• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghostly Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm having a problem in which units can pass through the doodads I place, not trees or destructibles but all the other ones are like ghosts, and I can't have people walking through walls can I

so does anyone know what my problem is or hhow I can fix it?

Level 9
Pathing blockers are indeed invisible. It may be a little bit more work for you (having to put pathing blockers all over the map), but it is the easiest. If you wish to create doodads that are unwalkable yourself, you should create a custom pathing map. This is a small image file that contains two colors, one for pathable, and one for unpathable. If you'd use that pathing map for the doodads you use; they would be solid as well. The downside of this is that it takes a bit more time and skill, the good side is that it's way more efficient. I'm afraid I couldn't find a proper tutorial for it, perhaps I'll write one myself some day.

~ Angelusz

Level 12
Pathing blockers. Under pathing/blockers.

Used for blocking paths. They're doodads too. Press P to check pathing and make sure they're where you want them.

Level 11
@Vegavak
ah good you answered my question before I asked it, I was wondering how I could make sure they are int he right place

@Angelus
Too bad, tha tmethod sounds a lot better, but it also sounds like I'd have to create a new map, which would mean losing everything I've already placed

but rep all around anyway, thanks for the help

Level 12
Just to throw this in, you dont need to create a new map to import pathing maps, they are just som img files that you can use and the WE becomes smart for about five seconds just to realize how it owrks then it returns to its state of stupidity. The last half of that is ranting, ignore that half

Status
Not open for further replies.