• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gems of Unification v13.02.26

gemsofunificationheader.jpg

Inside this game a plot slowly unfolds around certain gems that carry a great power. A power that has to be kept safe, in your hands.

Introduction

Gems of Unification (GoU) is Role Playing Game (RPG) which can (and should) be played in multiplayer. I've worked quite a lot on this map and hope you'll enjoy it.

This map is currently still in heavy development, but playable. Of the three acts the first two are largely done. Expect this map to be updated a lot over the coming months.

If you find any bugs or have suggestions to the map don't hesitate to contact me by posting in this thread. Together we can create a new epic map!

Features
  • 1 Class (explained below)
  • 39 Abilities
  • 150+ Items
  • 8 Birthsigns
  • Threat and AI System
  • Equipment System, items influence your hero in many ways!
  • Attachment System, items are displayed on your hero
  • Save/Load System, keep your hero with you!
  • Indoor terrains, varying from homes to caves to dungeons!
  • Combat Text and Casting Bar Systems
  • Epic dungeon's and outdoor bosses!

One hero, all classes!

Pick up your weapon of choice, learn your own spells and do the quests you like. Your choices determine your class, allowing a whole new kind of customization! So will picking up a bow for instance make your hero a ranged damage dealer since bows provide a ranged attack and a damage bonus. Together with the ability to pick up any spell you like (though there is a maximum of spells you can pick) you can create your own class! Any combination is possible!​

herobuild.png

sc8z.jpg

sc7os.jpg

sc6p.jpg

sc5bo.jpg

sc4yi.jpg

sc3c.jpg

sc2hw.jpg

sc1hh.jpg

FAQ

What is this game about? What does RPG mean?
RPG stands for Role Playing Game, which in this context means you play a character that explores the world of Gems of Unification. You're pretty free to choose which kind of character you want to be.

In which aspects does this game differ from other RPG's, like Gaia's Retaliation?
I'll be honest, in a lot of aspects it is the same, it's just fresh, new content. In what aspects it differs are these; class customization, you don't pick a pre-made class with certain abilities but you're free to choose how you want your character to be.

The game crashes!
Make sure you have texture quality on highest, else the game can crash. Next to that, suggested resolution screen is 1920x1080. Small resolution and graphic can broke game or improperly display data. If the game still crashes after trying this try running Warcraft III in openGL by adding -opengl to your startup exe.

Help, I can't save in singleplayer! Why is this?!
In order to prevent people from cheating their character up I've disabled saving in singleplayer.

My save code doesn't work.
Make sure you're using the same playername you used while you saved your character.

Restore my code!!
I won't sorry, you'll have to level up again.

I've noticed a serious bug, where can I report this?
You can report this by replying to the uploaded map at the Hive Workshop or in the post on the forums there I have for this map.

Your map sucks!!1
Okay... Play something else than.

Credits
Thanks to these people I was able to create this map.

• Testing: Ken Plattel
  • Main inspiration: Gaia's Retaliation ORPG Team: teh.fellow aka Playmo, Zwiebelchen aka Todeszwiebel, Shapy, muzzel
  • Models/Skins: Born²Modificate, Kitabatake, Lopaki, Dan Van Ohllus, Mr. Goblin, DerReaper2, xXm0rpH3usXx, Pyritie, Mc !, Chriz., JetFangInferno, Vuen, olofmoleman, Nasrudin, jatter2, Kitabatake, Thrikodius, ikillforeyou, Sunchips and dirtytricks
  • AIDS and Damage detection: Jesus4Lyf
  • DayNightFog System: Viikuna
  • Bag System: muzzel
  • Save/Load: Nestharus
  • Spell: Paladon
  • Hive Workshop in general, the community

Please contact me when we left you out on credits.

Changelog

v13.02.26
  • Solved a bug where unattainable items used for the upcoming dungeon 3 (Cathedral Catacombs) were already available via gamble
  • Buffs from abilties will now properly be removed if they would have expired when the hero was dead
  • Moved some wrongly places creeps from ogre area to Cathedral Catacombs
v13.02.24
  • Save/load system removed and replaced by Nestharus, all related bugs are fixed by this (clones heroes, invalid codes, laggy load, incorrect items, etc)
  • Improved items will now properly be removed when an other character is loaded
  • Ranks will now also be saved
  • Origin of the Gems quest will now work properly and end with a quest to go into dungeon 3
  • The quest A Warning Sign will now rewards Rank 3
v12.08.07
  • Fixed an issue where summons could cause loads to bug
  • Fixed an issue where backpack items weren't properly saved
  • Fixed an issue where no save code would get generated at all
  • Centaur and Tauren creeps should no longer grant experience when killed while being allied to them
  • Intimidation Shout now properly applies AoE threat
  • Added an additional vendor in Windfell who sells common weapons
  • Lowered the duration of Bash for Orc Grunts in Act III from 2 seconds to 0.25
  • Increased the damage of Keli'dan the Breaker and Feral Swine
  • Seal of Vigor can no longer procc off Quill Aura
  • The King now casts Dominate on himself
  • Save codes now no longer contain spaces, making them easier to copy
  • Recalculated the shadow map, improving shadows on some places
v12.08.05
  • Elite creeps (dungeon non-boss creeps) now have their proper base health
  • Solved an issue with the quest The Chieftain's End
v12.08.04
  • Save codes have been reset due to exploits, these should be fixed this version
  • Solved a bug causing double hero stat calculations
  • Solved a bug causing Impact to trigger off any unit even without the ability
  • Items owned by a player now get properly removed when loading a new character
v12.08.02
  • The long awaited Act III has been released! It contains a new leveling area for level 38 - 48. This brand new act contains the following:
    • A whole new part of terrain, including the main capital Armadale
    • All new quests that continue the story from Act II
    • Brand new creeps which drop fancy new items
    • 7 new abilities
    • And many more things!
  • All save/load bugs are fixed, saving should now always generate a code, as well as loading should now always load your character fully
  • Because of save/load bugs, all save codes have been reset unfortunately
  • Mana per intelligence has been lowered from 15 to 10 per point
  • Base hero mana increased from 0 to 15
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Panda provides +30% healing done
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Dragon gives the hero a 10% chance on attack to deal additional elemental damage
  • Birthsign: Owl now gives +25% spell damage instead of increasing spell power
  • Birthsign: Boar now in addition to a health bonus gives +5% resistance to all types of spells
  • All spell power based abilities have their coëfficient reduced by ~30%
  • All creeps have their base health increased in order to increase difficulty (including elites and dungeon 2 creeps)
  • Player creep scaling has changed, health went down from 75% to 50% per player, damage from 25% to 10% per player
  • Gold gained by quests has been normalized depending on hero level, big differences in the supposed level and the hero level reduce the gold reward, experience and skill points still stay independant on the hero level
  • Ranks for the Armadale Army now give 2% dodge and resistance down from 3%
  • Gold sharing to an ally is now no longer possible
  • Ensnare is now no longer usable on bosses
  • Knuckle Punch can now be relearned by Innkeeper Valdr in Bridgewater
  • Harpy Hag now has two additional abilities to increase her difficulty
  • Internal creep recylcing engine improved
  • Creeps now spawn with a new fade in animation
  • Added additional troll huts for the quest No Home, No Future
  • Reduced the selling price of herbs (berries)
  • Potions and herbs now stack properly, there should no longer be an error message
  • Potions and herbs can now stack up to 10, increased from per 4
  • Fixed a typo in Master Healing Potion recipe
  • Fixed a bug that caused creep player settings to affect players instead of creeps
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the hero to stay in combat after surrendering the troll Warlord
  • Fixed a bug causing animation errors when dropping weapons
v12.06.12
  • The following bosses have gained a new unique ability to make their fights more interesting: Gareth the Greedy, Ember Skeleton, The King and Dragon Turtle
  • Both dungeons now have an easy way to leave them at the last boss (a teleport)
  • Dungeon bosses now have a shout message when engaged in combat
  • Added a notification when a player leaves the game, in addition creeps will scale down (less health/damage/etc)
  • All casting bars are now visible for all players (including creep casts)
  • Tauren and Centaur now scale with the amount of players as normal creeps do
  • Attack speed should now properly be displayed when viewing stats, this was a display issue only
  • The quest Stopping the Trolls can now no longer be started twice
  • Shadow Dagger debuff now properly lasts 3 seconds instead of just 1
  • Shadow Dagger will now go on cooldown when killing a unit with it
  • Solved an issue with Flaming Arrow
  • Gambling now always gives an item
  • Its no longer possible to gain a material when gambling
v12.05.28
  • Gambling has been added; you can now gamble for a random item by paying a heavy sum to a NPC
  • Quest items should no longer be saveable, which should prevent a lot of bugs from happening
  • Almost all spells which scale with Spell Power have their coefficient lowered
    • Protective Shield down from 7x to 6x
    • Arcane Burst dowm from 3.5x to 2.5x
    • Barkskin down from 4x to 3x
    • Heal down from 7x to 6x
    • Fireball down from 2x to 1.25x
    • Shadow Embrace down from 6x to 5.5x
  • Save files are more readable now
  • Additional quests have been added; one for Bounty Hunter Miles and one concerning Warlord Ula'elek
  • The quest Ain't That a Kick in the Head now works correctly
  • Troll huts that get destroyed should now play their fire animation for all players
  • Birthsign: Serpent now provides 15% critical strike damage down from 25%
  • Bounty Hunter Miles now offers different items for sale
  • Resistance should now work properly again, all bugs resolved
  • Barkskin no longer forgets its armor added when equiping or de-equiping a ranged weapon
  • Mark of the Wild now adds the proper amount of agility upon buffing
  • Mark of the Wild disabled icon has been added
  • Improving Furbolg Relic should now provide the correct stats
v12.05.22
  • Creeps now scale with the amount of players, with each player creeps gain +75% health, +25% damage, +15% experience reward and +15% item drop chance
  • Fixed an issue that could crash the game when playing WC3 with a different version
  • Fixed a bug with loading certain save codes that would not restore a hero correctly
  • Added a questgiver in Palemane Hills just after the bridge
  • Fixed a bug with the Murloc or Serpent birthsign being lost after reviving
  • Potions and Ability scrolls are saveable from this version on
  • Casting while wielding a two-handed weapon should no longer cause animation issues
  • The model of Gladius is now properly attached
  • Inner Courage tooltip improved
  • Pets should no longer become stuck near the entrance of dungeon 1
v12.05.20
  • A lot of exploits and bugs have been fixed, because of this earlier save codes do not work with this new version, I apologize
  • The game can now be played in singleplayer LAN games!
  • Two new commands have been added: -roll (displaying a random number between 1 and 100) and -clear (clears all text messages)
  • View Stats, Rest and Spellbook now have their hotkeys displayed in their tooltip
  • When playing the game in singleplayer an ingame message is displayed at the start of a game that saving has been disabled
  • An aweful lot of bugs concerning loading a character have been solved (Birthsigns disappearing, faction choice for tauren/centaur, etc)
  • Mana cost of a lot of abilities have been rescaled
  • Deadly Poison now deals 1x Agility down from 1.5x Agility
  • Gold cost for improving items increased and now dependant on item quality as it should be
  • Gold cost for recipes reduced
  • Birthsign quest is no longer available if you already have a birthsign
  • Improving high leveled items should no longer cause disappearing stats
  • All bugs concerning bows becoming melee items have been resolved
  • Slaying the last boss of dungeon 1 (Mother) prematurely no longer causes the quest to bug
  • Higher ranks should no longer collide with lower ranks when obtained
  • Guard next to the ambassador in the centaur camp now has proper talk text
  • Solved a bug concerning destroying troll huts with multiple players
  • Solved a desync bug with Lost Merchandise quest
  • A preview image has been added
v12.05.17
  • Bug fixed concerning equiping improved items and colliding item classes
  • Two new Birthsigns added, check them out!
  • Terraining improvements like Army Encampment in the northeast, grass pitching and bridge between Act I and Act II
  • Heroes now have normal names now
v12.05.07
  • Herbalism has been added, you can now gather berries from bushes and convert them into potions, more to be added in the future
  • Improve Items has been added, you can now (for a fee) improve your items, increasing their stats
  • All desync issues should now be solved, the problem was found and fixed
  • Three new abilities have been added, they drop off dungeon 1 bosses or dungeon 2 trash creeps
  • Unlearn Skills has been added, you can now reset (for a free) all skill points of your hero
  • A Sign From the Stars / Foreign Market can now both be started without having completed their pre-quests
  • Troll Cookbooks will no longer be floating
  • An additional path has been made through some trees down the hero's home house
  • Hydro Jet should now be working correctly again
  • Hippogryph above Windfell should be flying once again
  • Solved a bug with AIDS when selling items with bag
  • Solved a bug with TTBars (casting bar) when killing a casting unit
  • Credits is now updated, all resources authors have been tracked as far as possible and added
v12.04.29
  • Items now require a minimum level, this is also displayed in item tooltip
  • All abilities now have an unique hotkey
  • Inner Courage now increases threat done by damage by 50% up from 35%
  • Taunt now generates additional threat equal to 3x hero level up from 2x hero level
  • Intimidation Shout now generates slightly more threat
  • Pathing of some rocks near Windfell fixed
  • Quest text dialogs from some quests in Bridgewater improved
v12.04.23
  • Added vendor items, who carry no stats but earn you some coin
  • Items are now bound to player when saving/loading
  • Resolved a bug with Heal not working
  • Loading a hero should now no longer bug non started quests
  • Resolved a bug with Summon: Hawk
  • Display text of save code now displays longer (30 secs)
  • Disabled some debug stuff that shouldn't be in-game
v12.04.18
  • Initial Public Release

Upcoming
  • More quests
  • New abilities
  • Dungeon 3
  • More items
  • Bugfixing and balancing: priority
  • Additional stuff in the world (gatherable plants, etc)

Game is optimized and can't be opened by WC3 editor.
Make sure you have texture quality on highest.

v13.02.26

Keywords:
Gems, Unification, ORPG, RPG, Gaia's, Retaliation, Hero, Multiplayer, Epic, Terrain, Class
Contents

Gems of Unification v13.02.26 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/May/26 20:15:05 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall...
Level 2
Idk if this are Bug.. but...

When we take Max lvl (50), the "birthsigh" are reset.. And you can no longer do the quest to get it back.

Level 3
I want to report a serious bug..
The Raven's Wing Improved gives no dmg/stats or anything...
Vengeance Improved doesn't give dmg/stats or anything...
Plz fix them :D

Level 3
I don't know..I've seen a player using it and he was like Why it doesn't work..But he didn't actually care that much..But I wanted to post it here :p

Level 2
The Troll Warlord is bugged again. : /
He doesn't regain his health so you can't defeat him again to get another of his drops.

@Edit: I'm not sure about this one but it looks like the quest item for "A Lost Gift" doesn't drop anymore. I've killed those god damn crabs for about 45 minutes now and still no drop in sight. Either they don't drop it at all or you might have to think about increasing the drop chance ...

@Edit2: While writing about the missing quest item I unconsciously killed one crab and got it dropped. I've got the feeling that in some games the drop chance of all quest items changes to either dropping like hell or not dropping at all.
Yesterday's game was real easy because all quest items dropped right away (every or every second creep dropped) but today it takes much more creeps to kill.

Level 10
I'm glad someone could take advantage of this.
I just recommend not using too much of the systems I wrote for that open source version, as the open source version is almost 2 years old and almost all of the systems had flaws I fixed much later in the revival process of the map.

You'll probably be better off rewriting most of the stuff or taking resources from the hive's JASS and spells section and just use the map as a collection of models and object data.

The inventory system should probably work fine, the threat system is available here on hive and the quest system works flawlessly. I wouldn't recommend using anything else than those three systems.

I've used some more systems (like the weather system, fog etc). They seem to work fine for now ;)

Currently the only real ugly code is the large if/then/else block for spell casts. Im thinking about making it more dynamic by doing something like
JASS:
call ExecuteFunc("function" + I2S(abilityId))
And create functions for each spell.

Idk if this are Bug.. but...

When we take Max lvl (50), the "birthsigh" are reset.. And you can no longer do the quest to get it back.

Hmm odd, never seen this happen before. Is it entirely disappeared or do you have the "Birthsign: None" ability? Could you also maybe PM me your username (which you use in-game) and your loading code?

I don't know..I've seen a player using it and he was like Why it doesn't work..But he didn't actually care that much..But I wanted to post it here :p

The item doesnt work because it should be unavailable to the player. The player that had Raven's Wing is probably a hacker or something. About Vengeance upgrade not working; Ill look into it.

The Troll Warlord is bugged again. : /
He doesn't regain his health so you can't defeat him again to get another of his drops.

@Edit: I'm not sure about this one but it looks like the quest item for "A Lost Gift" doesn't drop anymore. I've killed those god damn crabs for about 45 minutes now and still no drop in sight. Either they don't drop it at all or you might have to think about increasing the drop chance ...

@Edit2: While writing about the missing quest item I unconsciously killed one crab and got it dropped. I've got the feeling that in some games the drop chance of all quest items changes to either dropping like hell or not dropping at all.
Yesterday's game was real easy because all quest items dropped right away (every or every second creep dropped) but today it takes much more creeps to kill.

Will look into the troll warlord, should respawn after some X time I guess.
About the random drop chances: I haven't changed anything there so its probably just bad luck.

Level 4
I want to report a serious bug..
The Raven's Wing Improved gives no dmg/stats or anything...
Vengeance Improved doesn't give dmg/stats or anything...
Plz fix them :D

ravens wings is not suposed to be atainable yet, its a d3 item , the only way to get it is by hacking or exploiting a bug, and all d3 items wont work improved anyway, noone is suposed to have em, and vengeance improved works perfectly, i can show u it on my berserker anytime :)

Level 2
Oh by the way, what does the 'Aimed Shot' skill mean when it says 'Deals an additional 100% critical strike damage' ? Under my stats, there is no 'critical strike damage' stat.. I'm just a bit confused what it means...

Ok I've been playing this as agility / ranger type hero, and he seems useless man!
He has no damage at all :(
Doesnt seem to be doing much crits either?? :(

Last edited:
Level 10
Today my buddy and I may have found a bug. The Butcher would not respawn after we have killed him.

Ill look into this but keep in mind that dungeon bosses have a longer respawn time than normal creeps.

Hey map maker, any ETA on next update? (possibly Act 4?) Not trying to rush you at all, just wondering if you had any plans yet. . .

First have to finish dungeon 3 before act 4, no eta yet sorry.

Oh by the way, what does the 'Aimed Shot' skill mean when it says 'Deals an additional 100% critical strike damage' ? Under my stats, there is no 'critical strike damage' stat.. I'm just a bit confused what it means...

Ok I've been playing this as agility / ranger type hero, and he seems useless man!
He has no damage at all :(
Doesnt seem to be doing much crits either?? :(

The stat should show when using the view stats ability, the bonus however only works for the ability damage. Please also note that critical strike damage is the damage youll do when you crit.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I've used some more systems (like the weather system, fog etc). They seem to work fine for now ;)
Yeah I forgot about them, lol.
They should be fine, yes.

Currently the only real ugly code is the large if/then/else block for spell casts. Im thinking about making it more dynamic by doing something like
JASS:
call ExecuteFunc("function" + I2S(abilityId))
And create functions for each spell.
I used the same solution when reviving the map by putting in a naming convention for spells, then just fired the spell functions with ExecuteFunc. However, looking back now this was not the wisest idea, as it kills the "Compress Names" feature of Vexorians map optimizer.

I suggest setting up a hashtable for spells, which links the ability ID to a trigger containing this function as a triggercondition and then just evaluating the trigger, passing the caster, target, X, Y, etc. parameters via globals.

The map I published back then also had the "begin spellcasting" event used for spells instead of a combination of "begin spellcasting" and "starting the effect of an ability".
The former is good for error conditions, as it happens before draining mana (except for instant cast non-target abilities); the later is better for the actual spell effects, as it's less prone to bugs, that's why I changed the whole casting system later in the process to use both events instead of just begin.

Level 3
Why i cant load my save code ? I've played today and save , now whatever i loaded , the game always crash and i 've been kicked out W3

Level 1
First: Great RPG! :D Let me reminisce about the good ole Gaia's days.

Joined Hive primarily to help you improve this map.

1: After you summon a pet, you can remove the spell yet have the pet still in the field fighting for you. You cannot use "attack" ability, but as long as enemy is close, the pet will attack accordingly. Mages can abuse this by constantly healing the pet, keeping it alive.

2: Hydro Jet can be used multiple times if canceled mid animation and CD starts after a set number of total particles released. For example: I kill a troll with hydro jet by releasing 7 particles. If I quickly stop animation by moving, Hydro Jet is not on CD. I use it on a 2nd troll. After 5 particles, it stops automatically and goes onto CD, because only 12 particles are ever released per Hydro Jet use. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Note: Phenomenal spell. If used well, deals 15x? sp. If terrible, 1x sp. Not sure if the max dmg should be that high, but it gives me satisfaction OHKOing the Butcher, :) I think dmg should remain the same however, as it relies heavily on position yourself in front of the enemy with a barricade behind it.

3: Like most W3 buffs, enable a time out flash feature on buffs/debuffs. So when 10 seconds remain on a buff, the icon on your character's HUD starts flashing. Will help mages time their shields better. :) (I'm forced to count to 30)

More to follow as I play more! :D

Level 2
can't finish this map. there's a bug with the two quest so i can't go to the next town.. the quest in the cathedral and the quest where you have to talk with the 3 man about the gems.

Level 2
It isn't a bug. This is where the current version ends. The map is currently incomplete. The cathedral and the next town are not done yet. The cathedral is supposed to be added in the next version.

Level 2
kill the turtle boss to the left of the inn area, it drops a weapon called sword of the dragon lotus fairly often. That's currently the best one handed weapon in the game. You can also either farm the level 27-28 spiders for an item called avengers plate which would intensely increase your armor, or run to the new town in act 3 and buy it for an amount i cant remember.

Frenzied strike, ensnare and shield pound are all irrelevant skills. Try and get seal of vigor and the damage reduction aura from the 2k skill seller, above the ice trolls. There's another skill you should have but I've forgotten what it is. Pretty sure it's taunt but that's just my build, really it doesn't matter, once you have enough armor you can solo everything any damn way. Savage energy is good too (found on the cloaked elf lady to the west of the elve town).

Dw too much about magic damage, nothing deals enough currently, aside from oges. The sword increases your resistances as well so that helps.

The King drops a better helm for you, the butcher drops a reasonable acc for you. After that act 3 has gear that can replace your shield, helm and acc.

Rank is also removed with each load, if you're still having trouble do the quest for rank 2 again, there's no rank above that currently.

I've spent like 2 hours with the spiders altogether, and they have not dropped avenger's chestpiece :(

EDIT: As soon as I alt tabbed into Warcraft 3 after posting this message, I continued farming the spiders.. and guess what item popped up?!
The Avenger's Chestpiece. This exact same freaky thing happened last time I was playing this game, a year or so ago....
I think the map maker has this website somehow connected to the game so that if you complain about not finding an item, it mysteriously pops up soon after that. . . . .

Level 10
can't finish this map. there's a bug with the two quest so i can't go to the next town.. the quest in the cathedral and the quest where you have to talk with the 3 man about the gems.

Thats the current "end" of the map so far, in a next update the game will feature the Cathedral Catacombs in which the quests continue.

I've spent like 2 hours with the spiders altogether, and they have not dropped avenger's chestpiece :(

EDIT: As soon as I alt tabbed into Warcraft 3 after posting this message, I continued farming the spiders.. and guess what item popped up?!
The Avenger's Chestpiece. This exact same freaky thing happened last time I was playing this game, a year or so ago....
I think the map maker has this website somehow connected to the game so that if you complain about not finding an item, it mysteriously pops up soon after that. . . . .

Hahaha, who knows ^^

Perhaps he's a little busy preparing us for the next act? :) Cmon, be more positive... comments like that won't help but make the map maker annoyed. And annoyed map makers does not = updates. . .

Im a little busy with my studies unfortunately, don't expect D3 any time soon, sorry.

Level 2
Thats the current "end" of the map so far, in a next update the game will feature the Cathedral Catacombs in which the quests continue.

Hahaha, who knows ^^

Im a little busy with my studies unfortunately, don't expect D3 any time soon, sorry.

By the way, there is a bug in the quest "A Warning sign". You end up having to go back and forwards between King Gullat and Captain Thomas :p
Or is that one incomplete? Just letting ya know, just incase it was supposed to be finished :p

How many acts are you planning to have?
Will the next one be the last one or? Cause there is about half of the map that is still empty ~

One last thing! For your upcoming acts, would you like me to give you some story / gameplay / quest ideas? I'm happy to do that; I have a very creative mind ~
Or do you have everything sorted already?

Level 2
Excellent map, put in like 30 hours in the game to the end. turns out its still under progress. KEEP UP WITH THE GOOD WORK!

Level 3
Bugs and more :p

Nice map I remember playing Gaia's ORPG but this map's customization features is way lot better. I love the birth-sign thing it drives me completely nuts.. wish it was not permanent :)....

I've been playing this map ever since but this time started to give feedback...

Bugs:
1. Violet colored items are not saved in the backpack (i.e. Soulkeeper staff) ... I haven't tried other violets but this one is sure.
2. When enhancing the item "Troll long tooth" (offhand weapon) the game crashes... and my computer says my CPU usage is at 100%, then screen becomes all black. I've tried it twice and the same thing happened. The item is a drop from troll boss (Rhasta) .. its a huge bug so pls fix it on the next update :)

Others:
1. I've noticed the gambler always drops the same kind of item over and over. (Captains helm (green), fine scimitar(green), etc... and scarab pendant(blue), crest of the moon hunter (blue), and the mage armor (i forgot the name) which is also blue... also the wolfs-head helm (blue)... these are all the items that the gambler drops...

My suggestion: maybe add a few more items (ecxept violet ones) and also add common items (white) to the list.... cause the word speaks for itself (GAMBLE) so there should be trash included rather than getting good items all the time :)

2. I was wondering how many violet items are there?? how about adding set items?? consisting of two or three items?? (just a suggestion though)

3. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GREAT MAP. I AM EAGER TO PLAY THE NEW UPDATE when it is uploaded.. anyway gonna play a new char after this and gonna give some feedback when i run into a bug again :)

PS: im playing rogue and im wondering how many skills are there (ability scrolls to be exact) for this class.. so far i've managed to get shadow dagger.. anything else ive missed?? aside from telekenesis (which is good for mages and priests)

Level 1
Bug report:
Stackable items do not save :( Tried with berries and potions :/ disappeared.

Level 5
Quest is bugged with Gullat III when you need to meet Captain Thomas in Amberpine Camp. You just report Gullat III Thomas is dead, then you need again to meet him again..

Level 2
Relax guys...

This project was abandoned by the second or third time already ... When it gets cooler the map, and more bug is appearing, it seems that the owner always ends up abandoning the project after these things happen ...

The old saying is right, "Everything is good, tough little" = /

Level 2
Relax guys...

This project was abandoned by the second or third time already ... When it gets cooler the map, and more bug is appearing, it seems that the owner always ends up abandoning the project after these things happen ...

The old saying is right, "Everything is good, tough little" = /

If you would carefully read what yuvixadun wrote you'd know he got a more important real life right now and didn't abondon this map and will continue it once he got some free time. Stop spreading these rumors please.

Level 6
a Question!
Is it up to my PC, when the progress bar [ON Loading Screen] Reaches the Letter "O" And war3 closes without showing any error ?

PC SPECS:
2GB RAM
3.06 GHz [Celeron D CPU]
7300GS [512MB VRAM]

Level 12
PHP:
a Question!
Is it up to my PC, when the progress bar [ON Loading Screen] Reaches the Letter "O" And war3 closes without showing any error ?

PC SPECS:
2GB RAM
3.06 GHz [Celeron D CPU]
7300GS [512MB VRAM]

Here's something from the faqs that might solve your problems.

yuvixadun said:
Make sure you have texture quality on highest, else the game can crash. Next to that, suggested resolution screen is 1920x1080. Small resolution and graphic can broke game or improperly display data. If the game still crashes after trying this try running Warcraft III in openGL by adding -opengl to your startup exe.

Level 6
PHP:

Here's something from the faqs that might solve your problems.

.... I have a Wooden CPU {Celeron D}, and the game crashes alot no matter what happens with the resolution / quallity.

Anyway thanks. If I am going to get a new CPU i might be playing this. [like looong time ago] :goblin_cry:

Level 7
Your map sucks!!1
Okay... Play something else than.
"then"

Terrain looks pretty good customized.
HOWEVER.

If a map only doesn't crash when you play in 1920x1080 display resolution that map generally suck.

Restore my code!!
I won't sorry, you'll have to level up again.
It is disgusting to bring this up to the public after your code wipe, silence is gold. Just stating that there is a code wipe in xxx version is good enough.

Level 2
HOWEVER.

If a map only doesn't crash when you play in 1920x1080 display resolution that map generally sucks.

HOWEVER.

If a map only doesn't crash when you play in 1920x1080 display resolution that map generally suck.

It doesn't have to be 1920x1080. Even a resolution of 1024x768 could work. You just have to set texture quality to high in the wc3 settings. Keep in mind that the game came out 10 years ago so it shouldnt be hard to run it in the highest settings anyway.

Level 3
Me and 2 friends played this for about 2hrs and really enjoyed it for the most part. The most annoying thing is that amount of threat generation by casting healing spells. I as a fully fledged taunt tank, could barely pull the aggro off him with all my threat generated abilities, wondering if you could tweak it to lower healing threat gen.

If the map is still being continued that is

Level 1
no exp

Are you supposed to get experience from killing monsters post lvl 15 or not? We were playing and somewhere around lvl 15 we stoped gaining exp and ended up at lvl 20 ish vs lvl 30-40 content.

Level 2
This map just amazing!Good Job:) But I have found a really big BUG so if you play like 1-2 hours your array what u using for floating text, etc. gets full and floating texts are not "Normal" also I think it's couse some other bug.

Please fix it! 5/5+rep (will be 10/5 if u fix it;))

Edit: Index/s needs to be recycled

Level 2
Must be finished:D

Sorry to be away for so long; but I'm quite busy with other stuff. This map probably won't be updated any time soon (as you might have guessed).

If you will have time for this map please finish it:ogre_kawaii:Best RPG map I have ever played^^Also I'm intrested for the end:D

Level 5
Dude I must say that my friends and I really like the save/load system you used.

No more tedious making screen shots and codes copied incorrect.
it is quick it is easy it is efficient, it is simply the best I have ever seen.

The create your own class system (as far as we could call it a system that is xD )
reminded me of TES series freedom of classes.

The terrain is glorious, but not on the front.
With that I mean it is not drawing your attention away from what matters,
"the gameplay" for both the player as well as the creator, something not all map makers
have yet mastered.

So far I have only played as a Warrior, with my friend rolling a classic tank.
A little suggestion would be to create more possibilities for hybrid characters.
say less equipment dependant and more varied stat dependencies in skills.

Like skills for 2 handed weapons that only require strength, while an other requires both
strength and agility, skills that make mage/combat classes more appealing.
(skills that benefits strength and intelect) etc.

But those are only suggestions of course, and feel free to use or discard them as you see fit.

By far the most enjoyable Warcraft RPG I have played
(after The Chosen Ones, but that is a Singleplayer RPG and a campaign ;p)
5/5

Level 1
Dude I must say that my friends and I really like the save/load system you used.

No more tedious making screen shots and codes copied incorrect.
it is quick it is easy it is efficient, it is simply the best I have ever seen.

The create your own class system (as far as we could call it a system that is xD )
reminded me of TES series freedom of classes.

The terrain is glorious, but not on the front.
With that I mean it is not drawing your attention away from what matters,
"the gameplay" for both the player as well as the creator, something not all map makers
have yet mastered.

So far I have only played as a Warrior, with my friend rolling a classic tank.
A little suggestion would be to create more possibilities for hybrid characters.
say less equipment dependant and more varied stat dependencies in skills.

Like skills for 2 handed weapons that only require strength, while an other requires both
strength and agility, skills that make mage/combat classes more appealing.
(skills that benefits strength and intelect) etc.

But those are only suggestions of course, and feel free to use or discard them as you see fit.

By far the most enjoyable Warcraft RPG I have played
(after The Chosen Ones, but that is a Singleplayer RPG and a campaign ;p)
5/5

This map is great and I really wish the creator could work on it, but I stopped playing long ago, there haven't been updates in a long while. And meanwhile, if you're bored might I suggest giving Gaias Retaliation a try. It's a really good map, just like this one, and we have our own forum here on the hive, so should you need help you can always ask the forum.