1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

General Discussion

Discussion in 'Lands of Archanor' started by Alowan, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Discuss Lands of Archanor, post suggestions, reportbugs, and more. Here..

2. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What is it? I tried to search some info, but web site is not ready or something and i didn't find anything else info. Could you give some general info?

3. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    the website is up, links and such just dont work yet, wait some days... and u will see..

But i will tell you a lil about this..

Lands of Archanor, or LoA is a morpg mod for warcraft we have been working on for over a year now, and open beta is soon.

it features a lot here are some of the main features:

Epic World
    Adventure in an epic world,
    full of monsters, citys,
    and plains.

Multiplayer
    Up to 10 players can meat
    over battle.net, and play
    together as a team, or as
    enemies.

Weather System
    A unique weather system
    that changes the weather
    randomly.

Special Computer AI
    An AI system newer seen
    before, makes the game
    alive and exiting.

14 Custom Heroes
    To choose from and
    play whit, throug over
    50 levels of skills.
    And the ability to choose
    your stats.

Save System
    Save your hero and play
    whit him again, in your
    next game, the save
    system saves all.

Unique Quests
    Over 100 quests, made
    so they are personal
    to the player that takes
    the quest.

Hope that helped you, else look at website when it comes up, but note screens at website is old, and before the redo in tarrain, new ones will come really soon.

4. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can add that the "Special AI" includes a special battle system where the different cities fight battles over the world.

To make it short LoA is a MORPG; Kill creeps, level up your hero, roleplay as your character, live the life of your character which you can save on the net with saving codes.

Alowan: (Edited your post from MMORPG to MORPG, since it aint massive)

5. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sounds so cool! Everything i've dreamed for! I was planning to make same kind of project too, but looks like some ppl have made it already. I'm waiting :) Features list sounds very good, but only 14 heroes sounds a bit bad, but we'll see :)

Edit: Damn i read the features again.. damn it sounds good! It has everything i was planning =D

6. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Be sure to join the open beta then, will be free hosting on bnet =)

7. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be easier if I could dl the map from somewhere, but i'll try to catch you. I tried to search but didn't find the map anywhere. btw there were lots of spelling mistakes in your web site, i hope the actual doesn't have same probs :)

8. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah alowan is just danish and he's the one who made the website :)

The map is only closed beta so far, thats why you havent found it. But we are planning to release an open beta very soon!

9. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok :) I hope u do something with the web site. I will wait for the open beta then, i hope i don't have to wait very much. :p I watched the gameplay movies, they looked great, though quality was a bit bad on some scenes it was hard to recognise the important things. Please gimme more info about heroes, cities and such if possible.

10. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah alowan and i will probly sit down some time and go over the website...

Oh well what do you wanna know? =) All the finished heroes and skills are listed on website (i think, they might have made more than listed there) the story about the world can also be found there... Once the open beta is released, i will host LoA with "roleplay only", meaning everybody has to play their character. This will probably be the funniest way to play LoA ;)

11. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So you have finished only 4 heroes so far? Yeah i found storyline, but i will read it tomorrow. Roleplaying is actually very nice in some good RPG maps, some RPG maps support RPn better than some actual RPG or MMORPGs which is very surprising. Seems like you've made effort with the RP side too. :) It would be nice to see some other jobs too, not just adventurers and fighters. Something like farmers, sailors and such, like LoaP, but i quess that's not the point of LoA, just wanted to mention. :)

12. Nephtis

Nephtis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shouldn't you get a news accouncement on the front page?

13. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LoaP is an, if youll excuse me, stupid noob map which i would never even think of comparing with LoA ^^

But yea good idea, we should have many different kinds of jobs.... Right now we have no "jobs" at all, only different hero classes and different quests.

But in the future, you will probly be able to join the military and get gold for working.

14. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree, LoaP is bad map, but the idea is very good. But jobs aren't interesting after one test and there's no balance. Basicly it becomes boring very soon. And my point was that i'd like to see a map with nice careers and interesting jobs.

I believe it's a hard or impossible to add some job things in this phase, but it was just an idea. Army sounds quite nice, if there will be some nice recon missions and massive fight =D

15. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:

16. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, updated web whit new screens of tarrain redo, take a look...

17. mr.moo222

mr.moo222

Resources:
    Resources:
    what type of elves will the elves be in the game?

18. Mr. Level Maker Person

Mr. Level Maker Person

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does that use Darky's hero save code, or do you have a system of your own? You should upload it if its of high quality.

19. Zeikko

Zeikko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you have any idea how big the map file will be? Will it be easy to host and upload in bnet or must everyone dl it separately from website?

20. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    the elves are a unique kind we made up, all races have their own story.. comming in the next chapters.

we made our own save system, but i dont think we will realese it..

B.net map size limit is 4 mb, so it wont be over 4mb

- Alowan