• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gilles Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Well the temple road was dodaded really quick to because I wanted to get a screen of the alter. I had planned on improving it. I will also improve the other path.

Level 34
Yeah, I had planned on that, as I said the temple road isn't done, the other I just did a poor job on. I'll redo it later.

Level 34
Thanks, don't understand the whole haven't seen some of your work. It's pretty much all in here.

Level 24
Hmm, i dont rly like the city terrains, they are missing something.
Im not sure whats missing, but its looks kinda flat and grey'ish, and it has very little eye candy!
I like the forest terrains though, especially the tropical ones.
Looks really fruity :)
Also it seems like the doodads are carefully placed, and you didnt overuse or mass of enviroment doodads!

So keep up the good work! ^^

Level 34
Thanks guys! I wasn't very happy with the Prairie one, but people seem to like it! :p The barrens might be my favorite too.

I try to place doodads carefully. In the jungle, some areas are random. The really dense parts you can't go into are just random, the one screen inside the jungle took time. I tried to place the doodads properly.

Level 34
I like that idea, I've seen it done before. I don't have the map to that terrain though. I did it at a friends house around midnight, I was bored.

Level 34
It comes back from the dead once again!!

Thanks for the thumbs up, but comments are more appreciated.

Level 34
Thanks Cronical, glad to see this thread come back from the dead!

I should really improve this gallery.

Level 34
Nice terrian, you should join the WC3: WoW Team if you are interested making terrian. I am sure they can need you skills :D
Haha. You don't realize that I am on the beta-team, and I'm not sure, but I think Craka would let me terrain, but I have no desire. I've tried it, and it sucks.

Edit: By it I meant trying to copy WoW terrain in wc3, not the wc3:WoW game. Although it's far from where it needs to be.

Level 34
Thanks. I'd like to start terraining again, but I seem to lack inspiration. I should be able to better these in here.

Level 11
My rate:
Eyecandy: 9.75/10
Detail: 10/10
Originality: 9/10
Fitting: 9.75/10 (this terrain to be used in some mission)
Comment: your terrains make any person who look at them want to be in that cave/city. Your terrains are very interesting and exciting.

EDIT: and the island picture more looks like Farcry rather than warcraft.

Level 7
Ah your cities are similar to mine! But I love that second island picture, it looks like it's not warcraft at all.
If you're looking for inspiration, you can always just do terrain for an RPG. It gets the creative terrain juices going.

Level 34
Thanks guys. I really wish I had the dedication to make more. I get bored quickly nowadays. These are all far too old, and I really think I could do a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.