• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
A question Zwiebelchen

The loads will be reset? Or will maintain without reset?

And will the version 1.1m (4) or version awaited and dreamed 1.2?

Level 6
I think that todez has explained many times that he wont code wipe cause he already did in the current version

Level 10
If the boss is done now it might be wise to release a beta test of the boss now that way we can test him the same time you are fixing bugs and if we find anything with the boss we can have them fixed in the same 1.1n version then instead of releasing a 1.1n(2) or (3) delaying the production of 1.2 :)

Level 13
Might isn't even a question s0ul. I've finished my classes, I'm not having another code wipe. There will be a beta. There will be.

Level 6
Why everyone so dumb that they dont understand that todez wont codewipe bcuz he did M versions with wipe for 1.2 and he said tat was the last codewipe

Level 5
I don't even mind a code wipe ;) ... but hey I got my classes ready :D. New Boss sounds fun, a dual boss encounter >:D, now some proper tactics r involved! oh Zwieb, please put a mark system please, just to help with CC and DPS please ^^

Level 10
I dunno I don't think it's that bad and it makes sense to me logically. You hire a mercenary and he takes 50% of the profits and rewards that's an even 50/50 Plus you still get 100% of the gold off drop items where the majority of money is made

Level 11
The majority of gold comes from drops anyway, or maybe its just me that somehow manage to loot The Wall every 3rd minute after the first one drops... :ogre_rage:

On lower levels it would be nice if they did not take any/less gold since farming for the first spells can be a real p.i.t.a.
Only for level 1-8 though, or something similar.

Level 6
back in 1 week. soul actually should give some ppl admins rights for the bot already he has my account for us.east.

and the boss looks interesting. kinda excited what we have to do and which new way of dropping there will be. (i guess depends which of the bosses u kill last)

oh Zwieb, please put a mark system please, just to help with CC and DPS please ^^
Already thought about this and it's on my todo list for 1.2.
back in 1 week. soul actually should give some ppl admins rights for the bot already he has my account for us.east.

and the boss looks interesting. kinda excited what we have to do and which new way of dropping there will be. (i guess depends which of the bosses u kill last)
I think the bot doesn't allow giving other people admin rights. But I got the account data for the bot, so I can make adjustments when its needed.

Level 4
Well right now none of you is in need for gold so you take it lightely. In the future when you will be in need for gold then maybe you will change your point of view. Mercenaries have been nerfed and their cost have been increased...... nvm we shalll see.

Level 4
I dunno I don't think it's that bad and it makes sense to me logically. You hire a mercenary and he takes 50% of the profits and rewards that's an even 50/50 Plus you still get 100% of the gold off drop items where the majority of money is made

actually you are right 50% also makes sense to me.

Level 3
hey
i just started up a new cleric and im looking for the place i could learn the divine shield spell. Last time i played it was really important and i thought the first trainer would have it but he didnt. where do i get that spell?

Level 3
oh and another question:

how are you supposed to beat the class upgrade quest (keep the soldiers alive) without the shield? It was hard enough as is.

Level 3
Well, that's not true.
There are bunch of priests out there doing great job without divine shield.
For the class change, I think its quite easy to manage all soldiers.

Level 3
It is. Ive been playing Cleric + Squire with a Mate before and once we had the Shield it went good. Now its just Bullshit. More then one Enemy in a Group means i die cause i aggro them all with a single Heal and have no HP even with Points in Constitution.
This sucks :(

Level 3
Were using the mercenaries. The point is, clerics are useless now. They aggro way too easy and die way too fast. That was ok as long as they could shield themselves, but now theyre just plain crap. Its way more useful to just choose whatever else and put a healer mercenary.

I think you can do pretty fine with twomanning most of the content with mercenaries.

Take the warrior mercenary. It's a really nice addition to the group and helps with offtanking bigger groups. Then add the troll or enchantress to the mix for some additional dps or get the shaman if you need some extra heals. It's totally doable.

Level 13
Right another one of these. Take into account that there are already, hundreds of bishops, who got their in various numbers, even potentially solo (which is indeed, fucking difficult BUT possible).

This means that, clerics do not suck. The skill is IMMENSELY overpowered, truth be told it still needs a nerf but limiting it to bishops was a fair choice by all means. It encourages a bit more work for the low level cleric which is important when coming up against later challenging, like the current endgame dungeon - The Ports of Mytargas, where a bishop probably comes down as one of the most essential characters. Learning how to cope when your shield breaks is important, even though you'll probably have mend.

Also, if you're having problems with agro, stand further back from the target, use only heal and do not attack at all, even with cripple.

Level 3
"Use only Heal"
thats the joke on it. Using Heal produces three times the aggro a damage spell does, on all enemies in the fight as opposed to just the enemy i damage.
Imagine a group of three enemies. My Squire Mate attacks one, the Warrior Mercenary the other. It takes at most two heals and the third enemy goes ahead and rapes my 120 hp in seconds, and i already put more in constitution than a healer ever should.
Splitting the Squires Attacks / Spells on two targets is pointless because ill just aggro both then.
Compare that to the Shaman Mercenary who pretty much never draws aggro and its pretty clear that the cleric in its current state is shit.

I agree with the fact that the shield is really strong, but entirely removing it from the cleric also removed any and all fun one could have playing him.
Its basically just a "Wanna become Bishop? Well, have fun grinding level 25 on level 4 spiders, if you manage to beat them at all". Beeing a cleric now, as opposed to before, is not a single bit of fun, as well as much less useful than a Bot that is just supposed to help out if you dont have enough players.

I intended to go through this map because i really like it, but we actually just stopped playing because the cleric is now unplayable without ridiculous amounts of grinding exp on low level enemies as well as loads of deaths.

Level 6
Man i dont even know why u complaining like seriosly who the hell can complain about cleric when hes like the strongest char of all gaias chars i like that they dont have shield anymore it made him less of a joke to play the way i see it is just that you have no people to play with and ur playing alone or just with another person and u will oviously have problems if you dont have a team to play if u had a team there should be no reason for u of getting any aggro

Level 4
Soloing until lvl 32 is doable with EVERY char. I did it with each char several times, even with a cleric WITHOUT shield. It takes freaking long and at some points, it requires much skill/game knowledge, but it is definitly doable. So if you complain about a cleric being weak, even if you have a squire and mercs in your group (i always soloed without mercs because they were not implented in earlier versions), then you are actually just unskilled (not meant offensive, but it seems to be a fact, sorry if you feel attacked).

Anyway, every char in gaias needs many HP, so does a cleric. 120 HP are damn low, because in the third dungeon, every char needs at least 350 HP to survive in boss fights. The main skilling on every char is (normally) full skilling into main attribute (for cleric int) and most of the rest of the points in constitution and for cleric, some in wisdom.

[Sorry for the bad english, it's a bit late here]

EDIT: Soloing takes longer now, because of the XP curve change, but in fact, this doesn't matter, because leveling is just slower now and soloing didn't become harder at all, it just takes even longer now.

Level 6
Yea okay you are right really clerics are terrible chars make something else bcuz cleric is too much for you

*sarcasm*

Level 13
"Use only Heal"
thats the joke on it. Using Heal produces three times the aggro a damage spell does, on all enemies in the fight as opposed to just the enemy i damage.
Imagine a group of three enemies. My Squire Mate attacks one, the Warrior Mercenary the other. It takes at most two heals and the third enemy goes ahead and rapes my 120 hp in seconds, and i already put more in constitution than a healer ever should.
Splitting the Squires Attacks / Spells on two targets is pointless because ill just aggro both then.
Compare that to the Shaman Mercenary who pretty much never draws aggro and its pretty clear that the cleric in its current state is shit.

I agree with the fact that the shield is really strong, but entirely removing it from the cleric also removed any and all fun one could have playing him.
Its basically just a "Wanna become Bishop? Well, have fun grinding level 25 on level 4 spiders, if you manage to beat them at all". Beeing a cleric now, as opposed to before, is not a single bit of fun, as well as much less useful than a Bot that is just supposed to help out if you dont have enough players.

I intended to go through this map because i really like it, but we actually just stopped playing because the cleric is now unplayable without ridiculous amounts of grinding exp on low level enemies as well as loads of deaths.

wat

Healing units actually produces less agro, if you're having issues, either they are dealing fuck all damage, or you're healing too much, so work on your tanks damage output/armor.

Honestly man, if you suck ass at the game, that's on you. There are ways to handle those situations. You and your squire mate should have no problem taking on groups. Maybe SLIGHT difficulty in d1, but if you're having THAT many problems, go level, the curve isn't that bad

This shit isn't TEVE, I'm sorry, but if you're going to bitch that the game is fucked up because YOU can't seem to finish it in one sitting, that's on you man.

Also on that note above there, the 'have fun being dicks' part
You've come in here and basically slandered a game we all love because you don't know what to do, what did you expect, hugs, kisses and an entire changelog to fix the horrific wrongs a massive community have done to your hero? If you cause shit, don't complain when it blows up in your face.

Level 3
One last time: Im not saying its not doable, just thats its no longer fun.
Anyway, if you disagree, fine, ill go find something thats not a grindfest.
I actually liked the map before.

Remember that dungeons are meant for 4+ players. Mercenaries were an addition aiming at improved singleplayer experience of the game, not meant as a replacement for players in general [in fact, I even think they are still way too powerful right now, but I won't nerf them again, as I don't want to add additional trouble for people playing with less people than intended].
Of course it's hard with just two people. And it's meant to be like that.

And I don't see how Gaias can be considered a "grindfest"?
You can soloplay all the way to level 30 in a couple of hours even with the xp curves heavily lowered after the recent updates. There is almost no component in Gaias that requires 'grinding', maybe with the exception of crafted items. But even those won't take longer than 10-15 minutes to find the required materials.

Level 6
I dont see why u say "its no longer fun" is same !@#$%^&* just with out the shield tat makes u unkillable until it breaks oh yea bcuz im not invulnerable for a sec the map is just terrible now......THIS IS A SKILL BASED ORPG NOT A NOOB !@#$%^&* GAME LIKE TWILIGHT EVE, DACIA, GOH, ETERNAL DARKNESS, ETC. THERE ARE TONS OF !@#$%^&* RPGS THAT CAN BE SOLOED WITH NO PROBLEM AND THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW WHERE YOU CANT DO THAT SO YEA GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :ogre_rage: :goblin_boom:

Level 6
Ya maybe i exagerated but it pisses me off that a random noob comes and says that game is bad bcuz of clerics not having shield anymoree i mean really hes just a goddam noob nobody has ever complained about clerics

Level 6
Is fun we just said that wristguards were too awsome to be a simple item all we asked was to make it legendary bcuz they are really good wouldnt it be easier just changing the color than nerfing them -.-

Level 18
Is fun we just said that wristguards were too awsome to be a simple item all we asked was to make it legendary bcuz they are really good wouldnt it be easier just changing the color than nerfing them -.-

he didn't had to do that he could have buffed something else that isn't as good.. maybe give the totem some extra armor, but why only nerf and not buff another thing.

Level 13
They didn't lose armor, they lost ARP.

Which, frankly, doesn't matter all too much. Either way, they are STILL worthy of the legendary title but I'm guessing if zwieb doesn't want to give them that, then we can wait for 1.2 where I'm 99% sure every class will have fancy new toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.