1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Global Warming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Disasterpiece512, May 13, 2010.

1. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    The fact that the skies dump snow on us in midsummer.

2. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Eh, midsummer is pulling strings, I mean.. 20th of March is midspring (Vårjevndøgn). You'll have to wait another month 'till midsummer, 21st of July. Though there was a year we got snow in June or July, in the south that is.. obviously you never know what happens in the north. In the end it just shows that weather indeed fluctuates, and that looking at a few select years and comparing them brings you nowhere nearer proof of Global Warming caused by humans or not.

3. FreshMobster

FreshMobster

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCl2vDFbtho

4. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    I couldn't possibly care less.

5. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Eh, I don't know the validity of Global warming but I often see it used as a scape goat for things like gas companies and combustion fuels in general - it's easy for them to say Global warming is just a theory and make everyone forget about all the other crap caused by CO2 emissions like acid rain and air pollution.

I just know its FACKING HOT, here in the middle of Spring, much hotter then it should be around this time of the year

6. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well maybe it is myth maybe not but few days ago one small city, in my country, hit FUUUU tornado, btw chance for something like that here is 1:100000... -.^???

7. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    but it can happen...

8. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hopefully all that volcanic ash that darkened the skies in Europe for a while gave them a nice break from the damn heat caused by it.

9. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wait, what? Heat and cold both 'caused by a cloud? Oh, and we're not experiencing any bloody heat, we're experiencing cold weather.

10. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    had up to 30c last week

@finalnd where people think that we have polar bears

11. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You had thirty degrees Celsius in the shade, in Finland? I think the maximum so far in Norway, this year, is 25 degrees Celsius, but that didn't last.

12. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finland ain't got polar bears ???
    GLOBAL WARMINGS FAULT!!!

13. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Quite frankly you're a fucking idiot to believe it. This SPRING it snowed in TEXAS. Also, scientists from the United Kingdom reported that the polar ice caps have grown larger this year.

It's just as hot as it usually is during the summer and the winter is just as cold. If anything, it's global cooling. But it isn't. There are no signs of it, just a bunch of morons claiming it's real with no real proof except pollution. It's a publicity stunt and a hoax. Nothing is going wrong drastically (as far as weather goes) and life goes on...

14. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hum.. wasn't that only with Antartica? As far as I heard, the North Pole was melting.

15. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fuck the North Pole, the South Pole is where it's at man.

16. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Global warming is a science scam. While global warming is in fact a real issue, it's not manmade. It's a solar event. Of course, people argue that carbon emissions amplify it, but from everything I've seen, that's wrong.

Every regular scientist (That includes professors. I use the term loosely.) I've ever talked to about it says it's a scam. They also say they can't speak outwardly against it because they get fired. So no one says anything. It's so freaking awkward to talk about it, for them.

"Going green" is a religion now. It's now a moral issue. I'm not one to throw conspiracy theories out there, but if it looks like crap and smells like crap, it's probably crap.

Than again, I'm no scientist, so don't take my word for it.

17. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, around 2000 years ago, the ice melted faster and more then it does today, and it survived.

18. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not to mention the medieval warm period.

It's a marketing scam.

19. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    The carbon emissions are only a small part of the global warming. Methane and tons of other gases are a lot worse. Those emissions have amplified the global warming and made it come sooner than it should. And yes, this has happened before, the earth gets hotter and the atmosphere is filled with dust and then it gets really cold and stuff freezes, then after many years the skies clear and the dust falls down.

20. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Cows are a huge source of methane gas - either we call cow genocide or we force them to go green or we will all die.

Though global warming may not be the main problem, still you want to control things like carbon emissions and such as they create some pretty nasty pollution which becomes a pain now, and not possibly in the future.