• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Give Unit A Tree Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is any way to give a dummy unit a tree model. The reason is that I am making a spell which lifts units and trees into the air and I need to have a dummy unit that acts as a tree being lifted up.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Mr_Bean

Level 26
The model is white because the texture is not in the model. Instead, it possesses a replaceable texture path. In object editor >destructables there is a property field to replace this replaceableId with a desired texture. So when you want the tree with the texture as standalone, export the model and the texture of that field, edit the model and replace this replaceable texture path with the other texture.

1) Open the tree model with War3ModelEditor.
2) Save it as a .mdl file (you can't edit texture path directly within Magos' editor).
3) Open the .mdl file with a text editor (notepad or whatever).
4) Seek for the following lines :
Code:
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "",
		ReplaceableId 32,
	}
}
5) Delete the ReplaceableId thing and write the tree's texture path (you can see it in the object editor). For the Ashenvale Canopy, it would look like that :
Code:
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "ReplaceableTextures\AshenvaleTree\AshenCanopyTree.blp",
	}
}
6) Save it, re-open it with Magos' editor and Re-save it as a .mdx file.
7) Import the model and that's all done.

Do as what Tirlititi said or do the following:
1. Download this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/mdlx-converter-62991/.
2. Convert the model to .mdl and do what Tirlititi said on number 4 and 5 of his steps.
3. Delete the .mdx file of the model then convert the .mdl file to .mdx file.
4. Import the model to your map.
5. You are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.