• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gareck the Commander

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A small campaign, only one map, i have made. I hope you like it!
The very easy difficulty can be a little boring so i recommend playing on easy or normal.
Also try the new feature - The minigame!

Very Easy - Units have slightly lesser hitpoints and damage/armor is reduced too.
Easy - Units have medium hitpoints and damage/armor is reduced.
Normal - Units have nearly full hitpoints and damage/armor is default.
Hard - Units have full hitpoints and freaking much damage and a little armor is added.

Play as Gareck, a human commander, and try to save your two missing buddies. Use Gareck's abillities to defend yourself in the way to your buddies. There will be a few quests, some will be more challenging than others. If you think the map is too easy try a harder difficulty. When playing the map, look out for the hidden secrets in the dungeon. Finding the secrets will improve Gareck and his chance to survive. Any bugs, please report them. Thanks.

--Changelog--
+ Ressource uploaded
+ Fixed massive bug
+ Added minigame
+ More secrets
+ Better terrain
+ New difficulty added
+ New settings system
+ New Intro
+ More camera motion
+ Random explosions in minigame
+ 3 kinds of spiders in minigame
+ Balances made

Keywords:
Gareck, the, commander, campaign, mini, small, tiny, map, underground, dungeon, hidden, secret, dangerous, spider, spiders, keeper, of, divinity, mini
Contents

Gareck the Commander (Map)

Reviews
09:58, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Hmm... Everything is very easy until I was teleported by witch at some close place and avatar of vengearce killed me :O
The doodad you made for all map is crapy :S Spiders stack from other side and cant go uot from rocks. The gameplay is not so good, cuz of I can carry one item and kill just
spiders. Scenario was fine. Seems like from all of this you made map while boring :D

Well, a somewhat interesting map. Played it for second time to kill the avatar :xxd:
Tips on killing spiders - shockwave 'em. The 'ultimate' skill is useless.
Tips on killing avatar: as staring item, pick scroll (or shield, but not sword anyway). Difficulty settings do not overlay the avatar, so you can play on hard and still kill it without a problem. When encountering it, get ready to cast second skill (splash damage+slow) and simply start hitting it. If you got the stun lvl3, it bashes 40% of time for 3 seconds, and since you'll have lvl10, you'll attack once a second or more often, and chances that avatar will get out of stun are low (if you picked scroll at start, you have +3 agi = -0.06 cooldown, if shield = some more resist to attacks).
Some of cons were that most of enviroment is done by a single decoration, spiders are often spawned outside the playable area (so you can shockwave kill them without getting hit), and the lake in area with many spiders dissapears when your view is catching only a corner of it :eekani:

Thanks guys. The terrain is simple yes, but for a cave that doesnt really matter. Anyways will try to improve it. And about the spiders stuck, cant figure out why they stuck, they should do it :S And yes you only have one inventory slot, wich means you will have to choose between the items. Vadim, i dont agree with the tips on killing spiders :p The best way to kill them is Thunder slam. And the ultimate skills is quite powerful. You just need to know how to play it. Anyways, will try to improve the terrain and i hope i can fix the stuck problem. Thanks for your reviews. Reputation is given.
[EDIT] I have a little problem with my new feature. When i have fixed it, i will update and then you can check it out. Its improved alot.
[EDIT] Map updated! Check it out again, or take a look at the changelog.

Last edited:
Terrain is better. Some egg sack is nice. Spiders dont stack anymore :D
Minigame is good idea, BUT:
-Reloading when hero die???
-Spider spawn is very simple. Spawn at random time will be nice.
Also spiders can have diferent speed. Like small spiders run faster or red spiders run even more faster XD
-Explosions are good idea but spawn more :D like 1-5 or something. Use loops.

Terrain is better. Some egg sack is nice. Spiders dont stack anymore :D
Minigame is good idea, BUT:
-Reloading when hero die???
-Spider spawn is very simple. Spawn at random time will be nice.
Also spiders can have diferent speed. Like small spiders run faster or red spiders run even more faster XD
-Explosions are good idea but spawn more :D like 1-5 or something. Use loops.

Thanks for reviewing the map. But:

• A reload? Hmm it will be difficult to make. Will try it out.
  • Spiders allready spawn at random time
  • Was allready thinking about to make different types of spiders
  • Yea, could make some random time at explosions

[EDIT] Okay i've made changes. The only thing i havent done is the reload system. I dont think its needed. When loosing you can press Restart and choose minigame again.

Last edited: