• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Discussion

Level 4
Well, if World Edit can't do it (And you're right, I remember trying once, and I don't think it can either), they MUST have made up their own Uber little system. :D :wink: :D

Level 5
hehe.. thats right, we figured out our own system..

I found a way, gadden triggered it.

And it is as follows:

You go to a shop/man fx. the weaponsmith, then you "buy" the quest, and a message will come on your screen, then only you know about it...
(there might be added more stuff to this)

And btw, we are also working on a special place descriper, that shows what area you are in on map, since we dont use minimap...
(about that i need to talk to you sword..)

Level 4
Let's not waste their time getting into the Equipment System here on the forums... I recently suggested an Item List (that will proibably include this) on their website, so let's just wait for them to finish that. :D

As a question...
beantony pointed out something about our Quest Lists... If we each have personal quests, I assume you wont be using the Quest Log(F9), so what will you be using?

Level 5
Hmm, remember the quest? :( I think that's a bad idea. I like the leaderboard way, maybe multiboard is better.

:idea: How about this:
List all quests in the quest log. Then tinker with the quest description... (Show which player/s are doing this quest, writedown the quest story, where to get this quest), but don't give quest hints and objectives in the quest log. Give hints and quest objective by using "Quest message" trigger. This way, you can see the quest's objective or hint, by using Logs, not the Quest Logs. :idea:

Level 2
I think the quest system sounds great! If the quest description ain't to long, it won't be relly that hard to remember. If your memery is to bad, just write it down.

But one thing that i have been thinking of; will you be able to do the quest again after loading your hero? Becouse you can't save such things in the save codes i've seen. If you can do all quests again by just restarting the game would relly ruin it.

Hope ye find an solution to this! :D

Level 4
Lol, sure Dankiz - leave the hard work to them, They're grown up now, they can handle it. :D

[post edited: removed suggestion]

Whatever I was able to think up would be very time consuming to trigger, so I've decided to stop trying. :? I would need some better knowledge of triggers to think up a quick, or fairly simple way to dew it... sorry.

Level 3
I don't think there's anything wrong making the quest again and again. Yeah it sounds a bit stupid, but it would be stupid too that you would have done all the quests and then you could just stand and do some random creeping. If the quests have even something random, you can just walk it trough everytime, but I think it's quite hard to do quests which have something else random than enemies.

Level 4
Quest replay value is solely going to rely upon the Quest Rewards.

Although I don't have an exact stand on whether or not all quests should be redo-able, I do know a quest with a reward such as "Dargon's Defender" (currently the strongest shield in the game) should absolutely not be repeatable. The point is for this game to have excelent economy, and if one person racks up a pile of godly Uniques, and gives them out to everyone he meets, the Unique item's value will go down, significantly.

Of course, if there aren't any quests in LoA that give great items, or great rewards, what are the quests there for in the first place? :? :? :?

Level 5
Hmm, good. esp. the economy things :D

btw, is the name really "Dargon's Defender" or we got a miss-spelled "Dragon's defender" here? :roll:

btw, in the features section, you mentioned, we will get evolved from normal person to hero. What does that mean?

and in history section.. I think it should be "Chapter" not "Capter" :wink:

Level 3
The name is Dargon's Defender, dunno how to answer the other question tho... ill let alowan deal with it... :D

Level 5
To the economy thing, we wont enable unique items on quests (exept the REALLY hard ones i think)

btw, in the features section, you mentioned, we will get evolved from normal person to hero. What does that mean?

That means that you will start as a low level dude, that cant really do a thing, and then later (at level 20 i think we made it) you become a hero, and will be put at a some sort of Hall of FAme on the website

in history section.. I think it should be "Chapter" not "Capter"

I know that, but somhow it wont let me fix it..
we will soon make a update that fixs most spelling..(when sword or another one gets time to fix it.)

Level 5
Just tested my new recorder pogram, and it is extreamly nice, so i will start recording for a gameplay movie, when we test..

But there is one problem, i cant get size down (current size for 10 min of movie is 1 GB) whitout losing quaility to much...

Anyone knows good pograms to fix that, or do you think that i should let the Gameplay movie(s) be about 20 + MB..?

Level 4
I wouldn't be the person to ask about Recording stuff... But honestly, voice acts really aren't that important, and if they're just going to delay the game's progress, why get into them at all?

P.S. - You mentioned "REALLY HARD Quests". Will these quest be at all do-able alone? As a suggestion, please throw in some quests that are simply impossible to do alone - maybe even some that can't be accomplished without 3+ people. This way, even though the quest is redoable, you would need 3 people to complete it each time you wanted the reward, AND only one of the three people will be able to receive the reward, assuming the reward is one item.

This stops problems with one person Power-Pwning a quest, and continually snagging Uber Items. :D :D :D

Level 5
If your movie file is *.avi or *.wmv, you can use STOIK Video converter. Then use DivX for video encoder and mp3 for audio encoder. :D

Start as a low level that cant really do a thing? You mean we cant select our hero until level 20? :?

Level 4
Darnit, beantony. You're taking what the Project Leaders are saying, and using it against them! :x :x :x

Looky here:
Level 1: One, maybe 2 skills.
Level 5: More than one skill.
Level 10: Almost all your skills at level 1 or higher
Level 20: Almost all your skills at decent levels, AND you get put onto the Website Hall of Fame. (supposedly)
Level 35: Almost all your skills at max level.(?)
Level 40: This is the level I suggest you start putting people into the hall of fame, Alowan. In another of your posts, (not sure where) you stated the Hall of Fame was going to be accepting people between 35 and 40.

The website states there will be "50+ levels of skill". I take this to mean 50+ Hero Levels, but Alowan is certainly welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Level 3
This is how the skill system works:
U start with choosing one ability, Then you can put all your skillpoints you get from lvling into that skill without choosing another skill, (kinda boring to do it that way heh...) each skill has a maximum of 10 levels and you got 5 skills/hero. I think hall of fame should start at approximently lvl 25 (max lvl is 50) and i doubt many will reach that level, since none of the project leaders has got by lvl 20 in the past year of creation...

Akroma_LoA said:
P.S. - You mentioned "REALLY HARD Quests".

There will be really hard quests such as "The Annihilator" (this quest is by far the hardest, and yet not listed in the quest section since it needs a story).

Level 4
Ohh, hell gea! Let me give it a story. Just toss me the Very Important Persons' names, Cities/Areas/Dungeons it takes place in, and the Reward.

My story'll PWN the rest of the fan-suggested quests; I give you my word! :D :D :D

Level 4
By the name, "Annihilator"? I think we have right to assume so. :D

How much of a story does it really need anyways.

If you want to be simple, just use a cheap-ass story, such as: "This is the most powerful creature ever to rome these lands... slay it!"

If you want to go all out, you'll need my expert linguistic skills to add in detail, emotion, and creativity. Well, you may not NEED my help, but why not? I'll be on tomorrow morning, to check up on posts, and such. :D :D :D

Level 3
"The Annihilator" is a long quest which ends with the quest taker destroying a demon on his own. This quest can be achieved only if you are past lvl 45 (any lower and this will be too hard).

Level 3
Yes, its possible, but you have to be kind of dedicated to play loa if u wanna reach that high lvl :D

Level 5
Got another question 8)

1st, Why does leveling hero in Loa is very hard? Is it because the enemies give low exp? or the creeps are too hard to beat? or maybe something else?

2nd, the max level in LoA is 50, right? Is there any other advantage when we reach this max level besides of being powerful? :)

Level 5
beantony said:
Got another question 8)

1st, Why does leveling hero in Loa is very hard? Is it because the enemies give low exp? or the creeps are too hard to beat? or maybe something else?

2nd, the max level in LoA is 50, right? Is there any other advantage when we reach this max level besides of being powerful? :)

Answer 1: Units gives really low exp, btw about experice i think gadden is working on a special system, that gives exp after hits on creep..

Answer 2: Dont think anyone will reach level 50..

Level 3
I'd like to see if someone reaches lvl 50 within a month... u need to play like 24/7 if u want to get that high lvl, one advantage about beeing that high lvl is that you can do "The Annihilator" quest which if succeded can give you uniqe items thats i'd call uniqe uniqes :D

Level 3
Hmm, so far there is no PvP areas, but alliance and horde is always hostile towards eachother.

It will be possible to form groups later.

Level 4
I have a feeling some of the Project Leaders already know about this problem, but I'd like to point it out, just incase they don't. :D

You are aware that there are programs (I will not name them) that can be easilly used to get to level 50 in the blink of an eye, don't you? Well, I've been thinking about how well your LoA triggering is going, and I believe there is a way to beat the program I use.

Currently, I only use it for FFOpen, and I plan to use it on LoA, but certainly not to get my name onto the Website. The point of LoA for me is to have fun leveling up and learning about the game, itself; NOT use a program to make the game obsolete.

Suggestion 1.
If at all possible, I suggest thinking of a way to trigger the game, where gaining specific ammounts of exp that would usually not be gainable (for instance, if you use the exp-per-hit system, you could use a trigger to boot anyone that gains more exp than possible.)

Suggestion 2.
If you are unable to find a decent way to trigger the Cheater-Catcher I explained in Suggestion 1., you may want to create a quiz to give to people who ask to be added to your Website Hall of Fame. If they are able to answer... 85-90% of the questions correctly, you can assume they have played LoA honestly. If they miss more than 40%, you should black-list them from the Website.

I know this is a strange way to do things, but being in Canada made my brain dull... please give me some time to get back to my normal self. :D

P.S. (In Suggestion 2., missing between 40% and 15% would be failing, but you shouldn't black-list them... maybe they just didn't know the answers - you should let them re-test in a week)

Level 5
OPEN BETA NOW OPEN BETA NOW HURRY UP I WANT IT HURRY HURRY HURYY HURRY HURRY NOW NOW NOW NOW 7 days from Oct 5th taht si THE 12TH AND IT IS THE 12th NOW SO OPEN BETA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 2
Well... i don't think that it will be open beta for a wery long time....

According to what i have seen, LoA Isn't even half finished.. so you probaly have to wait some more time :roll:

Level 5
we are more than half finished since.. all basic stuff are made, we just recently remade terrain... thoug..

and sword have been away for a while first came on today, and he needs to finish somthing before gadden can finish his part..

AND NOTE: if u think that the loa OBeta will be like a finished game, then u are wrong, our open beta will be more like a normal beta, early stage...

If some of our old testers read this they could also tell that they were playing a quite finished game..

Level 3
LoA is more than half finished... tho its the hardest parts left on the projecet such as the NPC AI (that i dont need to do... phew...) and there are still lots of items, anti cheat and spells to be made... and some terrain.

Level 4
Neat, but unfortunately, this puts you pretty far behind sechedule... so you MAY want to give everyone a new time frame. :(

From what I hear, it looks like you'll be at least another 8 days; call it 10-14 days just to be safe.

Then again, it still may be a month.... (Don't do that to us!) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Level 1
I wait anytime for this mod just when its done i want get a super giga mega cool mod. :wink:

Level 2
Questions

Are the first few levels going to take a while to level up? No offence, but I don't think very many people would want to play if it take 2 full week of hardcore playing to get to level 5... :(

Is grouping recomended? I love grouping with other people, but I feel like I'm the only one... So are there going to be any huge penalties that are going to make people want to solo the whole way?

Also, are you planning on making a LoA clan? I'd join! :D

Level 3
its easy to lvl at first, but it rapidly gets harder and harder, 2 weeks are enough to get about lvl 17 or something (depends on how many hours a day that u play).

Level 2
Just a note to the others in the team.

I should have made save code more secure in the beginning of this weak, but i have been the delayed.
I promise to work at it tomorrow. (Friday)

Level 4
It's all good, Sneaky-Sebbe! :D

As long as you test it for bugs, and obvious ways to cheat it, I am willing to wait; I think what we all want is a great game. If it takes time to perfect it, we are willing to wait. :D :D :D

P.S. As someone recently stated, why not create a LoA Clan on the Europe Server? It sounds like a good plan to me, and whoever makes it to a great and godly level (I suggest 35+) can be a Shaman. :wink:

Level 5
ok, good sebbe, sword got map atm, and is ready to send to gadden, so we can get the hard trgger work done..

After that it is just add that is nice to have, so im happy to say we are on scetual for BOB*

*Before Open Beta (not Bob The Builder)

Level 2
Now i am done modifying the code so that it is not possible to just type in something. I have also made it much harder to break the code for a hacker.