a fan of your game a like the sorts of games but they usualy bors me out when a haw geekt them but this game doesent i tried too join your clan but a coudent join the channel if its noo probe can you help me ( and your map is realy god a only think some peapol doesent know how too balance out the thing with the heroes and doesent give it a chanse a haw bin woundering un doing a goblin / map on goblin expo there you learn the basics and stuff like a goblin expo toutorial map thats all and you get 100 % from me on how god the game is!!!

Level 1
am playing starcraft 2 too so if the goblin expo game will be on st2 too if its like the old one woud a gladly know if its out too play^^

Level 1
a came acros a bug or it isent realy a bug its a more like wiew bug you cant pick upp some items when they lay near buildings if yiu dont wiewe them right soo a only wanted too tel you guys so you know it :fp:

Level 1
an a haw one more thing too say one of the things that a dont think fit into the game style is the trade post you buys stuff from it with monny but the thing with the game is that you can buy mitril bars and stuff that is importent but the fun with the game is too find the stuff for your self and if you think it is bechus noobs cant find the stuff make a toutroial map for them soo they know or something bechus its a survival map and with that means that you need to find your own things too survive and it takes alitel bit of the youye of building a deep mine a woud think of a more good thing too do so you can build murchent stuff in the trading post for the peapol that like too build and seek ass it should be thats all folks haw a good day^^:fp::smile::fp:

Level 12
Okay, thanks for telling me you like the map, but seriously, even so... This rule still applies.

Please, be considerate to others in the future, and instead of QUADRUPLE posting, use the
edit.gif
button.

Anyways, I may consider making a tutorial that players can trigger and advance through. It would take a lot of work to script it all, though.

Level 1
for the first thanks for hearing me out secund am not a hamster 3 a want too join the clan soo plz say how a coud do its plz?
hmmm did a do right this time?

Last edited:
Level 12
Wow, can't believe I didn't actually answer the question directly.

No, the clan hasn't really been formed yet. I'm not sure what our future is; we'll probably post some more info once ruler and I get everything worked out.

Level 1
thanks

Wow, can't believe I didn't actually answer the question directly.

No, the clan hasn't really been formed yet. I'm not sure what our future is; we'll probably post some more info once ruler and I get everything worked out.
thanks for the intail coud you plz say when you haw done one and a gladly help you in being there and forming the clan if its possibol for you too consider it

Level 1
-kill/-revive command are to abusable.
i saw someone play as red with a fighter using -kill to kill a few people then -revive to revive them at start place where he could kill them for faster xp. he got to lvl 25 in about 15 minutes and then started killing everybody. most of them quickly left, so there where only 4 people left. we kept trying to use -vote but it didn't work. could you find some way to fix this?

Level 12
Aye, whenever my addiction to StarCraft II is cured, I'll get some screenshots up. As for your problem, teun, we're looking into removing the -kill and -revive commands.

Last edited:
Level 12
I just did that, but it wasn't the combos that got me. Strangely, because I expected they would. Nay, it was the fact that I adapted too much to the fluidity of the StarCraft II engine. War3 seemed extremely... Crusty. Don't have any other word to describe it.