• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gate Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm using a gate as a unit to control the open-close in the game.
I have made 2 units, "closed" and "opened" and both of them have the gate model and correct pathing maps.

I have a problem with the "opened" gate. yes, the animation. I have made a spell based on "Bear Form" and triggered it that whenever we cast the spell, the "Death Alternate" animation plays but i cannot control it, the animation runs until I use the spell again. I want it to open once! and here is the trigger:

• Gate Switch
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Gate Switch
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Gate (Closed)
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s death alternate animation
        • Else - Actions
          • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s stand animation

EDIT: Actually it's not the trigger I'm looking for fixing, I'm trying to find a better way...

Unit's config doesn't allow to alter the pathing like in closing/opening with the gate destructible. At least I don't know a method.

So you have to choose between having a real gate with open/close, then use a destructible,
or make an unit fake gate with abilities but then you have to handle the pathing problem somehow else.

So your problem is with animation, that it does not run only once?

Unit's config doesn't allow to alter the pathing like in closing/opening with the gate destructible. At least I don't know a method.

So you have to choose between having a real gate with open/close, then use a destructible,
or make an unit fake gate with abilities but then you have to handle the pathing problem somehow else.

So your problem is with animation, that it does not run only once?

yes, it runs a lot. everything is fine but the animation.

Level 12
I'd probably remove the unit and create the opened one in it's place, and then the reversed later on when the close ability is used.

Or maybe one unit that wouldn't have any collision at all and instead you'd play animation and change walkability on/off whenever the unit uses the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.