• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I honestly liked the VN, not sure if I would prefer sprites at all, the portrait is quite fancy in the end. Sure a full picture of the characters could be used in the thread which has info about the characters but only there. I like the portraits, and you can put cool stuff in the background, like picture of events, like X facing Y in a fierce battle and have talk in there and awesome text and sounds like FWOOSH! FWIISH! Fapfapfap! SKFJFATAM!

Level 14
Oh. Well no worries, I decided to do all coding stuffs from the very beginning. No one would have to learn vJass out of it but me.

I just need to make it more user friendly then I'll teach everyone how to use.

Thanks Bern. Picture of events? You mean like CG? There's a camera shake too, maybe we could, like apply a mini camshake when someone slash/hits a character.

Level 18
I'm quite sure that it is indeed, my friend.

And as in events I mean like having stuff in the background for example the execution of Cupid, like adding the sound of the axe slicing his head off or whatever killed him I haven't read. And then having a black screen with a bloodsplash with a BROPaskglasgkasjf sound, and then the background image would change to a one with the head lying on the ground.

Level 14
Yeah, i checked it and i really liked it :)

If we start creating content, this will be really good.
Is there any way to import the texts from an outer file too? I mean if we could make it work, everyone could put their scripts or scenes in the VN/scenes/idk folder, and they could be played automatically. In this way everyone could contribute to the project without editing the VN.w3x. Which could take a lot of work from your shoulders.

Level 14
To make this month working, we should really need those basic description of Races, and the Map ready. At the moment I'm accepting for GSoC, and University starts to get on my neck again, so i could really use some help with these.

If you feel like contributing, you could create some of these Descriptions. I'am creating an editable Google Doc for this, over the last month I have become to realize the power of that tool.

Link

Level 14
Paillan meant the Mountain City somewhere at Birthwing hill. It is still standing as far as i know. Don't know what happened to it through the years, It might have been corrupted by Mania. Who knows :)
I don't want to delete trolman's town from the "Lore" which is quite easy to change at the moment. If it need to be there, someone will bring it up eventually. If not, it will disappear.
dbeOUYC.png

Google Summer of Code proposal = Submitted \o/

Level 19
GG Ryan's house... you where a nice base an all that.
GG camp thumper, and thanks for all the eggs.
GG bunny army base, which was never used actually. (cept imadori)
GG tomb ruins and Kyrkow </3

So now all that water felt, don't you think much places north of Lutien that used to be underwater should show up? Maybe loch Kael dried?

Level 14
Added description of races, please check if they are nice enough. :)

April is near, and I am eager to announce the new monthly event!
The epic Easter Egg Hunt, on the steeps of Millenium. Join the hunt, and be the one who brings the most eggs home.

Of course, as always the winning member, or members of the monthly event will also receive nice reputation points for their effort. (Or not, if they don't want to.)

I will open the new roleplay thread, but you will have to wait some for the first post. Until then you can make an introduction post, of your character in that thread, to help newcomers.

The area of the month is Mount Millenium, which has changed in the last 15 years, as the pouring see covered the whole Easter Arena under water. Check out the description:

Barren steeps. Rocky valleys. Haunting heights. This is what Mount’ Millenium is known about. A giant mountain island that rules the newborn bay. There are a couple of mountains surrounding Millenium, but they are mere hills compared to the main mountain. The sight is beautiful, but it is not the reason people travel to Mount Millenium. Finest explorers couldn’t map the whole underground cave system, some of them were lost in the process. The ones who return however, return with great treasure, and a hell of a story to tell. Caves, shafts, underground domes punch holes in Millenium. Some say that there used to be an experimenting facility inside the mountains, and some of it’s wretched creatures still lurk in the shadows. Some tell that the Chapel on the peak of the mountain is haunted, and some tell that there is no chapel at all. One thing is for sure though: the gold, and mysterious artifacts they bring home from the journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.