• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Gems of Unification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
gemsofunificationheader.jpg

Inside this game a plot slowly unfolds around certain gems that carry a great power. A power that has to be kept safe, in your hands.

Introduction

Gems of Unification (GoU) is Role Playing Game (RPG) which can (and should) be played in multiplayer. I've worked quite a lot on this map and hope you'll enjoy it.

This map is currently still in heavy development, but playable. Of the three acts the first two are largely done. Expect this map to be updated a lot over the coming months.

If you find any bugs or have suggestions to the map don't hesitate to contact me by posting in this thread. Together we can create a new epic map!

Features
  • 1 Class (eplained below)
  • 32 Abilities
  • 100+ Items
  • 4 Birthsigns
  • Threat & AI System
  • Equipment System, items influence your hero in many ways!
  • Attachment System, items are displayed on your hero
  • Save/Load System, keep your hero with you!
  • Indoor terrains, varying from homes to caves to dungeons!
  • Combat Text and Casting Bar Systems
  • Epic dungeon's and outdoor bosses!

One hero, all classes!

Pick up your weapon of choice, learn your own spells and do the quests you like. Your choices determine your class, allowing a whole new kind of customization! So will picking up a bow for instance make your hero a ranged damage dealer since bows provide a ranged attack and a damage bonus. Together with the ability to pick up any spell you like (though there is a maximum of spells you can pick) you can create your own class! Any combination is possible!​

herobuild.png

sc8z.jpg

sc7os.jpg

sc6p.jpg

sc5bo.jpg

sc4yi.jpg

sc3c.jpg

sc2hw.jpg

sc1hh.jpg

FAQ

What is this game about? What does RPG mean?
RPG stands for Role Playing Game, which in this context means you play a character that explores the world of Gems of Unification. You're pretty free to choose which kind of character you want to be.

In which aspects does this game differ from other RPG's, like Gaia's Retaliation?
I'll be honest, in a lot of aspects it is the same, it's just fresh, new content. In what aspects it differs are these; class customization, you don't pick a pre-made class with certain abilities but you're free to choose how you want your character to be.

The game crashes!
Make sure you have texture quality on highest, else the game can crash. Next to that, suggested resolution screen is 1920x1080. Small resolution and graphic can broke game or improperly display data.

Help, I can't save in singleplayer! Why is this?!
In order to prevent people from cheating their character up I've disabled saving in singleplayer.

My save code doesn't work.
Make sure you're using the same playername you used while you saved your character.

Restore my code!!
I won't sorry, you'll have to level up again.

I've noticed a serious bug, where can I report this?
You can report this by replying to the uploaded map at the Hive Workshop or in the post on the forums there I have for this map.

Your map sucks!!1
Okay... Play something else than.

Credits
Thanks to these people I was able to create this map.

• Testing: Ken Plattel
  • Main inspiration: Gaia's Retaliation ORPG Team: teh.fellow aka Playmo, Zwiebelchen aka Todeszwiebel, Shapy, muzzel
  • Models/Skins: Born²Modificate, Kitabatake, Lopaki, Dan Van Ohllus, Mr. Goblin, DerReaper2, xXm0rpH3usXx, Pyritie, Mc !, Chriz., JetFangInferno, Vuen, olofmoleman, Nasrudin, jatter2, Kitabatake, Thrikodius, , ikillforeyou, Sunchips & dirtytricks
  • AIDS and Damage detection: Jesus4Lyf
  • DayNightFog System: Viikuna
  • Bag System: muzzel
  • Save/Load: AceHart
  • Spell: Paladon
  • Hive Workshop in general, the community

Please contact me when we left you out on credits.

Changelog

v12.05.20
  • A lot of exploits and bugs have been fixed, because of this earlier save codes do not work with this new version, I apologize
  • The game can now be saved in singleplayer LAN games!
  • Two new commands have been added: -roll (displaying a random number between 1 and 100) and -clear (clears all text messages)
  • View Stats, Rest and Spellbook now have their hotkeys displayed in their tooltip
  • When playing the game in singleplayer an ingame message is displayed at the start of a game that saving has been disabled
  • An aweful lot of bugs concerning loading a character have been solved (Birthsigns disappearing, faction choice for tauren/centaur, etc)
  • Mana cost of a lot of abilities have been rescaled
  • Deadly Poison now deals 1x Agility down from 1.5x Agility
  • Gold cost for improving items increased and now dependant on item quality as it should be
  • Gold cost for recipes reduced
  • Birthsign quest is no longer available if you already have a birthsign
  • Improving high leveled items should no longer cause disappearing stats
  • All bugs concerning bows becoming melee items have been resolved
  • Slaying the last boss of dungeon 1 (Mother) prematurely no longer causes the quest to bug
  • Higher ranks should no longer collide with lower ranks when obtained
  • Guard next to the ambassador in the centaur camp now has proper talk text
  • Solved a bug concerning destroying troll huts with multiple players
  • Solved a desync bug with Lost Merchandise quest
  • A preview image has been added
v12.05.07
  • Bug fixed concerning equiping improved items and colliding item classes
  • Two new Birthsigns added, check them out!
  • Terraining improvements like Army Encampment in the northeast, grass pitching and bridge between Act I and Act II
  • Heroes now have normal names now
v12.05.07
  • Herbalism has been added, you can now gather berries from bushes and convert them into potions, more to be added in the future
  • Improve Items has been added, you can now (for a fee) improve your items, increasing their stats
  • All desync issues should now be solved, the problem was found and fixed
  • Three new abilities have been added, they drop off dungeon 1 bosses or dungeon 2 trash creeps
  • Unlearn Skills has been added, you can now reset (for a free) all skill points of your hero
  • A Sign From the Stars / Foreign Market can now both be started without having completed their pre-quests
  • Troll Cookbooks will no longer be floating
  • An additional path has been made through some trees down the hero's home house
  • Hydro Jet should now be working correctly again
  • Hippogryph above Windfell should be flying once again
  • Solved a bug with AIDS when selling items with bag
  • Solved a bug with TTBars (casting bar) when killing a casting unit
  • Credits is now updated, all resources authors have been tracked as far as possible and added
v12.04.29
  • Items now require a minimum level, this is also displayed in item tooltip
  • All abilities now have an unique hotkey
  • Inner Courage now increases threat done by damage by 50% up from 35%
  • Taunt now generates additional threat equal to 3x hero level up from 2x hero level
  • Intimidation Shout now generates slightly more threat
  • Pathing of some rocks near Windfell fixed
  • Quest text dialogs from some quests in Bridgewater improved
v12.04.23
  • Added vendor items, who carry no stats but earn you some coin
  • Items are now bound to player when saving/loading
  • Resolved a bug with Heal not working
  • Loading a hero should now no longer bug non started quests
  • Resolved a bug with Summon: Hawk
  • Display text of save code now displays longer (30 secs)
  • Disabled some debug stuff that shouldn't be in-game
v12.04.18
  • Initial Public Release

Upcoming
  • Act III
  • More quests
  • New abilities
  • Dungeon 3
  • More items
  • Bugfixing and balancing -> priority
  • Additional stuff in the world (gatherable plants, etc)

Game is optimized and can't be opened by WC3 editor.
Make sure you have texture quality on highest.

Download Gems of Unification
v12.05.20

Last edited:
Level 7
Guys, why you make RPG by Pattern? Already I see a similar theme and the same model system and the landscape.

Level 10
Guys, why you make RPG by Pattern? Already I see a similar theme and the same model system and the landscape.

Though you're right about the doodad models this map does have some uniqueness. Items and spells determine your hero's role in a group, there are no prefab classes, so you can create your own hero with for instance a bow and fire spells, or a rogue with healing skills.

About the models; they're about the only really high quality doodads available, they're from the High-res pack from Born²Modificate. For that reason you see them often.

I hope that you try the map out, because in my opinion it's worth a try.

Level 7
Even a well-known model of the pack can be applied unusually. Look at TKOK. Everything is almost standard, but what detail and atmosphere!

Level 7
Why do deers invulnerable? I want to kill the deers!1!1!!!!
Not interested in running for a half-empty world. Add the plants that can be collected, the various treasures protected by monsters, traps.

Level 10
Even a well-known model of the pack can be applied unusually. Look at TKOK. Everything is almost standard, but what detail and atmosphere!

Sure, I've tried to do that at certain places in this map, the screenshots only show a tiny part of it, you might want to check it out.

Why do deers invulnerable? I want to kill the deers!1!1!!!!
Not interested in running for a half-empty world. Add the plants that can be collected, the various treasures protected by monsters, traps.

Good suggestion, I'll write it down.

Level 10
New version out!

Changelog
v12.04.23
  • Added vendor items, who carry no stats but earn you some coin
  • Items are now bound to player when saving/loading
  • Resolved a bug with Heal not working
  • Loading a hero should now no longer bug non started quests
  • Resolved a bug with Summon: Hawk
  • Display text of save code now displays longer (30 secs)
  • Disabled some debug stuff that shouldn't be in-game

Level 10
Minor update, still mostly balance/bug fixes, bigger update is coming.

Changelog
v12.04.29
  • Items now require a minimum level, this is also displayed in item tooltip
  • All abilities now have an unique hotkey
  • Inner Courage now increases threat done by damage by 50% up from 35%
  • Taunt now generates additional threat equal to 3x hero level up from 2x hero level
  • Intimidation Shout now generates slightly more threat
  • Pathing of some rocks near Windfell fixed
  • Quest text dialogs from some quests in Bridgewater improved

Level 10
Quite an update, check it out! :)

Changelog
v12.05.07
  • Herbalism has been added, you can now gather berries from bushes and convert them into potions, more to be added in the future
  • Improve Items has been added, you can now (for a fee) improve your items, increasing their stats
  • All desync issues should now be solved, the problem was found and fixed
  • Three new abilities have been added, they drop off dungeon 1 bosses or dungeon 2 trash creeps
  • Unlearn Skills has been added, you can now reset (for a free) all skill points of your hero
  • A Sign From the Stars / Foreign Market can now both be started without having completed their pre-quests
  • Troll Cookbooks will no longer be floating
  • An additional path has been made through some trees down the hero's home house
  • Hydro Jet should now be working correctly again
  • Hippogryph above Windfell should be flying once again
  • Solved a bug with AIDS when selling items with bag
  • Solved a bug with TTBars (casting bar) when killing a casting unit
  • Credits is now updated, all resources authors have been tracked as far as possible and added

Edit: quick update included.

Last edited:
Level 10
Quick hotfix uploaded! More is coming.

Changelog
v12.05.07
  • Bug fixed concerning equiping improved items and colliding item classes
  • Two new Birthsigns added, check them out!
  • Terraining improvements like Army Encampment in the northeast, grass pitching and bridge between Act I and Act II
  • Heroes now have normal names now

Level 10
Large patch solving a lot of bugs.

Changelog
v12.05.20
  • A lot of exploits and bugs have been fixed, because of this earlier save codes do not work with this new version, I apologize
  • The game can now be played in singleplayer LAN games!
  • Two new commands have been added: -roll (displaying a random number between 1 and 100) and -clear (clears all text messages)
  • View Stats, Rest and Spellbook now have their hotkeys displayed in their tooltip
  • When playing the game in singleplayer an ingame message is displayed at the start of a game that saving has been disabled
  • An aweful lot of bugs concerning loading a character have been solved (Birthsigns disappearing, faction choice for tauren/centaur, etc)
  • Mana cost of a lot of abilities have been rescaled
  • Deadly Poison now deals 1x Agility down from 1.5x Agility
  • Gold cost for improving items increased and now dependant on item quality as it should be
  • Gold cost for recipes reduced
  • Birthsign quest is no longer available if you already have a birthsign
  • Improving high leveled items should no longer cause disappearing stats
  • All bugs concerning bows becoming melee items have been resolved
  • Slaying the last boss of dungeon 1 (Mother) prematurely no longer causes the quest to bug
  • Higher ranks should no longer collide with lower ranks when obtained
  • Guard next to the ambassador in the centaur camp now has proper talk text
  • Solved a bug concerning destroying troll huts with multiple players
  • Solved a desync bug with Lost Merchandise quest
  • A preview image has been added

Last edited:
Level 6
why do i have the feeling that u used the 1.1 version that zwiebel offered for free :goblin_good_job: whatever i like the idea of the character creation so i will try it.

/subscribed

Level 10
why do i have the feeling that u used the 1.1 version that zwiebel offered for free :goblin_good_job: whatever i like the idea of the character creation so i will try it.

/subscribed

That's true and I'm very grateful for it. I hope its fine with you that I've used it as a base of inspiration to create a RPG. In no way I wish to create a new Gaia's (or rip-off) because I won't get near it's quality in any way.

Hope to see 1.2 soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.