• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glitched Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This shield appears black at certain angles in game, and from direct view it looks perfectly normal. I imagine this has something to do with the texture blending.

Let me know what was wrong with it if you figure it out, and post the working model here. Or I may be able to fix it myself if you can tell me how.

Thanks.

View attachment BloodElf-SpellThief.blp
View attachment SpellShield2.mdx

Edit: I also intend to use the texture for another part of the spellbreaker's body, so you can ignore the dimensions of the texture. :p

Level 6
I dont know on modeling even on texturing but for my idea....

MAYBE...

The middle shield has more light colors...while the sides are black..

But because of the angle...the sides..is not seen very well so you thought its perfectly normal....but its black...really....just observe the 2d view on warcraft you will observe that colors on the other size does not blend on the current side you seeing so it show what the really color of it...

JUST SAYING SOMETHING...

Status
Not open for further replies.