• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Discussion

Level 5
the website is up, links and such just dont work yet, wait some days... and u will see..

But i will tell you a lil about this..

Lands of Archanor, or LoA is a morpg mod for warcraft we have been working on for over a year now, and open beta is soon.

it features a lot here are some of the main features:

Epic World
Adventure in an epic world,
full of monsters, citys,
and plains.

Multiplayer
Up to 10 players can meat
over battle.net, and play
together as a team, or as
enemies.

Weather System
A unique weather system
that changes the weather
randomly.

Special Computer AI
An AI system newer seen
before, makes the game
alive and exiting.

14 Custom Heroes
To choose from and
play whit, throug over
50 levels of skills.
And the ability to choose
your stats.

Save System
Save your hero and play
whit him again, in your
next game, the save
system saves all.

Unique Quests
Over 100 quests, made
so they are personal
to the player that takes
the quest.

Hope that helped you, else look at website when it comes up, but note screens at website is old, and before the redo in tarrain, new ones will come really soon.

Level 5
I can add that the "Special AI" includes a special battle system where the different cities fight battles over the world.

To make it short LoA is a MORPG; Kill creeps, level up your hero, roleplay as your character, live the life of your character which you can save on the net with saving codes.

Alowan: (Edited your post from MMORPG to MORPG, since it aint massive)

Level 3
Sounds so cool! Everything i've dreamed for! I was planning to make same kind of project too, but looks like some ppl have made it already. I'm waiting :) Features list sounds very good, but only 14 heroes sounds a bit bad, but we'll see :)

Edit: Damn i read the features again.. damn it sounds good! It has everything i was planning =D

Level 3
It would be easier if I could dl the map from somewhere, but i'll try to catch you. I tried to search but didn't find the map anywhere. btw there were lots of spelling mistakes in your web site, i hope the actual doesn't have same probs :)

Level 3
Ok :) I hope u do something with the web site. I will wait for the open beta then, i hope i don't have to wait very much. :p I watched the gameplay movies, they looked great, though quality was a bit bad on some scenes it was hard to recognise the important things. Please gimme more info about heroes, cities and such if possible.

Level 5
Yeah alowan and i will probly sit down some time and go over the website...

Oh well what do you wanna know? =) All the finished heroes and skills are listed on website (i think, they might have made more than listed there) the story about the world can also be found there... Once the open beta is released, i will host LoA with "roleplay only", meaning everybody has to play their character. This will probably be the funniest way to play LoA ;)

Level 3
So you have finished only 4 heroes so far? Yeah i found storyline, but i will read it tomorrow. Roleplaying is actually very nice in some good RPG maps, some RPG maps support RPn better than some actual RPG or MMORPGs which is very surprising. Seems like you've made effort with the RP side too. :) It would be nice to see some other jobs too, not just adventurers and fighters. Something like farmers, sailors and such, like LoaP, but i quess that's not the point of LoA, just wanted to mention. :)

Level 5
LoaP is an, if youll excuse me, stupid noob map which i would never even think of comparing with LoA ^^

But yea good idea, we should have many different kinds of jobs.... Right now we have no "jobs" at all, only different hero classes and different quests.

But in the future, you will probly be able to join the military and get gold for working.

Level 3
I agree, LoaP is bad map, but the idea is very good. But jobs aren't interesting after one test and there's no balance. Basicly it becomes boring very soon. And my point was that i'd like to see a map with nice careers and interesting jobs.

I believe it's a hard or impossible to add some job things in this phase, but it was just an idea. Army sounds quite nice, if there will be some nice recon missions and massive fight =D

Level 5
the elves are a unique kind we made up, all races have their own story.. comming in the next chapters.

we made our own save system, but i dont think we will realese it..

B.net map size limit is 4 mb, so it wont be over 4mb

- Alowan

Level 7
Hey can someone tell me if this map or these maps will be prtected cuz if they are then all those hard core map makers are going to go up to you and say that this map stinks (just so you know i am hard core maper) cuz they cant learn any thing from it so will it be protected? *whispers* hope not

Level 5
Could you plz spend alittle more time on ur post? Its kinda annoying to read that...

It will be protected, the whole thing about "unprotected maps are pro" is just stupid. Having the map unprotected just allows nobs to make a few edits and call it their own. For example, guinsoo took DotA and added some new stuff and now hes so much more famous than Eul (=the guy who made dota).

I will try to work on the war system as soon as i get map :)

Level 3
Well, i'd guess i should say hi, so hi... iv'e not been writing here but ill write etc when i get more time :D so... back to making loa terrain i guess :D

Level 3
I saw the website and it looks great! I didn't bother to read the whole story, but the heroes and their skills look very promising.

Just one thing about the save system.. what if a high level guy teams with a low level guy?
Will be exp of the low level explode or will he recieve reduced exp due to his low level?

Keep up the good work :D

Btw, Goddag Alowan! Another guy from Denmark! :D

Level 5
We are aware of this problem, and as i know Gadden will work on a expirience system that gives the % of ex that you damaged the opponent... (thoug this might not be in open beta in start)

We are also aware that it might take a little longer before open beta, since sword did retarrain all loa, as you can see on screenshots.. And we are now due to the new tarrain redoing quests (we had 15) and creeps..

So actualy the open beta will be a beta whit mostly new stuff..

Level 9
Alowan
We are also aware that it might take a little longer before open beta, since sword did retarrain all loa, as you can see on screenshots.. And we are now due to the new tarrain redoing quests (we had 15) and creeps..

Can't wait to play this map.
Hm... redoing the whole map, so is it possible to get the open beta upon this 14 days? Or it will be delay?

- Jeff

Level 5
there might come a delay, we dunno exatly, but rather a fully fonctionaly beta, than a Bugged not flothing beta, we know that from experience....

We will work as hard as we can, and now is most tarrain redone... and we are now working on new creeps, placing units, and remaking quests..

Level 4
I would be very glad if you post some more screenshots concerning other parts of land scaping than forest, that would be very interesting and would turn users to download your project more often :wink:

Level 3
At the moment there isn't much else to show, i need to finish some vital parts of the outdoor terrain and caves, taverns, halls, etc, Before there is a possiblity to make any other screenshots.

Level 9
I suppose the AI is a "random order" to order random city to launch an attack on the other city. And other NPC's actions.
If i'm wrong, srry.

But i have a question. If one of the city has been conquer. Will the AI still launch the attack on that city, or change route?

- Jeff

Level 3
Im not really the person to ask about the AI since i do terrain, but i think it includes wars, npc movement and uniqe actions, example (when models are done) there will be guards who lighten torches and lanterns when night falls (gives u a feeling that the npc's are doing something :D

Level 3
Ok this i can answer, the view is 3rd person (camera rotates with the heroes facing angle) but you can control the angle of attack between 300-360 degrees (makes it useable anywhere without bugging). And it will take very long time to level up in this map. During the year we've made LoA my best character got to lvl 16 (made many characters tho (all above lvl 7)
If you reach a level higher than 35 (dont know if thats the correct lvl) then you can show your character to one of us (alowan,gadde,sneaky-sebbe or me) and if its above lvl 35 we'll add it to the Heroes section on the website (the name of your acc u used when playing it + the class of the hero).

Level 5
Use this to link to us:
LoA.jpg

And this is for fans avatar:

LoAAvatarFan.jpg

Level 2
hi there! i have a question about the 3rd person cam.
i´m working on a WoW rpg and i´m searching for a camera system. did you use the WEU cam or did you code your own? if yes, will you post it in the trigger forum?

Level 3
We triggered our own camera, and we wont make it downloadable (we keep our triggers to ourselves sry...)

Level 4
~Question~

Howdy, :D , I've a question:

Currently, How long do you expect Game Loading Time will be? Also, since the Loading Time is based on your RAM, and probably your Graphics card, how would you rate your RAM and Graphics card, based on a scale from 1-10; 10 being Uber style :D , and 1 being... Nasty. :cry:

Level 5
I havent tried the new terrain yet (yea i know its weird that i havent tried, since im one of the creators) but all LoA versions i have ever tried have quite short loading time.

About AI: Computer AI is mostly how the Military works for the different races. This includes random patrols around the territory, random attacks to enemy cities, and in the future "taking prisoners". If you any questions about AI, thats my territory ;)

Level 9
May i know what type of map protecter you all are using for LOA?
Cos i need it to reduce my map size. (If it does)
Can i have a link to it?

To GaDDeN:
May i know if 1 of the city in LOA is destoryed. Will the other city that wins the battle will change lane to attack another city?

Level 5
I love 3rd person cam, but most of the people don't like it I think. You should add triggers for the cam, allowing players to choose 3rd person or a general warcraft3 cam. The AI system seems cool. N btw, how big this map will be? I mean the mapsize :)

Level 4
The LoA Project Leaders pointed out earlier that the map would probably come out to be slightly less than 4.0 Gigs.

I'll let them correct me if I am indeed wrong. :D

Level 5
To Akroma..

Our loading time is based on ram as u say..
but at website you can see the requrements.. (they are what normal wc3 and tft requres + a lil) whit those it wont take more than 30 secs to load. (when not online) when online it alse depends on conection and hosts conection...

And the map will not be over 4 MB since that is b.net limit..

Level 5
4 Gigs? you mean 4 Megs? :)
Umm, I mean the mapsize, not the map file size :lol:
is it 256x256 or else? btw, may i give suggestion here for your map? But before that, I wanna ask something. Is the features list shown in the loa.wc3sear.ch contains a complete features? :eek:

Will trading skills like one from WoW available in this map? I think it's really cool if you can compound herbs to make a potion, food or forging your own weapons, Gathering herb, minerals, or other ingredients from all over the land of Archanor. :D

Level 4
Lol, yes, sorry about that. I meant 4.0 Megs.

P.S. Wow, my Avatar is starting to look really snazzy! Hey, Alowan, what do you think? :D :D :D

Level 5
Oh yes, another question..
how do you set the quests and quest logs, so the quest will be only available to coressponding player? Wc3 editor can't create a quest for a player only, right? Or you have your own quest log system? :)