• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Gameplay Constants - Hero EXP Table Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello everybody I need a little help with the Hero Exp Tables.

I have read Gameplay Constants - Hero Experience but it didn't really help!

exptable1-png.262590

What I want to do is make the Heroes require 100 exp for every level so it's the same value for every level.

The point of this is because the Hero exp is supposed to be displayed in percentages (%) when you hover over the exp bar of the hero
exptable2-png.262591

I have tried many different values but I just can't seem to find it =/
exptable3-png.262592

Level 23
You have quoted the formula, so why don't you use it?
Code:
"Previous value" * "Previous value factor" + "Level" * "Level factor" * "constant factor"
Now we try to insert your attempts:
Code:
"Previous value" * 0 + "Level" * 0 * 0 = 0
Code:
0 * 1 + "Level" * 100 * 0 = 0
Code:
"Previous value" * 0 + "Level" * 0 * 100 = 0

Each of these will return 0 for the next levels. So maybe look at the formula again and find what you need to change.
It should always return 100.

Level 20
Actually I came up with that formula as well but the problem was that I wanted the hero exp bar to always show 0/100, fill up and reset to 0 again
instead this way it shows 0/100 at lvl 1, 100/200 at level 2 and so on...anyway I guess there is no other way to do it, thanks to everybody for helping! +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.