• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gems of Unification v13.02.26

gemsofunificationheader.jpg

Inside this game a plot slowly unfolds around certain gems that carry a great power. A power that has to be kept safe, in your hands.

Introduction

Gems of Unification (GoU) is Role Playing Game (RPG) which can (and should) be played in multiplayer. I've worked quite a lot on this map and hope you'll enjoy it.

This map is currently still in heavy development, but playable. Of the three acts the first two are largely done. Expect this map to be updated a lot over the coming months.

If you find any bugs or have suggestions to the map don't hesitate to contact me by posting in this thread. Together we can create a new epic map!

Features
  • 1 Class (explained below)
  • 39 Abilities
  • 150+ Items
  • 8 Birthsigns
  • Threat and AI System
  • Equipment System, items influence your hero in many ways!
  • Attachment System, items are displayed on your hero
  • Save/Load System, keep your hero with you!
  • Indoor terrains, varying from homes to caves to dungeons!
  • Combat Text and Casting Bar Systems
  • Epic dungeon's and outdoor bosses!

One hero, all classes!

Pick up your weapon of choice, learn your own spells and do the quests you like. Your choices determine your class, allowing a whole new kind of customization! So will picking up a bow for instance make your hero a ranged damage dealer since bows provide a ranged attack and a damage bonus. Together with the ability to pick up any spell you like (though there is a maximum of spells you can pick) you can create your own class! Any combination is possible!​

herobuild.png

sc8z.jpg

sc7os.jpg

sc6p.jpg

sc5bo.jpg

sc4yi.jpg

sc3c.jpg

sc2hw.jpg

sc1hh.jpg

FAQ

What is this game about? What does RPG mean?
RPG stands for Role Playing Game, which in this context means you play a character that explores the world of Gems of Unification. You're pretty free to choose which kind of character you want to be.

In which aspects does this game differ from other RPG's, like Gaia's Retaliation?
I'll be honest, in a lot of aspects it is the same, it's just fresh, new content. In what aspects it differs are these; class customization, you don't pick a pre-made class with certain abilities but you're free to choose how you want your character to be.

The game crashes!
Make sure you have texture quality on highest, else the game can crash. Next to that, suggested resolution screen is 1920x1080. Small resolution and graphic can broke game or improperly display data. If the game still crashes after trying this try running Warcraft III in openGL by adding -opengl to your startup exe.

Help, I can't save in singleplayer! Why is this?!
In order to prevent people from cheating their character up I've disabled saving in singleplayer.

My save code doesn't work.
Make sure you're using the same playername you used while you saved your character.

Restore my code!!
I won't sorry, you'll have to level up again.

I've noticed a serious bug, where can I report this?
You can report this by replying to the uploaded map at the Hive Workshop or in the post on the forums there I have for this map.

Your map sucks!!1
Okay... Play something else than.

Credits
Thanks to these people I was able to create this map.

• Testing: Ken Plattel
  • Main inspiration: Gaia's Retaliation ORPG Team: teh.fellow aka Playmo, Zwiebelchen aka Todeszwiebel, Shapy, muzzel
  • Models/Skins: Born²Modificate, Kitabatake, Lopaki, Dan Van Ohllus, Mr. Goblin, DerReaper2, xXm0rpH3usXx, Pyritie, Mc !, Chriz., JetFangInferno, Vuen, olofmoleman, Nasrudin, jatter2, Kitabatake, Thrikodius, ikillforeyou, Sunchips and dirtytricks
  • AIDS and Damage detection: Jesus4Lyf
  • DayNightFog System: Viikuna
  • Bag System: muzzel
  • Save/Load: Nestharus
  • Spell: Paladon
  • Hive Workshop in general, the community

Please contact me when we left you out on credits.

Changelog

v13.02.26
  • Solved a bug where unattainable items used for the upcoming dungeon 3 (Cathedral Catacombs) were already available via gamble
  • Buffs from abilties will now properly be removed if they would have expired when the hero was dead
  • Moved some wrongly places creeps from ogre area to Cathedral Catacombs
v13.02.24
  • Save/load system removed and replaced by Nestharus, all related bugs are fixed by this (clones heroes, invalid codes, laggy load, incorrect items, etc)
  • Improved items will now properly be removed when an other character is loaded
  • Ranks will now also be saved
  • Origin of the Gems quest will now work properly and end with a quest to go into dungeon 3
  • The quest A Warning Sign will now rewards Rank 3
v12.08.07
  • Fixed an issue where summons could cause loads to bug
  • Fixed an issue where backpack items weren't properly saved
  • Fixed an issue where no save code would get generated at all
  • Centaur and Tauren creeps should no longer grant experience when killed while being allied to them
  • Intimidation Shout now properly applies AoE threat
  • Added an additional vendor in Windfell who sells common weapons
  • Lowered the duration of Bash for Orc Grunts in Act III from 2 seconds to 0.25
  • Increased the damage of Keli'dan the Breaker and Feral Swine
  • Seal of Vigor can no longer procc off Quill Aura
  • The King now casts Dominate on himself
  • Save codes now no longer contain spaces, making them easier to copy
  • Recalculated the shadow map, improving shadows on some places
v12.08.05
  • Elite creeps (dungeon non-boss creeps) now have their proper base health
  • Solved an issue with the quest The Chieftain's End
v12.08.04
  • Save codes have been reset due to exploits, these should be fixed this version
  • Solved a bug causing double hero stat calculations
  • Solved a bug causing Impact to trigger off any unit even without the ability
  • Items owned by a player now get properly removed when loading a new character
v12.08.02
  • The long awaited Act III has been released! It contains a new leveling area for level 38 - 48. This brand new act contains the following:
    • A whole new part of terrain, including the main capital Armadale
    • All new quests that continue the story from Act II
    • Brand new creeps which drop fancy new items
    • 7 new abilities
    • And many more things!
  • All save/load bugs are fixed, saving should now always generate a code, as well as loading should now always load your character fully
  • Because of save/load bugs, all save codes have been reset unfortunately
  • Mana per intelligence has been lowered from 15 to 10 per point
  • Base hero mana increased from 0 to 15
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Panda provides +30% healing done
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Dragon gives the hero a 10% chance on attack to deal additional elemental damage
  • Birthsign: Owl now gives +25% spell damage instead of increasing spell power
  • Birthsign: Boar now in addition to a health bonus gives +5% resistance to all types of spells
  • All spell power based abilities have their coëfficient reduced by ~30%
  • All creeps have their base health increased in order to increase difficulty (including elites and dungeon 2 creeps)
  • Player creep scaling has changed, health went down from 75% to 50% per player, damage from 25% to 10% per player
  • Gold gained by quests has been normalized depending on hero level, big differences in the supposed level and the hero level reduce the gold reward, experience and skill points still stay independant on the hero level
  • Ranks for the Armadale Army now give 2% dodge and resistance down from 3%
  • Gold sharing to an ally is now no longer possible
  • Ensnare is now no longer usable on bosses
  • Knuckle Punch can now be relearned by Innkeeper Valdr in Bridgewater
  • Harpy Hag now has two additional abilities to increase her difficulty
  • Internal creep recylcing engine improved
  • Creeps now spawn with a new fade in animation
  • Added additional troll huts for the quest No Home, No Future
  • Reduced the selling price of herbs (berries)
  • Potions and herbs now stack properly, there should no longer be an error message
  • Potions and herbs can now stack up to 10, increased from per 4
  • Fixed a typo in Master Healing Potion recipe
  • Fixed a bug that caused creep player settings to affect players instead of creeps
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the hero to stay in combat after surrendering the troll Warlord
  • Fixed a bug causing animation errors when dropping weapons
v12.06.12
  • The following bosses have gained a new unique ability to make their fights more interesting: Gareth the Greedy, Ember Skeleton, The King and Dragon Turtle
  • Both dungeons now have an easy way to leave them at the last boss (a teleport)
  • Dungeon bosses now have a shout message when engaged in combat
  • Added a notification when a player leaves the game, in addition creeps will scale down (less health/damage/etc)
  • All casting bars are now visible for all players (including creep casts)
  • Tauren and Centaur now scale with the amount of players as normal creeps do
  • Attack speed should now properly be displayed when viewing stats, this was a display issue only
  • The quest Stopping the Trolls can now no longer be started twice
  • Shadow Dagger debuff now properly lasts 3 seconds instead of just 1
  • Shadow Dagger will now go on cooldown when killing a unit with it
  • Solved an issue with Flaming Arrow
  • Gambling now always gives an item
  • Its no longer possible to gain a material when gambling
v12.05.28
  • Gambling has been added; you can now gamble for a random item by paying a heavy sum to a NPC
  • Quest items should no longer be saveable, which should prevent a lot of bugs from happening
  • Almost all spells which scale with Spell Power have their coefficient lowered
    • Protective Shield down from 7x to 6x
    • Arcane Burst dowm from 3.5x to 2.5x
    • Barkskin down from 4x to 3x
    • Heal down from 7x to 6x
    • Fireball down from 2x to 1.25x
    • Shadow Embrace down from 6x to 5.5x
  • Save files are more readable now
  • Additional quests have been added; one for Bounty Hunter Miles and one concerning Warlord Ula'elek
  • The quest Ain't That a Kick in the Head now works correctly
  • Troll huts that get destroyed should now play their fire animation for all players
  • Birthsign: Serpent now provides 15% critical strike damage down from 25%
  • Bounty Hunter Miles now offers different items for sale
  • Resistance should now work properly again, all bugs resolved
  • Barkskin no longer forgets its armor added when equiping or de-equiping a ranged weapon
  • Mark of the Wild now adds the proper amount of agility upon buffing
  • Mark of the Wild disabled icon has been added
  • Improving Furbolg Relic should now provide the correct stats
v12.05.22
  • Creeps now scale with the amount of players, with each player creeps gain +75% health, +25% damage, +15% experience reward and +15% item drop chance
  • Fixed an issue that could crash the game when playing WC3 with a different version
  • Fixed a bug with loading certain save codes that would not restore a hero correctly
  • Added a questgiver in Palemane Hills just after the bridge
  • Fixed a bug with the Murloc or Serpent birthsign being lost after reviving
  • Potions and Ability scrolls are saveable from this version on
  • Casting while wielding a two-handed weapon should no longer cause animation issues
  • The model of Gladius is now properly attached
  • Inner Courage tooltip improved
  • Pets should no longer become stuck near the entrance of dungeon 1
v12.05.20
  • A lot of exploits and bugs have been fixed, because of this earlier save codes do not work with this new version, I apologize
  • The game can now be played in singleplayer LAN games!
  • Two new commands have been added: -roll (displaying a random number between 1 and 100) and -clear (clears all text messages)
  • View Stats, Rest and Spellbook now have their hotkeys displayed in their tooltip
  • When playing the game in singleplayer an ingame message is displayed at the start of a game that saving has been disabled
  • An aweful lot of bugs concerning loading a character have been solved (Birthsigns disappearing, faction choice for tauren/centaur, etc)
  • Mana cost of a lot of abilities have been rescaled
  • Deadly Poison now deals 1x Agility down from 1.5x Agility
  • Gold cost for improving items increased and now dependant on item quality as it should be
  • Gold cost for recipes reduced
  • Birthsign quest is no longer available if you already have a birthsign
  • Improving high leveled items should no longer cause disappearing stats
  • All bugs concerning bows becoming melee items have been resolved
  • Slaying the last boss of dungeon 1 (Mother) prematurely no longer causes the quest to bug
  • Higher ranks should no longer collide with lower ranks when obtained
  • Guard next to the ambassador in the centaur camp now has proper talk text
  • Solved a bug concerning destroying troll huts with multiple players
  • Solved a desync bug with Lost Merchandise quest
  • A preview image has been added
v12.05.17
  • Bug fixed concerning equiping improved items and colliding item classes
  • Two new Birthsigns added, check them out!
  • Terraining improvements like Army Encampment in the northeast, grass pitching and bridge between Act I and Act II
  • Heroes now have normal names now
v12.05.07
  • Herbalism has been added, you can now gather berries from bushes and convert them into potions, more to be added in the future
  • Improve Items has been added, you can now (for a fee) improve your items, increasing their stats
  • All desync issues should now be solved, the problem was found and fixed
  • Three new abilities have been added, they drop off dungeon 1 bosses or dungeon 2 trash creeps
  • Unlearn Skills has been added, you can now reset (for a free) all skill points of your hero
  • A Sign From the Stars / Foreign Market can now both be started without having completed their pre-quests
  • Troll Cookbooks will no longer be floating
  • An additional path has been made through some trees down the hero's home house
  • Hydro Jet should now be working correctly again
  • Hippogryph above Windfell should be flying once again
  • Solved a bug with AIDS when selling items with bag
  • Solved a bug with TTBars (casting bar) when killing a casting unit
  • Credits is now updated, all resources authors have been tracked as far as possible and added
v12.04.29
  • Items now require a minimum level, this is also displayed in item tooltip
  • All abilities now have an unique hotkey
  • Inner Courage now increases threat done by damage by 50% up from 35%
  • Taunt now generates additional threat equal to 3x hero level up from 2x hero level
  • Intimidation Shout now generates slightly more threat
  • Pathing of some rocks near Windfell fixed
  • Quest text dialogs from some quests in Bridgewater improved
v12.04.23
  • Added vendor items, who carry no stats but earn you some coin
  • Items are now bound to player when saving/loading
  • Resolved a bug with Heal not working
  • Loading a hero should now no longer bug non started quests
  • Resolved a bug with Summon: Hawk
  • Display text of save code now displays longer (30 secs)
  • Disabled some debug stuff that shouldn't be in-game
v12.04.18
  • Initial Public Release

Upcoming
  • More quests
  • New abilities
  • Dungeon 3
  • More items
  • Bugfixing and balancing: priority
  • Additional stuff in the world (gatherable plants, etc)

Game is optimized and can't be opened by WC3 editor.
Make sure you have texture quality on highest.

v13.02.26

Keywords:
Gems, Unification, ORPG, RPG, Gaia's, Retaliation, Hero, Multiplayer, Epic, Terrain, Class
Contents

Gems of Unification v13.02.26 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/May/26 20:15:05 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall...
Level 2
I hope you understand that because this problem seems random, it's difficult to find out what is causing it. I'll do my very best though.
Of course I do. I just mentioned in case you might have an idea what causes that.

Could you be a little bit more specific? What ability did you try to unlearn?
Sorry, but I can't be more specific because the game crashed before the window with learned abilities opened. The very 'click' on the npc's icon was too much to handle as it seems.

Level 1
Hi there.
first of all great rpg, i definately like the costumization of your characters, so much that i spend the entire day with a friend running through :)
anyways i have quite a few bugs/possible nerfs.
Its gonna seem long, but definately worth to read.

- As we didnt read this page we didnt know that act 3 werent done yet, and we ended up spending probably 40minutes trying to run through everything, it could be nice to let the guards say that its not done?

- When i got to lvl 46->saved and loaded i had lost all my spells but the 2.5k one giving attackspeed. Dunno if its possible to fix but yeah definately a bummer to lose 7spells.

- Harpy boss is WAAAY too easy. Maybe you should give her some spells, or else increase her damage, since her damage is very low for lvl 36. We were 2 guys able to kill her from lvl 24.

- Game crashes if u try to load just a few times in a row, also experienced that my friend crashed because he clicked a few times on "improve item".

- Mages is as loads of people have said in this game, extremly overpowered. I think the healing is somewhat decent, rejuvenation seems too good for a lvl 1 spell, but still not too op. The dmg spells on the other hand is not working for ya. U need to decrease the amount of spell power it multiplies with.
Alternatively you could divide spellpower into healingpower & spellpower, and let each int only give 0.33 or 0.5 spellpower.

- The hydro spell(dont remember exact name - my friend was mage) can really bug alot. One time he dealt 70% dmg(2500-3000dmg) to skeleton king with that spell alone, if all the small damage procs hit him.

- Ensnare duration is too long or else the cd is too low, 2 archers can solo any melee boss without getting hit.

- Ice troll miniboss is an allied unit after being "killed" first time, which allow him to be killed over and over without taking any damage, if you just attack him since he will still drop items.

Low level quests shouldnt give xp to high level people. Basically after being stopped by guards we remaked and ran through all quests, and both went from lvl 38ish to 45 and 46, by only doing all the quests. Of those levels i guess 2.5level was from low level quests.

-I guess the lvl 23 agility armor is a little OP, as the upgrade gives +18agi (9% crit chance, 36% attackspeed and some dodgde), and can be found by the supereasy harpyboss.

- I think you should try to add more quivers, i only saw ember arrows and the buyable quiver from tauren/centaur.

- The taunt spell should definately be AOE, solo target spells is quite useless vs all mob groups.

- Either the skeleton mages or the skeleton zombies(skeleton zombies, yeah i know) should be nerfed/buffed. It makes no sense that zombies hit for 13-16 damage, while mages have mana enough for 3 spells of like 100damage each, and their normal attack aswell.

- An idea instead of having mages have no attack, could be to add 500range to the staff and just remove 1000% damage or whatever, so mages dont accidently run in melee range.

-Skeleton king is so easy comparred to the archer that makes the 200dmg carrion swarm, maybe give skeleton king a nuke of some kind.

even though gambling is fun, i think it ruins the game abit when i as a lvl 23 could gamble the cleaver at the banditmerchant before even encountering the taurens/centaurs.

If i find more things ill write continue writing, but yeah i guess its allready enough for one post :) If i could i would add an image of a potato wearing a hat.

Level 1
2 things more :)

- Just joined a game and reset my stats, which somehow gave me the player setting buff. So i took all str and i have +75damage now, pretty imba but yeah...

- You are able to send materials which is kinda sad, if you want go give a friend a good start just level him up until bandit merchant, send him all ur gold and he will have a blast ....

Level 10
Hi there.
first of all great rpg, i definately like the costumization of your characters, so much that i spend the entire day with a friend running through :)
anyways i have quite a few bugs/possible nerfs.
Its gonna seem long, but definately worth to read.

Thanks for your useful reply, I'll react to your points down here :)

- As we didnt read this page we didnt know that act 3 werent done yet, and we ended up spending probably 40minutes trying to run through everything, it could be nice to let the guards say that its not done?

Will do so for when Act III is released.

- When i got to lvl 46->saved and loaded i had lost all my spells but the 2.5k one giving attackspeed. Dunno if its possible to fix but yeah definately a bummer to lose 7spells.

Odd, I'll look into it.

- Harpy boss is WAAAY too easy. Maybe you should give her some spells, or else increase her damage, since her damage is very low for lvl 36. We were 2 guys able to kill her from lvl 24.

Will buff her.

- Game crashes if u try to load just a few times in a row, also experienced that my friend crashed because he clicked a few times on "improve item".

Okay, strange. Will look into it.

- Mages is as loads of people have said in this game, extremly overpowered. I think the healing is somewhat decent, rejuvenation seems too good for a lvl 1 spell, but still not too op. The dmg spells on the other hand is not working for ya. U need to decrease the amount of spell power it multiplies with.
Alternatively you could divide spellpower into healingpower & spellpower, and let each int only give 0.33 or 0.5 spellpower.

Already got this covered for next version. Two birthsigns will divide spell damage/healing.

- The hydro spell(dont remember exact name - my friend was mage) can really bug alot. One time he dealt 70% dmg(2500-3000dmg) to skeleton king with that spell alone, if all the small damage procs hit him.

Will lower it next version.

- Ensnare duration is too long or else the cd is too low, 2 archers can solo any melee boss without getting hit.

Noted.

- Ice troll miniboss is an allied unit after being "killed" first time, which allow him to be killed over and over without taking any damage, if you just attack him since he will still drop items.

Already fixed for next version.

Low level quests shouldnt give xp to high level people. Basically after being stopped by guards we remaked and ran through all quests, and both went from lvl 38ish to 45 and 46, by only doing all the quests. Of those levels i guess 2.5level was from low level quests.

I understand your point but this is done so high leveled players can still play with lowbies.

-I guess the lvl 23 agility armor is a little OP, as the upgrade gives +18agi (9% crit chance, 36% attackspeed and some dodgde), and can be found by the supereasy harpyboss.

As said, I'll buff the boss :)

- I think you should try to add more quivers, i only saw ember arrows and the buyable quiver from tauren/centaur.

Noted.

- The taunt spell should definately be AOE, solo target spells is quite useless vs all mob groups.

Probably won't do this. Tanking should take some kind of challenge.

- Either the skeleton mages or the skeleton zombies(skeleton zombies, yeah i know) should be nerfed/buffed. It makes no sense that zombies hit for 13-16 damage, while mages have mana enough for 3 spells of like 100damage each, and their normal attack aswell.

Noted. Will fix.

- An idea instead of having mages have no attack, could be to add 500range to the staff and just remove 1000% damage or whatever, so mages dont accidently run in melee range.

Not an elegant solution if I'm honest. I like the way it is now and probably won't change it.

-Skeleton king is so easy comparred to the archer that makes the 200dmg carrion swarm, maybe give skeleton king a nuke of some kind.

True, I'll see if I can buff him.

even though gambling is fun, i think it ruins the game abit when i as a lvl 23 could gamble the cleaver at the banditmerchant before even encountering the taurens/centaurs.

It's costly and the game needs a gold sink in my opinion. It's not possible to get unique items (purples) from gambling, so the best gear can still only be obtained through challenge.

- Just joined a game and reset my stats, which somehow gave me the player setting buff. So i took all str and i have +75damage now, pretty imba but yeah...

Already got this fixed for next version :)

- You are able to send materials which is kinda sad, if you want go give a friend a good start just level him up until bandit merchant, send him all ur gold and he will have a blast ....

Okay, will fix this.

If i find more things ill write continue writing, but yeah i guess its allready enough for one post :) If i could i would add an image of a potato wearing a hat.

Last edited:
Level 2

Never saw that dropping there, though I agree the harpy is indeed a bit too easy. Last time I played with my mate we killed all bosses ingame several times and only the skeleton king dropped that armor sometimes.

Level 4
you should add a shop to buy knuckle punch back after you unlearned it

hat of witchcraft doesn't save with white bandana..
and for some reason my hero says birthsigh: none and when i try to get one it says i already have a birthsign

Last edited:
Level 10
Hey guys,

Sorry for not updating this map for some time now. I'm currently still working on Act III and progressing quite nicely. Just recently I've solved the nasty save/load bug (was indeed the op-limit). Next to that most balance/fixes are done so now its just implementing stuff.

I've currently done over 50% of the terrain and created the first items/creeps/quests.

Here are two screenshots of a part of the new terrain (creeps are still todo):

screenshot1iyr.png

screenshot2nt.png

Level 2
Looks as great as the rest of your terrain and thanks for the awesome job you've done so far. :D
I'm looking forward to your next release and can't wait to quest my way through act III!!

Level 10
Looks as great as the rest of your terrain and thanks for the awesome job you've done so far. :D
I'm looking forward to your next release and can't wait to quest my way through act III!!
Well, looks fapable ^_^

yeah i've done all the quests in act 1 and 2 waiting for 3 now:(

Glad you've finished it, looks like you enjoyed it. Working on Act III as much as possible at the moment. The update list will be large ;)

Level 3
Hello, first i'd like to congratulate you for your map. It's really good =)
Me and friend finished act I and II and i know it was meant for testing, but i'd like to point out that from mid to end of the act II it has become waaay too easy.

And i'd like to point out a few REALLY serious bugs:
1-I played it with my friend and it happened that after we entered together at the second Gem of Unification, i could finish the quest and his quest bugged until the ghosts were reborn and he could kill them later, alone.

2-After his quest bugged, he couldn't save his character =(
Luckily after we found how to unbug his quest (him going alone to kill the ghosts) his character unbugged aswell and he could save it afterwards.

Need a replay to help with this issue?

Edit: And a small bug: on the last tavern of act II one of the guys who says that can make a potion with snowberry actually makes a potion with dragonberry.

Level 10
Hello, first i'd like to congratulate you for your map. It's really good =)
Me and friend finished act I and II and i know it was meant for testing, but i'd like to point out that from mid to end of the act II it has become waaay too easy.

And i'd like to point out a few REALLY serious bugs:
1-I played it with my friend and it happened that after we entered together at the second Gem of Unification, i could finish the quest and his quest bugged until the ghosts were reborn and he could kill them later, alone.

2-After his quest bugged, he couldn't save his character =(
Luckily after we found how to unbug his quest (him going alone to kill the ghosts) his character unbugged aswell and he could save it afterwards.

Need a replay to help with this issue?

Edit: And a small bug: on the last tavern of act II one of the guys who says that can make a potion with snowberry actually makes a potion with dragonberry.

I can happily tell you that the three things you just reported are already fixed in the new version, so once that one is out it should all work just fine :)

For those intressed; I've largely completed all outdoor terrain and creeps, just need to create the story and quests. Might postpone D3 for a future patch so I can release Act III.

Level 4

I can happily tell you that the three things you just reported are already fixed in the new version, so once that one is out it should all work just fine :)

For those intressed; I've largely completed all outdoor terrain and creeps, just need to create the story and quests. Might postpone D3 for a future patch so I can release Act III.
there will be a code wipe? :)
and any aproximate date of release or idea of time it will take?
i just cant wait i really love ur game is one of the best orpg's out there, and with some of ur time on it it can easily be the best :) congratitulations!

Level 10
there will be a code wipe? :)
and any aproximate date of release or idea of time it will take?
i just cant wait i really love ur game is one of the best orpg's out there, and with some of ur time on it it can easily be the best :) congratitulations!

There will probably be a code wipe.
I think the map is well underway and I'm making content quite easily, currently progression is stopped though because of some nasty crash with my editor (for more info: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/code-crashing-test-map-219910/#post2188854).

After thats solved I'll think it will be a month max before releasing Act III.

Level 1
I would like to Suggest if the Backpack can use HP Potions.

Well if you have a full Gear potions are simply useless >.<

Level 1
The problem is you can only use a Misc if you have either a Double-Handed Sword a Staff or a Bow. And then you cant pick an Offhand and if you have an Offhand you cant wear a Misc.

Level 1
We started playing with 3 ppl, then we made a pause (saved and closed game), then we decided to continue our game but 1 our guy was constantly dc'ed from a game after he was entering his code, 2 other players had no problems with loading. He tried to use another code (of lower level) - result was same, he was dc'ed from game. He was trying to host game (i was host before) - same bug, game instantly ends when he trying to enter his code. What to do?

Level 1
Hi there.

This happens to me.

I also lost my Birthsign but i can't retake the quest.

Last edited:
Level 10
We started playing with 3 ppl, then we made a pause (saved and closed game), then we decided to continue our game but 1 our guy was constantly dc'ed from a game after he was entering his code, 2 other players had no problems with loading. He tried to use another code (of lower level) - result was same, he was dc'ed from game. He was trying to host game (i was host before) - same bug, game instantly ends when he trying to enter his code. What to do?

Sorry to hear, I've made changes to the save/load system that will get released together with Act III, so hopefully this fixes your issue.

This happens to me.

I also lost my Birthsign but i can't retake the quest.

Will also be fixed on next update, thanks for noticing.

Level 2
For those intressed, progression is still going well. Creating all side quests at the moment in addition to indoors for city houses. There will even be a well hidden secret group (rogue-like).

Awesome :3
You think you'll finish act 3 till monday?

Level 1
Bug with guards

After a couple of quests, after the fifth city I think, there's a bridge that you cannot cross because there's some guards blocking it. I tried to do all quests in order and they didn't leave this bridge. Is it normal ? No it's not because I can see a little guy with a quest the other side of that bridge !

Should be a great idea to fix it or tell me how to move those guards !

Thank you.

Level 10
After a couple of quests, after the fifth city I think, there's a bridge that you cannot cross because there's some guards blocking it. I tried to do all quests in order and they didn't leave this bridge. Is it normal ? No it's not because I can see a little guy with a quest the other side of that bridge !

Thank you.

Sorry that I've made it so unclear, the rest of the map hasn't been implemented yet. I'll make it more clear next version, which will contain a new act, meaning you can pass the bridge then anyway :)

As current progression goes I think the new version will be up in about a week.

Last edited:
Level 2

Thank you.

Always a pleasure to help such friendly asking people. ;-P

Level 1
Sorry, I don't know how to quote haha, you said «Always a pleasure to help such friendly asking people. ;-P » I don't know if you are serious or not but I didn't want to feel unpleasant, sorry for this :p I could put some smileys but I was in a hurry =)

Thank you for answering so quicly !! :D

I got an other question, when the new version will come out, will we lose our save ?

Level 2
Sorry, I don't know how to quote haha, you said «Always a pleasure to help such friendly asking people. ;-P » I don't know if you are serious or not but I didn't want to feel unpleasant, sorry for this :p I could put some smileys but I was in a hurry =)

Well, it didn't really sound friendly. More like being pissed of. ;P

I got an other question, when the new version will come out, will we lose our save ?

Sadly yeah, there will be a code wipe.

Greetings

Level 1
I'm bored of gaias atm so I tried this map. It's pretty good but so many bugs. The problem is that you can easily solo pretty mcuh everything. Escecially mage types with enough heals and dmg spells. Looking forward to the new version. Hopefully in the new version these will be fixed.

Level 10
I'm bored of gaias atm so I tried this map. It's pretty good but so many bugs. The problem is that you can easily solo pretty mcuh everything. Escecially mage types with enough heals and dmg spells. Looking forward to the new version. Hopefully in the new version these will be fixed.

Glad you liked it. The issue you mention are getting balanced on next update. You mention many bugs, could you explain this a bit? What kind of bugs are you having? Next update will already solve a lot of them, but maybe I've missed some you noticed :)

Level 10
v12.08.02

New version is finally out, including the release of Act III. Note that Dungeon 3 (Cathedral Catacombs) hasn't been implemented yet, it will become available in the coming weeks/months.
Enjoy!

Changelog

v12.08.02
  • The long awaited Act III has been released! It contains a new leveling area for level 38 - 48. This brand new act contains the following:
    • A whole new part of terrain, including the main capital Armadale
    • All new quests that continue the story from Act II
    • Brand new creeps which drop fancy new items
    • 7 new abilities
    • And many more things!
  • All save/load bugs are fixed, saving should now always generate a code, as well as loading should now always load your character fully
  • Because of save/load bugs, all save codes have been reset unfortunately (wiped)
  • Mana per intelligence has been lowered from 15 to 10 per point
  • Base hero mana increased from 0 to 15
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Panda provides +30% healing done
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Dragon gives the hero a 10% chance on attack to deal additional elemental damage
  • Birthsign: Owl now gives +25% spell damage instead of increasing spell power
  • Birthsign: Boar now in addition to a health bonus gives +5% resistance to all types of spells
  • All spell power based abilities have their coëfficient reduced by ~30%
  • All creeps have their base health increased in order to increase difficulty (including elites and dungeon 2 creeps)
  • Player creep scaling has changed, health went down from 75% to 50% per player, damage from 25% to 10% per player
  • Gold gained by quests has been normalized depending on hero level, big differences in the supposed level and the hero level reduce the gold reward, experience and skill points still stay independant on the hero level
  • Ranks for the Armadale Army now give 2% dodge and resistance down from 3%
  • Gold sharing to an ally is now no longer possible
  • Ensnare is now no longer usable on bosses
  • Knuckle Punch can now be relearned by Innkeeper Valdr in Bridgewater
  • Harpy Hag now has two additional abilities to increase her difficulty
  • Internal creep recylcing engine improved
  • Creeps now spawn with a new fade in animation
  • Added additional troll huts for the quest No Home, No Future
  • Reduced the selling price of herbs (berries)
  • Potions and herbs now stack properly, there should no longer be an error message
  • Potions and herbs can now stack up to 10, increased from per 4
  • Fixed a typo in Master Healing Potion recipe
  • Fixed a bug that caused creep player settings to affect players instead of creeps
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the hero to stay in combat after surrendering the troll Warlord
  • Fixed a bug causing animation errors when dropping weapons

As always; feedback is welcome!

Level 4
great!

amaizing work! thanks i have been waiting for this a long time! ty for all the really serious bug fixes! just 1 thing :) i still thing that need some more 2 handed weapon based for "warrior" u mostly addded agi+int or speelcaster skills and just 1 based on physical dmg and 1 that kind of use strengh (the power rune) but any 2 hander skill /: exept for that ur game rules ty a lot!

Level 10
amaizing work! thanks i have been waiting for this a long time! ty for all the really serious bug fixes! just 1 thing :) i still thing that need some more 2 handed weapon based for "warrior" u mostly addded agi+int or speelcaster skills and just 1 based on physical dmg and 1 that kind of use strengh (the power rune) but any 2 hander skill /: exept for that ur game rules ty a lot!

Took a quick sneak preview? ;)
I agree with you, but currently Two-hander builds do fine I think. Will probably add some more love for them in future update.

Level 4
Took a quick sneak preview? ;)
I agree with you, but currently Two-hander builds do fine I think. Will probably add some more love for them in future update.

yeah xD well ill try a 2 hander with dragon birthsign :) may be really good at aoeíng later with rhino sweap and just something that i think that will be good later, an skill for mana at tanks and 2 "warriors" maybe get it when atacked? because well casters have allways ton of mana an agi heroes can get 2 each time they hit but they hit really fast, those 2 per hit are not enougth for tanks or warriors with our really slow attack speed :)

Level 10
yeah xD well ill try a 2 hander with dragon birthsign :) may be really good at aoeíng later with rhino sweap and just something that i think that will be good later, an skill for mana at tanks and 2 "warriors" maybe get it when atacked? because well casters have allways ton of mana an agi heroes can get 2 each time they hit but they hit really fast, those 2 per hit are not enougth for tanks or warriors with our really slow attack speed :)

Each type has it's pro's and con's, two handed guys have to advantage of slow attack speed over agility heroes with a fast one because of how armor works. An example:

Two-handed guy with 20 damage, each 2 seconds (10 dps)
Dual-wield guy with 10 damage, each 1 second (10 dps)
Random creep with 5 armor

Two-handed guy will deal 15 damage (20 - 5 armor) in 2 seconds (7.5 dps)
Dual-wield guy will deal 5 damage (10 - 5 armor) in 1 second (5 dps)

As you see, two-handers will generally deal more dps, however, agility heroes have to advantage that they regenerate mana faster. This way I think, the types are balanced :)

Level 4
Each type has it's pro's and con's, two handed guys have to advantage of slow attack speed over agility heroes with a fast one because of how armor works. An example:

Two-handed guy with 20 damage, each 2 seconds (10 dps)
Dual-wield guy with 10 damage, each 1 second (10 dps)
Random creep with 5 armor

Two-handed guy will deal 15 damage (20 - 5 armor) in 2 seconds (7.5 dps)
Dual-wield guy will deal 5 damage (10 - 5 armor) in 1 second (5 dps)

As you see, two-handers will generally deal more dps, however, agility heroes have to advantage that they regenerate mana faster. This way I think, the types are balanced :)

well seems ok so :) did u add any nice 2 hander weap for the nex zones? xD and upload it at makemehost so i can start playing with others xD

Level 4
if i load after i've already loaded in the second town and summon my fox my hero gets removed and my fox transported up next to a graveyard in act 3
and then i have to load twice to get my hero back and the game says this:
An error has occured while loading some of your abilities.
You already know that ability.

and i have a suggestion.. once you type -save it displays the code like this:
YOUR CODE
b9HP - VUGp - ZxYC - Ei6F - RdD9 - P1t6 - xtsl - 81kr - 4SlH - ekwA - czdJ - O486 - Z

can you remove the spaces so i don't have to do that manually?

Level 10
well seems ok so :) did u add any nice 2 hander weap for the nex zones? xD

Yes, a very nice one ;)

if i load after i've already loaded in the second town and summon my fox my hero gets removed and my fox transported up next to a graveyard in act 3
and then i have to load twice to get my hero back and the game says this:
An error has occured while loading some of your abilities.
You already know that ability.

and i have a suggestion.. once you type -save it displays the code like this:
YOUR CODE
b9HP - VUGp - ZxYC - Ei6F - RdD9 - P1t6 - xtsl - 81kr - 4SlH - ekwA - czdJ - O486 - Z

can you remove the spaces so i don't have to do that manually?

Okay, thanks for noticing these points. Seems double loading still keeps causing problems. I'll probably have to limit the amount of loads then :(