• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to animate a texture on the model, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I created a cube model with a texture, both additive - to look transparent. What I want to do is aniamate the texture to move upwards like a wave, and then come from down again and rise up. A linear movement. I tried to animate it myself, but failed. The model is meant to be a magical shield. Can someone animate the texture for me so I learn how? Thank you.

Also I have another question - why in the editor when I put a unit on the terrain with this model I can't click it, so must drag the mouse to catch other units? What do you put inside the model in order to be clickable easily?
cube.png

Attachments

• box.mdx
    5.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Go the texture animations in Magos, then simply edit the X/Y/Z coordinates on the keyframes until it looks right.

Here's the problem though: Magos has a bug with texture animations. They will display fine when you edit them and the internal values are there, but the animation won't be properly saved for some reason.

To fix this, save the file as MDL, then manually map the correct texture animation id to the matching sequence with a text editor (windows notepad will do the trick).

Status
Not open for further replies.