Gar'thok Re-Reforged

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

GAR'THOK RE-REFORGED

This is a properly animated version of Gar'thok for Reforged.

The original Gar'thok is missing some animations (Stand 2, Stand 3, Stand Victory), plus all the cinematic animations of the Grunt (they are quite a lot, including a walking animation).

The model was developed for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged. I upload here because it could be useful to have a properly animated "alternate" Grunt model. You are free to use it. Credits are welcome (especially linking the project this was built for) but not required.

I added back all mission animations using Reteras Model Studio. List of added animations:
  1. Stand 2
  2. Stand 3
  3. Stand Victory
  4. Cinematic Listening One
  5. Cinematic Walking One
  6. Cinematic Standard One
  7. Cinematic Standard Two
  8. Cinematic Standard Three
  9. Cinematic Point One
  10. Cinematic Point Two
  11. Cinematic Point Three
  12. Cinematic Wave One
  13. Cinematic Wave Two
  14. Cinematic Injured One
  15. Cinematic Injured Two
  16. Cinematic Agree One
  17. Cinematic Angry One
  18. Cinematic Frustrated One
  19. Cinematic Headnod One
  20. Cinematic Headshake One
  21. Cinematic Idea One
  22. Cinematic Proud One
  23. Cinematic Shrug One
  24. Cinematic Salute One

INSTALLATION
  • Import the .mdx file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path:
    units\orc\garthok\garthok.mdx
  • Enjoy (note that textures and portrait are the same of the original Gar'thok)!
NOTE
The spell animation is a bit different now since it does no longer launch the mace to the ground. This was necessary in order to make all other animations work. For instance, I binded the weapon node to the hand in order to make the weapon sync with the hand in all animations. This required me to remove the weapon throw in that specific one. It was not that simple edit actually, and it took some time. Report me any bug or glitch in the animation you may find, I'll try to fix it if possible.
Previews
Contents

Gar'thok Re-Reforged (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Changes made, approved
Level 9
I always found the animation work very limited in Reforged. Instead of creating Walk 1, 2 and up to 3 ... Attack and Stand with variations if possible up to 8. Blizzard kept the same limitations 1 and 2 for most (lousy standard w3classic), forgot that the amount of animations is what creates the most realism in the models .
Congratulations for the work, I hope there are more like this, to enrich the realism in Reforged.
This will be extremely useful for me !!!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Level 1
Any chance you could work on fixing some of the other models that Blizzard / Lemon Sky neglected?

Animation Variety / Quality is Very Disappointing

The Rexxar campaign can be quite long if you play through the entire thing. Watching Rexxar hack away at his enemies for hours using only one attack animation just screams laziness and time constraints.

InsaneMonster

Hosted Project: W3RR
Level 21
Any chance you could work on fixing some of the other models that Blizzard / Lemon Sky neglected?

Animation Variety / Quality is Very Disappointing

The Rexxar campaign can be quite long if you play through the entire thing. Watching Rexxar hack away at his enemies for hours using only one attack animation just screams laziness and time constraints.

I will work on fixing them along with the development of Re-Reforged. Internally, I have already fixed Thrall Mountless (now it has attack, spell, death, dissipate animations, a fixed introduction animation, a fixed head bone, plus all animations from mounted Thrall), Medivh, and some others.

Nazgrel would like wolfrider animations too haha

There is only one wolfrider animation Nazgrel doesn't have, which is the Cinematic Walk One. I already have a fixed model for that, just internally.

I am wary of releasing so many fixed models especially because of the Hive policies. Some changes don't feel constistent enough.