Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] Dark's ORPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Epic_Baggins, Aug 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Epic_Baggins

Epic_Baggins

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map has been in development for quite some time now and I've decided to get some feedback on it. I have created 4 heroes and a good amount of progression and items as well as a dungeon and 3 quests.

Attached Files:

2. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    From a technical perspective, it is good. You have plenty of systems implemented, from the backpack, to the floating damage numbers... That's the good part.

However, game design is really confusing. All the heroes are badly designed, they have just random skills. Paladin has 2 pure dmg spells? why? You run out of mana instantly...

It's clear that you are good at programming and stuff like that,you can make a great map but you need a lot of work.

Suggestions:

On the technical side:
    1)Give all spells the QWER shortcut.
    Reason: there's no point to complicate this...
    2)Increase movement speed for all heroes
    reason: It's annoying, all heroes move like old grandmas.
    3)Add a "commands" in the quest menu
    reason: modern maps shouldn't go without camera commands,repick...stuff like that

As for the rest, there's too much to say. Play other maps and see how they work. I can help you with the hero design if you want or give my opinion. I tried every hero but didn't like any of them...

3. Epic_Baggins

Epic_Baggins

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the feedback! I would like help with the hero design because as you could tell none of them were any good and I will definitely look at other maps, and I am willing to add in anything you want me to add in or change as long as I think it's not a bad idea.

4. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are so many maps! that's the problem :D when people play yours, they compare it to others that had years of work put into them...

Do you really want to make this map work? it takes a lot of time, months, years! but if needed, I will help in any way I can. Always wanted to help design a map! been playing RPG maps for years...

5. Epic_Baggins

Epic_Baggins

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have been playing them years also and I've always wanted to make one so I've been learning GUI and how to make maps and now i've decided i know enough to make one and I'm willing to put in the time it takes to create one no matter how long it takes to create. So ya I want to make it work and it would only make it feel more legit if someone else helped me out with the map

6. Epic_Baggins

Epic_Baggins

Resources:
    Resources:
    You have some very good ideas here but I just feel that they are really out of the ordinary and unexpected for an rpg and more fit for something like dota.

7. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    what kind of RPGs do you like? These skills don't seem all that wierd. The Black Road, the kingdoms of kaliron, Sunken city,guild of Hyppos...Just to name a few. Each have interesting skills, not the king you find in standard W3 maps

8. Epic_Baggins

Epic_Baggins

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I've actually decided to move to spell books where you get more abilities in the book as you level rather then just the normal 4-5 ability skill system of Warcraft 3

9. xXxMKDxXx

xXxMKDxXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does it have save/load functions? :D :D