• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gmax bone thing help pls >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi can someone pls help me >.<

I'm using Gmax and I'm reading Magos Tutorial here's the link:

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php

and I got STUCK whit the Creating Bones T_T....when I place the first bone which is the body and of course its floating..and I cant straighten it (sorry hard to explain) can someone pls help me with these I'm a newbie in making models so pls help me with these thing >.<

If ever it is just REALLY HARD for newbies like me....can someone just give me a bone structure of a man xD so that I'm just going to load it ^_^V,,

BUT PLEASE it will be more appreciated if you will teach me how to create bones if give me a tutorial video pls im begging you T_T

Level 2
Well...if you had used "Blender".There are many tutorials on youtube.com and making bones for an object is called "rigging"!.

Level 6
go to "primitives" and go to the "bones and lights" tab, then what i usually do is place a bone and right click, then delete the first made bone.

I'm not quite sure how to add parent bones in gmax, i usually do it in magos model editor.

so you mean i can also create bones in magos model editor?

Level 6
@_@ this is HARD..xD cant understand a thing!!

(its my first map actually) wahhhh! :cry: is there a tutorial that explain the meaning of the terms or something? btw, ill try finding it in the tutorials :smile:

Level 6
I read in some forum that it doesn't work in making models for warcraft but still i have'nt use it (yet) ^__^ V,,

they also say that its a waste of time downloading it

Level 2
Haha those who speak something like that havent used Blender ever....
Blender is the most used 3d program and its free,it has the most tutorials on youtube they learn about Blender even in Universities heres a tutorial uploaded by a teacher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvVMYwYc6w&feature=related ,its the most simple model making program because it has many shortcut keys that makes modeling easy,I actually prefer Blender to 3ds max and I have 3ds max too.
Blender had exporter for warcraft too "warblender" but its outdated now because Blender keeped updating and warblender stayed still.
Heres a tutorial just for you its 54 minutes long everything about rigging (making bones) on Blender http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTeHY_2Z0_4

Level 2
But no, it doesn't work for warcraft.

You can chain exports, exporting it to .ms3d or .obj or w/e then converting it with a secondary program, but don't expect sterling results.

what are you talking about?
I made my model with blender and it showed up good in war3 model editor but after I saved it into mdx/mdl and tryed to open the same file later error came up (go to the last posts http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-editing-tools-277/war3-model-editor-error-167488/ )
I did the textures too but in war3 model editor (magos editor) textures did not show up good so Im thinking maybe exporter or converter did not save the UV coordinates,I would like to solve this.Animations may not be saved too,well you need to be careful with the options when you export or the possibilities of the converter.
I just tought about this now,because you can have more versions of blender at once and open them I think,I read somewere that warblender will work with an older version of blender so if you can get an older version,I dont know how much older,please try this out.Im thinking on making everything with the newest version than opening the saved file with an older version and use "warblender" to export it to .mdx/.mdl.

Level 24
Warblender was never finished, and you have to use a very out-dated version to use it at all. You can make some minor modifications to the code to restore partial functionality too 2.49b, but it is only partial at best. Not good enough to produce useable models.

Level 6
Waaah what!?!?!?!!?

what are you talking about?
I made my model with blender and it showed up good in war3 model editor but after I saved it into mdx/mdl and tryed to open the same file later error came up (go to the last posts http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-editing-tools-277/war3-model-editor-error-167488/ )
I did the textures too but in war3 model editor (magos editor) textures did not show up good so Im thinking maybe exporter or converter did not save the UV coordinates,I would like to solve this.Animations may not be saved too,well you need to be careful with the options when you export or the possibilities of the converter.

so you mean all the hardwork ill will do with the animations of the model will not be saved???? :eekani:

Level 2
so you mean all the hardwork ill will do with the animations of the model will not be saved???? :eekani:

I'v given up on making models for warcraft its just too many errors and Im not intending to learn modeling with gmax or 3ds max,I stay with Blender and I have decided to return to making "mods" for Fallout 3.
If you want to make mods for Fallout 3,ask me,I know much more about that.
For Fallout 3 its not just making the weapon you need to make it playable in game too.Fallout 3 is a rpg game,they are actually suporting the mod makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.