• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corexx´ Terrain Screens #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Since my old showcase is closed I have to start a new one. :p
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Zwergenmausoleum.png
    Zwergenmausoleum.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 285
  • Monument02-WIP.png
    Monument02-WIP.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 263
  • LeavingEarth.png
    LeavingEarth.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 327
In the third picture, is that planet earth? Because that doesn't look like Europe and your missing Africa, but you got the South/North America kind of good. :D The sun could use some work, how about we actually see the sun, not only it's light, can't be too hard to place 2 sun flares :p I like the poles x)
They are all amazing, I love the first one the most. The second one reminds me of Oblivion somehow.
Oh! One more thing, you should change the steam at the waterfall in the first picture. That blue looks ugly, go for white.

Level 13
Ya the only real problem I see in the terrain is just the water to me doesn't blend well or looks unrealistic.

Level 7
In the third picture, is that planet earth? Because that doesn't look like Europe and your missing Africa, but you got the South/North America kind of good. :D

'Ocean Sea Spreading' changed the position of the continents. ;)
Just kidding, was just too lazy for making a 'real' earth but maybe there will be an update the next days.
Sunflares will be added then!

Oh! One more thing, you should change the steam at the waterfall in the first picture. That blue looks ugly, go for white.

Unfornately the cloud-effect is immune to colorchanges. :[

How did you make the water by the way? Did you place every model
one by one and rotate it in the editor? Also you miss some clouds, just noticed.

Damn! Totally forget clouds. xD
The making of the water is rather simple. Just made a hill and spamed the moonwell-watereffect on it with 90° slewing angle.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Firstly, I'd like to commend you for your creativity. It's no fluke some of your screens ended up in the 'Legendary Terrains' thread that's for sure.

As for your first one, the best of the three as far as I'm concerned, some simple edits would suffice.

The waterfall would better off tinted to match the stream. As you mentioned, the fog is immune to colorchanged, however the waterfall is not.

The other matter bothering my eye is the railroad topping the first step of the staircase. It'd look better if the railroad ended a few squares earlier, perhaps by a blockade of some sort.

What makes the picture shine is how incredibly detailed it is.
Well done.

The second picture,not very much to my liking. Despite the fact that it is, as well as the first one, incredibly creative, it doesn't really look good.

I suppose what's mostly bothering me is the fog tint. It needs to be saturated, heavily. Pure blood red is 'no no' for me.

The third one could be similarly described as your second. Incredibly detailed and creative as can be, yet artistically lacking.

Only thing I can recommend here is that you use 'less effort' believe it or not.
Actually constructing the earth is going overboard, a custom model would tenfold the appeal.
However, I do suppose you enjoy doing this.

That concludes what I have to say on this matter. I do hope you stick around the terrain board more frequently, because your creativity is damn entertaining to behold :3

Level 7
Second & third picture are´nt my favorites either, but I lost motivation for fine tuning. Making a more or less good execution of my thoughts and ideas is, in the most cases, enough for me.
But thanks anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.