• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to remove collision completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I use the Unit - Remove Collision for Unit GUI trigger, but it's not passing through doodads, climbing up cliffs and moving through destructibles. It's only passing through other units. I tried to add Ghost(Visible), but still the same. Can't add Locust though.

Level 12
I'm not sure that removing collision covers it. How about turning the unit to a flyer with modified altitude?

Edit: after a little test, if you set a ground unit's movement type to fly and give it a height of 1 it will seem to walk normally through units and most doodads (like barrels and gates), and even leave footprints. Problem is the if the unit goes near a cliff or a doodad like rock chunks it will start elevating before reaching them.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I use the Unit - Remove Collision for Unit GUI trigger, but it's not passing through doodads, climbing up cliffs and moving through destructibles.
It should be able to move literally anywhere, even out of bounds. Are you sure the action is being run on the unit to remove collision? Maybe the unit can walk up cliffs just the path finder is not aware of it and so still orders it around as if it could not.

Level 5
It should be able to move literally anywhere, even out of bounds. Are you sure the action is being run on the unit to remove collision? Maybe the unit can walk up cliffs just the path finder is not aware of it and so still orders it around as if it could not.

Yes, basically how I triggered it is when it casts the ability Wind Walk, it turns the caster(variable) into a unit with 0 collision then it turns on the triggers:
1. When the unit attacks and it has the buff Wind Walk, it automatically returns the collision
2. When the duration of the Wind Walk ends(timer 7 seconds) it will return the collision

However, I thought it would be able to move past doodads and climb up terrain but it's not.

Level 5
I'm not sure that removing collision covers it. How about turning the unit to a flyer with modified altitude?

Edit: after a little test, if you set a ground unit's movement type to fly and give it a height of 1 it will seem to walk normally through units and most doodads (like barrels and gates), and even leave footprints. Problem is the if the unit goes near a cliff or a doodad like rock chunks it will start elevating before reaching them.

As I stated It's originally supposed to be triggered so I don't mess with the unit pathing, but thanks for the suggestion!

Level 4
You must be doing something wrong. Using this trigger:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Turn collision for Peasant 0000 <gen> Off
The unit can go through terrain and doodads, although it's pathing may prefer to path in directions that would not collide with terrain or doodads.

Try just running that trigger on a pre-placed unit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Yes, basically how I triggered it is when it casts the ability Wind Walk, it turns the caster(variable) into a unit with 0 collision then it turns on the triggers:
Units have a minimum collision size. Unless you use the trigger to turn off collision for a unit in which case it will not collide with anything and can walk anywhere, even out of bounds and potentially crash the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.