• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wind Walk - like properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm trying to figure out a way to mimic Wind Walk's collision properties. Normally if I wanted a unit to pass through other units I'd give it the locust ability, but this also allows the unit to pass through terrain and trees.

Is there anyway, using triggers or giving it a temporary ability to stop the unit from passing through terrain and trees?

To give an idea I wanted to make the Blademaster able to pass through units during his Bladestorm, but not pass through trees and terrain. Turning collision back on for the Blademaster at any time disallows him to pass though units during Wind Walk.

I was also wondering if there was anyway to make a unit temporarily invisible.

Ghost (visible) disables collision in non-stupid ways, but units who don't have that ability will move around a unit with it. I haven't tested if it's the same with the standard Ghost ability.

Another thing you can do is set the unit's collision size to 1 in Object Editir. This will allow the unit to move through other units while not doing frustrating things like going through walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.