• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
surely zerker cant complain on hateful strike, deals nice dmg and stun, not like for thief:low dmg and req to stay behind ;p

and bishops are good dps too, even better than magician for single target with this quick x3 sp spell.

Level 3
Mind Control
"Turns an enemy unit permanently into a minion, which follows the commands of the necromancer. The unit will use its spells and abilities as usual. Can not be cast on dungeon units, bosses, minions and units with an immunity to this spell."

Is it possible for the minion to enter the dungeon?
if not this skill is completely useless in the dungeons, how about adding debuff effect (attack/ apsd reduction) to the dungeon units and bosses?

Level 1
surely zerker cant complain on hateful strike, deals nice dmg and stun, not like for thief:low dmg and req to stay behind ;p

and bishops are good dps too, even better than magician for single target with this quick x3 sp spell.

Are you really that ignorant? You must be kidding. Thief deals very little lower dmg y, but it stuns the target for 3 seconds whereas hateful strike stun for 0.5 sec. And that bishop has better spell dps than magician is a lie! If it's not, then probably you compared a magician with no items with a d2 equipped bishop. Also thief needs to be behind the target because he can with his stealth mode while berserker gets the tanking part if there is no better tank in the party

Last edited:
Level 8
I compare dps class as it is zerker and sin. both d3 geared, if u just think than dont post under tested note.

and Bishop has much more better dps than magician, "tested"

Level 5
Thiefs and rangers are needing a buff, they aren't getting picked for d3, ppl doing teams with cleric, crus and zerkers cause right now zerkers are the best dps in d3. My suggestion to buff thieves and rangers is to reduce their BAT to improve the dps.

Level 4
Thiefs and rangers are needing a buff, they aren't getting picked for d3, ppl doing teams with cleric, crus and zerkers cause right now zerkers are the best dps in d3. My suggestion to buff thieves and rangers is to reduce their BAT to improve the dps.

Reduce their BAT and improve dps is bad idea.. but i like your ideas *alots* but visually... if they reduce atk speed.. and become like more Berzerk/Crus type.. what's going to happen between their armor/etc? and fighting against LADY vamp Marks? surely.. you should know we need a class atk speed in order to fight her off :S

But.... surely love the idea to increase Rangers dps, since even if they max out agi, their atk speed gonna stay the same as monk with Sliver urn.

CAN WE HAVE BIRD FOR HUNTER SUMMON? :O

Level 5
Reduce their BAT and improve dps is bad idea..
I haven't said that, i said reduce the BAT to improve the dps not "and" improve. And what i meant is that right now ranger sux cuz zerkers can do same or more dps as him while having the advantage of the mail armor. And ppl often say i should create another class because everyone know that ranger and thief are the most underpowered right now but i'll sticky to my shitty hunter until some balance changes are made or 1.2 release.

Level 5
Well, who told you thiefs are underpowered? Because, that's bullshit. Assassins steals aggro as easy as zerks with heroic presence does. Honestly can we quit talking about this and just let Todes program a DPS system, doesn't take long.

Level 4
Uhmm... idk.. its just a suggestion.... every class has a role of their own.. you can't expect range deal tremdous dps... while she have net.. which last 10 sec.. its just... bleh... you know what i mean.

By the way.. for those who havn't seen the Bard dps, here your chances... and so i found this Bard guy who is lv.41 dealing 70-90+ dps or high more with his critical, His agi+str build is like way too overpower and some little cons, it was around 300+ hp, and it was really insane in D3, he killed off Lady/Andz with a Cruz + Bishop.. and i was like.... WTH??? and yes.. he has Full D3 equipments.

*It was 3-Man run*

By the way...that song.. is AWSOME! :D +12 str = Lv.50 and the Recipe was 0.3x per lvl.

Oh ya... i died at Lady.. attempt solo.. and got her to 3/4 and around 1/2 HP.... and oh my gosh.... Lady.. would you please just die.... :/

Level 8
Srsly, dont say bard is good dps ;p

cos assasin is better and assa comparing to zerker just fail

btw. i did 3rd boss with just bishop with no problems.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Due to some serious balancing changes that are required for Monks and some bugs I still need to fix, I will release a 1.1j version this week.
As I felt that all those "bugdates" are a little bit frustrating for the community, I decided to implement one of the new 1.2 spells per class too (at the cost of mana crystals), just as some candy to shorten the waiting time for 1.2 :)

However, the spell will be much more "expensive" than it will be when 1.2 is released (as it will not require mana crystals then). It's just for you powergamers out there that can't get enough of Gaias. ;)

Level 5
Beastial Rage (passive)
Your servant gains additional 25% resistance against all elements, Your servant gains 1 additional attack power per level and gains 15% attack speed, such as 150 additional HP.
If your going to add just one spell, pls add this one for hunter.

Level 4
Due to some serious balancing changes that are required for Monks and some bugs I still need to fix, I will release a 1.1j version this week.
As I felt that all those "bugdates" are a little bit frustrating for the community, I decided to implement one of the new 1.2 spells per class too (at the cost of mana crystals), just as some candy to shorten the waiting time for 1.2 :)

However, the spell will be much more "expensive" than it will be when 1.2 is released (as it will not require mana crystals then). It's just for you powergamers out there that can't get enough of Gaias. ;)

wut wut! o_o what's the change on monk?

*Probably the steel-body...*
*Prays*

Oh ya... if you're going to add the new spell.. would you mind adding Divine fist?

Original posted by Zwiebelchen
Monk:
Divine Fist (passive)
Successful melee-hits dealt by the monk increases elemental damage dealt by the monk to this target by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times. Duration: 2 seconds, but every hit resets the 2 second timer. If it reaches 10 stacks, the target will be hit by a burst of a random element, stunning it for 2 seconds and dealing massive damage. With "Steel Body" active, will also deal a huge amount of threat.

Level 3
We need lore advance, I kinda got bored after playing this game for 24/7 three weeks in a row, cant stand ogres anymore..

Level 4
Did 2 waves come at the EXACT same time? Or was your party simply just too slow, and the next wave started? I'm pretty sure once you start D3 by talking to Gaspode, each wave is on a timer.

Level 4
hey Zwieb, today at D3 occured the same bug from previous versions, precisely saying: 2 waves came at once

Oh ya... it did... it was around Wave 3-4, around almost 20+ creeps respawn at the same time... killed off 2 tanker before got any chances to heal....

Level 13
To be honest, I'm thinking bosses should have quotes taken from their unit for each spell they cast, or perhaps another unit as long as it works.

Something so all 5 players are aware that lady has cast her mark of vampire or inferno would be nice.

The succubus has a pretty limited quote pool but two suggestions
"I won't bite" for mark, seems close, short quote
"Take your punishment" for inferno

Another heros quote list might be more appealing. I just think hero sounds generate a better response for people that have trouble seeing the mark or the inferno aoe, especially with magicians casting meteors.

Another minor suggestion for mark, have an overhead icon for mark as opposed to the green trail. Something that is more alarming, the poison icon maybe?

Level 8
To much similar things to WoW with that...

and lady is damn easy...

but for fire lord its hard to notice it sometimes especialy when adds are vovering it.

Level 13
To much similar things to WoW with that...

and lady is damn easy...

She's easy when people get the hang of how to fight her, but for people adjusting to her moves, it could be a refreshing reminder to stop auto attacking and move

A quote from Blood Queen in Ice Crown Citadel (wow, wotlk)

EDIT: or was it "Just a bite", geez i have forgoten >.<

The quote comes from the warcraft 3 succubus

Level 8
Anyway why the heck every time i come up with good idea ppl make long off top?

Big flame strike mark is enough to make some1 move, if not that means he have brain delay or completly not focus.
Enlarging spell name is good enough, lets not change everything into WoWlike.

Level 13
considering the mark conflicts with metoer something should be done about that at least.

I'm all for audio warnings on spells, verbal or otherwise, the flamestrike has a minor sound already, Something louder or longer would be handy.

Level 8
There is something u should notice...

when she use mark than she also cast (red feeling up bar)
and when ure sorcer cast meteor she usualy still beats without any cast so u know its not the mark.

Thinking hurts i know, but sound warnings are for WoW dumb ppls...

Level 13
There is something u should notice...

when she use mark than she also cast (red feeling up bar)
and when ure sorcer cast meteor she usualy still beats without any cast so u know its not the mark.

Thinking hurts i know, but sound warnings are for WoW dumb ppls...

No need to be a dick, nothing dumb about a warning sound, they help people keep focused, an extra backup for when people aren't paying attention. The bar helps, but considering its the same for all spells, if people miss what she's casting via text, they could easily assume its another spell

A wake up call in a way.

when both marks are on the ground, where you move gets confusing, due to them being completely the same. A fix to this, is simply the right thing to do.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I will remove the meteor strike cast marker or replace it by something else in the next version.
However, I think the buff arts for both marks are perfectly enough to notice the spells. I battled the succubus a lot during the last weeks and never had trouble noticing the debuffs.

But I like the idea of the bosses "talking". Maybe not via text messages, as that would result in bothering spam, but maybe with wc3 internal sounds (you know ... those lines they say when you keep clicking them). Could be a nice idea to link those sounds to certain spells.

Level 13
That's what I mean, yeah. My goal with them would be for newer players adjusting to the strategy required with bosses like the succubus to get used to the routine quicker.
I've personally got a pretty shitty pc, and I often get minor lag, so an audio response would be a lot quicker to react to than a conflicting visual. It's also frustrating when she casts inferno and the marker is directly underneath her, I've had a few issues trying to move away on those occasions where I look for the mark and cant find it quick enough.

I consider myself a new player to gaia, it took me quite a few deaths to get used to succubus, xzero knows this well. The extra warnings that the spells offer could help newer d3 runners learn how to react to the problem at hand. Another idea, perhaps a visual of similar colours on lady and the target marked by vampire, so people realise that the 3900 she heals is coming from that little debuff square on your status bar.

These are just ideas that I think would help make boss fights more efficient, not easier.

Level 4
Issusing to Bard

Well.. uhm.. dont judge me wrong... its just bard need a little fix..., i saw this guy with Full D3 equipments Agi + Cons Bard, so i asked him the dps that he dealing D3, against mobs he mostly said around 80-110/ Boss is around 120+ critical per hit. (Yes both are with the song). He has a few comments about this Bard new skill/etc, and truly objection (Against) the idea of adding Song of Elements.

Song of Elements
Increases all elemental damage dealt by 15%, including weapon proccs and all other sources of elemental damage. Only one song can be active per target.

His question and reason: Will there be a weapon for Bard/Sin with element damage later on in the future? If it is, please reconsider about this kinda of skill, since Bard is already at high dps (i could say better then sin...in hand-to-hand combat) *Except the skill*. If it not, Bard would not be able to easy pick for D3 run, since those skill are pretty pointless, but its really great to buff up the monk elementals divine glyph dps.

There was something else he said about *why most bard item have int?? can those be count as to the Song skill also later on in the future??*

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Well.. uhm.. dont judge me wrong... its just bard need a little fix..., i saw this guy with Full D3 equipments Agi + Cons Bard, so i asked him the dps that he dealing D3, against mobs he mostly said around 80-110/ Boss is around 120+ critical per hit. (Yes both are with the song). He has a few comments about this Bard new skill/etc, and truly objection (Against) the idea of adding Song of Elements.

Song of Elements
Increases all elemental damage dealt by 15%, including weapon proccs and all other sources of elemental damage. Only one song can be active per target.

His question and reason: Will there be a weapon for Bard/Sin with element damage later on in the future? If it is, please reconsider about this kinda of skill, since Bard is already at high dps (i could say better then sin...in hand-to-hand combat) *Except the skill*. If it not, Bard would not be able to easy pick for D3 run, since those skill are pretty pointless, but its really great to buff up the monk elementals divine glyph dps.

There was something else he said about *why most bard item have int?? can those be count as to the Song skill also later on in the future??*
Whats wrong with this skill? I actually think 15% is a little bit overpowered. And I don't really see your problem? But I might add Int to the formulas for the buffs.

Level 5
Just one song by person, you can use a song in your entire party at the same time, but someone can't have 2 song buffs at the same time(they won't stack).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Maybe I can upload a new 1.1j version by the end of this week.

Some of the changes that will come with it:

- fixed shield slam
- there are no seperate passive skills anymore ... they will be treated ordinary skills and thus add to the active spellbook, which will be limited to 9 spells in total
- eagles eye buffed
- bosses now have audio feedback when casting certain spells
- new music tracks replacing the old oblivion outdoor music track ... this will add to the atmosphere a lot, as now we can create much more different moods with them
- parry buffed a little
- mana management rebalancing: potion cooldown increased, wisdom potion bonus nerfed, all classes now have much more base mana, but all skills will consume more mana now ... this way the impact of items and wisdom on the mana pool in lategame content will be weakened
- some other balancing changes and bugfixes
- 1 new ability for every advanced class available to be bought in mytargas for mana crystals and gold

Level 10
Which spells will be released early in 1.1j? Also now that Gaias is getting to the point where you will not be able to choose every single spell you want I have a question about summoning classes like the ranger. When you use your servants calling spell you end up getting an additional spell on your bar, I believe Whistle, So what will happen if someone hypothetically buys all their spells so they are maxed out then summons their wolf and are unable to get whistle because their spell boxes are filled up? Perhaps as long as you own the servants spell all the spells required to move the wolf like whistle should always be active on spell book to avoid any potential issues that may arise from that

EDIT: I bring this up because with the passive being placed in the active spellbox and if I had my wolf summoned that will place me in a full spellbook so if I wanted to learn the new buyable spell in 1.1j I would have to unlearn something, but that's only when the wolf is summoned. I would still have an extra spot when he wasn't and I could see that causing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.