• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is there a converter for warcraft files to blender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hey someone have just influenced me to use blender :D since it looks more easier to use than gmax ^_^

so I'm currently looking (asking) for some converter for warcraft models to blender files 'coz im thinking if there is a converter so I'm asking you :D

If you happen to see one..pls tell me where you found it :p

And one more THING!!!!! is there still a yobgul's converter coz i really need it pls
pls
pls T_T

Level 2
yeah that looks fine but there is one more thing! can you help me find a converter for .3ds to blender

There is no need for converter because when you have imported a .3ds file into Blender,you can save the model/mesh with Blender and the model/mesh will be .blend or you can export it as .3ds or other file formats.

Level 6
ok ok i understand now but

theres a bit problem with converter you gave me lightjudge..

IT DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK O_O

can you pls help me find another one :)

Level 6
pls :cry: pls :cry: pls :cry: pls :cry: pls :cry: pls :cry: pls :cry: pls :cry: pls :

so......... then teach me how you make models using blender pls pls pls pls pls :cry:

Last edited:
Level 2
so......... then teach me how you make models using blender pls pls pls pls pls :cry:

I suggest you should first follow these lessons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvVMYwYc6w

In "related videos" window you will find the next lesson
Actualy if you are diligent you could look at all his videos that are about Blender,they are all useful but first watch the lessons cause they are the basics of Blender!

Level 6
I did that already! xD

I suggest you should first follow these lessons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvVMYwYc6w

In "related videos" window you will find the next lesson
Actualy if you are diligent you could look at all his videos that are about Blender,they are all useful but first watch the lessons cause they are the basics of Blender!

I did that already! xD
I followed all the lessons until lesson 8
the things is its not SO related to warcraft modelling and the warblender thing is not working and also when im trying to open gmax files to blender ITS NOT WORKING!! T_T :cry: idont get it at all

Level 2
now if you have followed the lessons carefully now try to model a sniper with this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLkEkl3NbZM&feature=related
use this as your background image http://art.ngfiles.com/images/34/fallensoul289_barrett-50-cal.gif

With Blender you can make you're own game if you are skilled enough!

Well if Blender is not suited for Warcraft you can try making mods for Fallout 3 in the mean time,while they make Blender more easyer to use for warcraft.That will put you to the next level because for Fallout 3 you will need to make high quality models,thats because this game is a RPG type.Then when you have mastered that it will be much easyer to model for warcraft actually then you will be one of the best.

You can sell your models too!!

If you get skilled enough you may help me with my project (mod) for Fallout 3.

Level 2
i'm doing like this:
downloaded the trial of milkshape
imported my warcraft model
saved it
imported the ms3d file in blender....

done!

Level 1
Well , actually i have been working on blender for a long time but what i got is that u can import many types of files into blender like vrml , WRL etc but since .blend is the native workable file type so you will experience porting errors if you try on any other format , so you may go ahead and try out and it may even work but may not satisfy you and blender is only as much easy as any other 3d software but you need to learn it. so gud luk:)

Status
Not open for further replies.