• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Mana management shouldn't be solved completely by one skill. It should at least have some mana cost, but even then, the bard can simply inspire itself lol.

How about like a mana transfer thing? The exact opposite of life drain. Bards giving their own mana to others.

Level 13
how is purge or blood lust pretty lame?, it's a debuff and slow and the other one is a team based spell which is the main spell of the ogres/orcs.

They can just be a little different than 'purge' and 'bloodlust'
If anything they should be reworked to fit with the gaias world, dispel removes debuffs as it is. A slow and a debuff on one skill can work in more ways than just 'purge'.

As Wolfe said, the world of gaias may be different, in the end its up to zwieb.

How about like a mana transfer thing? The exact opposite of life drain. Bards giving their own mana to others.

Nah, a giant blue beam isn't the greatest song. If anything that could be a druid skill. I'm more interested in Ihaz's idea.

Level 10
what will have in the 1.1m? different from 1.1l?

Here you go:

GENERAL:
- Rescaled almost all humanoid units and npcs to match the environment more than before
- Fixed cam modes have been altered to improve vision
- Free cam angle of attack now changes by a small amount if a high mountain is blocking the sight
- added a system that should greatly improve fps
- added a wall on the corner above the Shade encounter to disallow a ranger shooting at the shade from the other side to its spawn position
- Fixed a bug where picking up an unsaved stackable material will render a saved stack unsaved
- Fixed a bug that prevented other players from loading characters after one player exceeded the 3-load limit per game
- Fixed a bug that sometimes perma-stunned units when hit by the "shockwave" spell (i.e. Lieautenant encounter in D3)
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sergeant Gaspode to be duplicated
- Fixed Divine Fist tooltip appearing green instead of red
- Fixed Divine Fist sometimes remaining on friendly units permanently
- Fixed the duration of water globe soaked debuff
- Fixed a bug with the Coup De Grace ability not having a higher chance to score a critical hit
- Fixed the spawning of Sergeant Deakan encounter
- Pets will no longer retaliate when pet or master are attacked by friendly units
- Fixed a bug where the Nymph sometimes tried to 'heal' dead allies, thus doing nothing in combat
- Removed Divine Resistance and damage (Merged divine and magic damage into the magic damage/resistance type as I felt those two types had too much in common)
- Combat texts are now true local code to make it less likely to reach the 100 tag limit in the game in large battles
- Implemented a new, faster algorythm for adjusting HP and MP on units

GAMEPLAY/BALANCING:
- All enemies will now reset their cooldowns when retreating/leaving combat (This fix was sponsored by: The Blazing Flame Corp.)
- Added a new item stat: spellhaste, a %-modifier reducing the casting/channeling time of spells (channeling spells will have a shorter interval of ticks) - down to a minimum of 0.5 seconds
- all spells that had a cooldown equal to its casting time now have a cooldown of 0.5 seconds to allow for consecutive casting with spell haste
- Units can now have negative resistances
- The unit level of Doppelgangers has been reduced to 28.
- The CON stat now grants an increasing number of HP per skill level
- The WIS stat now grants only 12 MP per level but also an additional 2% to all resistances per level

CLASS CHANGES:
- Lightning Charge now has an improved critical damage modifier of 200% instead of 150%

Also, for those interested: here's the list of "Talent Lines" for each advanced class (3 lines for each class with 5 talents each). Happy guessing what will be inside those lines. :p

Crusader - Leadership, Tactics, Defensive Training
Berserker - Fury, Dedication, Valor
Bishop - Tenets of Souls, Tenets of Wrath, Tenets of Guidance
Monk - Martial Arts, Peace of Mind, Endurance
Sorcerer - Conjuration, Invocation, Enchanting
Necromancer - Black Magic, Elemental Magic, Forbidden Arts
Assassin - Dueling, Ambush, Perfidious Tricks
Bard - Lorekeeper, Minstrel, Bladedancer
Hunter - Archery, Pathfinding, Animal Bonds
Druid - Preservation, Force of Nature, Spirits

Also there are rumors of a new world boss that will be within 1.1m and the implimentation of mercenaries which you can learn more about here:

Just to make it clear, as some people might still be confused:

1.1m will come with a codewipe. This is a neccessity due to all the features I implemented which need to be saved differently.

1.2 will not come with a code wipe and will be compatible to 1.1m as long as no gamebreaking bugs occur in 1.1m (or any exploits that I consider as a serious issue).

I'm almost done with 1.1m.
The only things left is completing the implementation of the stash, debugging it (multiplayer-testing all possible cases) and adding the talent system, such as the mercenary system (which won't take long, as they will use the same mechanic that pets use).

Actually making talents won't take that long, I suppose, as most of this stuff is only about adjusting numbers, adding some buffs, procs, etc.
It's not nearly as complicated as actually adding active abilities.

About the mercenaries:

Mercenaries will be heroes that will always be at the same level as the "master" and can be used to replace player slots. Only one mercenary can be active per player. Also, the total number of mercenaries for hire will depend on the number of players in the game:
5 players or more: no mercenaries
4 players: 1 mercenary
3 players: 2 mercenaries
2 players: 2 mercenaries
1 player: 1 mercenary

Mercenaries will not have an inventory.
Mercenaries will have up to 3 generic hero skills and will not be directly controllable (same mechanic as pets).

So I'm open for your suggestions.

Come up with mercenary names, probably the unit model used for it (must be a wc3 standard, I will not import custom models for mercenaries) and suggest the possible skills for those (out of the pool of existing hero abilities! They won't get custom skills).

There are a few things I probably missed here or there but this should pretty much resummarize the majority of the information we have learned over the past few weeks regarding 1.1m

Level 3
Code wipe? New changes that make bards more useful? New boss? COUNT ME IN.

EDIT: That is, if people play on damn battle.net.

When should we expect the goodness that is 1.1m, Zwieb?

I just need to finish my research paper until the 30th of november. Also, my band got a gig on the 28th of november, so there's no time right now.

After that I can continue working on this. I hope 1.1m will be out before christmas. If not, then I got plenty of time to finish it during the christmas holidays.

About inspire: Both mana cost and cooldown are not set into stone yet.
When 1.2 is about to be released, I will start a forum internal closed beta, releasing a map with cheatcodes and a removed save/load system, to allow intense balance checking on the new content. Depending on the feedback all spells/encounters might be worked over again before being released in the official 1.2.

I will definitely not implement a boss with 1.1m that is not thoroughly thought over. I'm definitely not adding half-assed content (because creating items and hand-making all the required attachment models is not worth it then), so if there will be a new boss, it will require extensive tactics and will get custom skills at least at the gaming level of The Shade.

Level 13
Awesome. I still recommend it's set before d3 then to cover that spacious area.

It would also be worth considering improving all other pre shade world bosses at some point then, as each of them is relatively half-assed as it stands.

Good luck with the papers and your gig, I'm actually curious and would like to hear a recording if possible.

Level 3
what I thought you were like 14

20 in a few days, sir.

I just need to finish my research paper until the 30th of november. Also, my band got a gig on the 28th of november, so there's no time right now.

After that I can continue working on this. I hope 1.1m will be out before christmas. If not, then I got plenty of time to finish it during the christmas holidays.

About inspire: Both mana cost and cooldown are not set into stone yet.
When 1.2 is about to be released, I will start a forum internal closed beta, releasing a map with cheatcodes and a removed save/load system, to allow intense balance checking on the new content. Depending on the feedback all spells/encounters might be worked over again before being released in the official 1.2.

I will definitely not implement a boss with 1.1m that is not thoroughly thought over. I'm definitely not adding half-assed content (because creating items and hand-making all the required attachment models is not worth it then), so if there will be a new boss, it will require extensive tactics and will get custom skills at least at the gaming level of The Shade.

Zwieb, I have a request. Can you think about changing the duration of bard buffs? IIRC, they're around 90 seconds, which is kind of short. No, Vestra, I'm not trying to be more lazy as I D3, I just think the duration is pretty low, especially if future bosses will take 5-10 minutes to kill. Not asking for drastic changes, just a 20% duration increase or so.

I like the idea of a new world boss, myself. Lots of potential there.

Another question: correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see a banking system in the 1.1m patch notes. Does this mean there's going to be another wipe pre-1.2 for the banking system, or does that not require one?
EDIT: I found S0ul's post that explained this. Fair enough. Will you provide us some time to beta-test 1.1m so we can try to find any serious potential bugs?

Level 9
Yea buffs are fine, since as it stands really the only two classes that Song of Vigour actually helps are Crusader, and Berserker, so that should be two people as of now to buff, and if you run out of mana while buffing, put more points into wisdom.

Level 3
Yea buffs are fine, since as it stands really the only two classes that Song of Vigour actually helps are Crusader, and Berserker, so that should be two people as of now to buff, and if you run out of mana while buffing, put more points into wisdom.

It's also beneficial to buff yourself. In addition, whenever I play bard, I even get sorcs demanding Vigor. (ihaz, or was it Box?) -_-.

This will especially affect the bard if you give Inspire a mana cost.
Just some food for thought.

Level 18
maybe zwieb you could give some kind of special gems/scrolls when beating different bosses that once you get them together the boss becomes active (Treant boss/Iron golem/maybe ogre warlord who accepts your challenge once you get those items?)

that way he will take at least some more time to beat (not even considering time that will take loot stuff) that could get us some fun before 1.2

Level 13
It's also beneficial to buff yourself. In addition, whenever I play bard, I even get sorcs demanding Vigor. (ihaz, or was it Box?) -_-.

This will especially affect the bard if you give Inspire a mana cost.
Just some food for thought.

To be clear, strength does literally nothing for magic damage dealers other than increase their auto attack crit damage and armor penetration.

It should affect the bard, the class isn't THAT bad. Having inspire in d4 could be lifesaving, we'll find out in later content.

maybe zwieb you could give some kind of special gems/scrolls when beating different bosses that once you get them together the boss becomes active (Treant boss/Iron golem/maybe ogre warlord who accepts your challenge once you get those items?)

that way he will take at least some more time to beat (not even considering time that will take loot stuff) that could get us some fun before 1.2

There's no need to make it an even longer process to beat a boss set before d3.

If it's after d3, I'm still against the idea. We don't really need a drawn out farming method to fight a new boss. What you're suggesting sounds like firelord again. If the items are consumed on activating the boss, reload for another round. If not, it's another few items clogging spots that might be needed for better future gear.

Sure it's potentially worth doing but I'd recommend doing it for an endgame challenge.

Level 3
To be clear, strength does literally nothing for magic damage dealers other than increase their auto attack crit damage and armor penetration.

It should affect the bard, the class isn't THAT bad. Having inspire in d4 could be lifesaving, we'll find out in later content.

There's no need to make it an even longer process to beat a boss set before d3.

If it's after d3, I'm still against the idea. We don't really need a drawn out farming method to fight a new boss. What you're suggesting sounds like firelord again. If the items are consumed on activating the boss, reload for another round. If not, it's another few items clogging spots that might be needed for better future gear.

Sure it's potentially worth doing but I'd recommend doing it for an endgame challenge.

I know, which is why it got slightly irritating after a while. :p

I personally like inspire, it was helpful for a FL gone wrong or a shade with druids who lose control of their dopples. Just thought I'd bring it up, I'm concerned about those 10 minute fights Zwieb is speaking of.

Also, I'm not really in favor of Darkly's idea either.

Level 9
Darkly's idea just sounds terrible to me, and the sorc thing is just joking around. Also the cooldown is so short, its not really a problem haveing the buff be 90s.

Level 13
i love how you guys want content to last more and then oppose to the only way to have a boss require some more time to defeat..

Nothing to do with that darkly. I want to see 1.2 have long lasting content, 1.1m can be roughly the same as 1.1L for all I care. Preparing a bunch of new characters is my long lasting content.

What zwieb does with the new boss is up to him, if its set after d3 maybe we'll see a difficult boss with new drops and a unique encounter method, but anything before d3 has to keep pace with the rest of the game. Theres probably room for at least 2 world bosses between sanev and shade.

Level 10
Personally what I think bards should get in the future is maybe some kind of channeling song type thing where players within the bard could get a very small AOE buff. It would require great positioning of the bard and even though he would be in a sense buffing the entire party he is also channeling so he would not be able to dps at all which would balance it out fairly well. You could even give them perhaps some debuff songs on enemies while channeling it to a target. Like target receives -10 armor or something as long as it is channeled "audience of one" or something for skill name. Sure you will lose a dps if they changed this way but it could make bards much more useful. Almost cleric like needed if the buffs and debuffs implemented are good enough to compensate for the loss of one dps player. the possibilities are endless you could give the bard like a channeling song with small AOE that allows casters near the bard to cast their spells slightly faster (a very insignificant amount but still could be game changing). I'd be content with just single target buff channels as well for a bard. It would force him to switch between who he buffs for what time and what instance. Like channel a tank for a few minutes to increase his defense slightly then switch over to the assassin in the group for a few seconds during some boss phase in order to increase his STR to boost his damage output then head over to the casters and channel an AOE for a few seconds to decrease their cast time and go back on the tank to buff his def

tl;dr I think bards should become more of a buff/debuff while channeling class than just buff and go.

Level 13
I think zwieb wanted them to remain a hybrid so they still make use of their combat abilities but at least one channelling spell would be neat.

As already mentioned in this thread: bards are gonna be hybrids in Gaias, which means they will never be "full caster" classes. So the probability of bards receiving a spamable channeling spell is almost zero.
I think that not being able to move around freely with an agi class does not feel right. Also, I don't want bards to move too far away from their roots. There are already two "180 degrees turns" in gaias, druids and monks. And I feel that this is more than enough.

I might implement another buff type for bards in later updates: Hymns. Songs remaining single target buffs, where only one can be placed on the same target at any one time, whereas hymns are AOE type aura-kind-of spells with a short range. Which means you activate the hymn and the aura gets active, you can then move around freely (maybe at a reduced movement speed) and perform other actions, while the hymn remains intact until replaced by a different hymn (or cancelled).

If balancing of Inspire turns out to totally fuck the mana management or make the bard class overpowered, I might replace Inspire by a song type spell with the same effect - which cancels a previously placed song on the target and prevents new songs to be applied to the target for a song duration (90 seconds).
That way, using Inspire always comes with a drawback of losing a potential buff on the target so that its not as much "fire and forget" as it is now.
But lets see how actually important Inspire is for 1.2 ... if it's alright the way it is, theres no need to change anything about it and we can all enjoy a useful bard spell.

Level 13
I like the idea of using the aura system for hymns, that sounds interesting. Much more adaptable than a channelling spell.

Having inspire as one of the songs could prove to be more frustrating for certain classes, as some buffs could be very situational, I'm not sure what you intend for upcoming songs though.

Not everything has to be a song of sorts, I liked inspire for simply the idea, the bard using it's personal skills to motivate someone without singing, something I'm sure a real bard could do as an entertainer.

Keep it as it is just watch what it does for mana management that's all I ask good sir.

Level 10
bard can do 2 buffs in one target... but he could have 3 kind of buffs... like that an buff aura active/inactive give a buff to all char around it in a low aoe but reduce movespeed and attackspeed of bard and 2 target buff only one can be used at the same time... so the bard have more effects and look more interesting for players... and look like more a bard!! :D

bard can do 2 buffs in one target... but he could have 3 kind of buffs... like that an buff aura active/inactive give a buff to all char around it in a low aoe but reduce movespeed and attackspeed of bard and 2 target buff only one can be used at the same time... so the bard have more effects and look more interesting for players... and look like more a bard!! :D
Isn't that exactly what I wrote two posts above? Oo

Level 13
vestra you make everything boring :<

I keep everything balanced man! Those skills can be remodelled for use in gaias at some point I'm sure, in the end it comes down to zwieb and I'm not sure he wants basic wc3 skills in gaias. I personally don't but that's just me.

Level 4
this question might be noobish but is there anyplace i can see change log for the new version?

How about looking on the few last pages instead of letting other people do that for you? ;)

Quote:
GENERAL:
- Rescaled almost all humanoid units and npcs to match the environment more than before
- Fixed cam modes have been altered to improve vision
- Free cam angle of attack now changes by a small amount if a high mountain is blocking the sight
- added a system that should greatly improve fps
- added a wall on the corner above the Shade encounter to disallow a ranger shooting at the shade from the other side to its spawn position
- Fixed a bug where picking up an unsaved stackable material will render a saved stack unsaved
- Fixed a bug that prevented other players from loading characters after one player exceeded the 3-load limit per game
- Fixed a bug that sometimes perma-stunned units when hit by the "shockwave" spell (i.e. Lieautenant encounter in D3)
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sergeant Gaspode to be duplicated
- Fixed Divine Fist tooltip appearing green instead of red
- Fixed Divine Fist sometimes remaining on friendly units permanently
- Fixed the duration of water globe soaked debuff
- Fixed a bug with the Coup De Grace ability not having a higher chance to score a critical hit
- Fixed the spawning of Sergeant Deakan encounter
- Pets will no longer retaliate when pet or master are attacked by friendly units
- Fixed a bug where the Nymph sometimes tried to 'heal' dead allies, thus doing nothing in combat
- Removed Divine Resistance and damage (Merged divine and magic damage into the magic damage/resistance type as I felt those two types had too much in common)
- Combat texts are now true local code to make it less likely to reach the 100 tag limit in the game in large battles
- Implemented a new, faster algorythm for adjusting HP and MP on units

GAMEPLAY/BALANCING:
- All enemies will now reset their cooldowns when retreating/leaving combat (This fix was sponsored by: The Blazing Flame Corp.)
- Added a new item stat: spellhaste, a %-modifier reducing the casting/channeling time of spells (channeling spells will have a shorter interval of ticks) - down to a minimum of 0.5 seconds
- all spells that had a cooldown equal to its casting time now have a cooldown of 0.5 seconds to allow for consecutive casting with spell haste
- Units can now have negative resistances
- The unit level of Doppelgangers has been reduced to 28.
- The CON stat now grants an increasing number of HP per skill level
- The WIS stat now grants only 12 MP per level but also an additional 2% to all resistances per level

CLASS CHANGES:
- Lightning Charge now has an improved critical damage modifier of 200% instead of 150%
Also, for those interested: here's the list of "Talent Lines" for each advanced class (3 lines for each class with 5 talents each). Happy guessing what will be inside those lines. :p

Quote:
Crusader - Leadership, Tactics, Defensive Training
Berserker - Fury, Dedication, Valor
Bishop - Tenets of Souls, Tenets of Wrath, Tenets of Guidance
Monk - Martial Arts, Peace of Mind, Endurance
Sorcerer - Conjuration, Invocation, Enchanting
Necromancer - Black Magic, Elemental Magic, Forbidden Arts
Assassin - Dueling, Ambush, Perfidious Tricks
Bard - Lorekeeper, Minstrel, Bladedancer
Hunter - Archery, Pathfinding, Animal Bonds
Druid - Preservation, Force of Nature, Spirits

Level 4
since there is still time until the release of new version. i will publish some thoughts always based on LOGIC and not on personal or already existing ideas.

1)something i mentioned before and i still insist on it because i find it absurd to be otherwise is: Berserker's attack power. which should be the highest among all fighters. WHY? because a fighter carrying a two hand weapon with two hands is simply the strongest when it comes to physical attack power. (not considering passive or active skills, thats another story) right now Berserker has the lowest A.P of ALL heroes. It doesn’t have to do only with Bers but all classes. The stats of every class (HP/MP/A.P/S.P/EVASION/ARMOR and so on) should be based on logic. Always without considering active or passive skills, i repeat thats another subject. that why the game can have principles on which you can create as long as you are willing to think.

2) skills which are NOT magical shouldnt cost mp AT ALL. They can have cooldown. They can have even cast time but not mp cost
So the question that arise is how you define which skill is magical and which physical. The answer is simple: LOGIC.
Example. Assassin’s stealth ability is magical. Why? Because physically you cant just become invisible you need some kind of magic to give you that ability. So it should cost mp.
Example. Berserker’s “new” skill called Berserker’s Rage cost mp. Another definition of that skill could be “reckless attack” (im not saying to change the skill’s name OFC!). Its like the berserker starts attacking his enemies with more power but he simply doesn’t give attention to his “back” so he takes more dmg. Well this kind of ability has NOTHING to do with MAGIC. Its pure physical form of ability so it shouldn’t cost mp at all.
The same thing for Leap ability. (mp cost 3).
OK i know what you think!!! I don’t say that mp is not enough!!! MP is MORE than enough. So don’t start stupid comments please. I already mentioned that is has to do with LOGIC.
These are 2 examples to explain you how I think skills should be categorized. Always based on LOGIC.

3)i noticed assassin’s very low evasion…. I just want to mention that it doesn’t fit to an assassin class AT ALL. Plus ranger/bers/crus has more evasion than assassin…..(I haven’t checked other classes) wtf…

4) add Block ability on -stats. Block chance can be given from shields of course.

5) again I insist that STR should also increase a small amount of HP. (each point to STR = 5HP). That would mean 20 points to STR = 100 HP.
and that’s because if we think that STR is muscle then muscle also provides you endurance. justifiably.

6) each point to INT should also increase 5 MP and a small amount of casting speed.

7) WISDOM should ALSO increase critical chance, evasion and block chance. Why?
Well lets see the definition of wisdom.
1)The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting
2)knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action
3)good sense of judgment
4)accumulated philosophic or scientific learning
5)the fact of being based on sensible or wise thinking
6)knowing the secrets of the world and knowing how to deal with everything in it

I think these examples are enough to justify Wisdom as the ability with many “faces”.
Generally a wise person knows WHEN and HOW to react in every situation.
Ok ok I know you all think of balance…. As I said before balance can almost always be created but it depends on the time that the creators are willing to give.
Once again I repeat that it requires a lot of time and effort. I know it from first hand.
These are my opinions which I always try to base on logic. So I just share them with the creators mostly since I consider them as the ones who think and create.

8)reduce the number of waves in d3 (first boss run)… its becoming really boring fighting all that waves all the time.

9)what im going to say now is a huge bonus for Gaias ORPG.
lately I have been speaking with a friend who actually dislike Gaias!! At first I couldn’t understand why he disliked it so much and I said hey lets talk about it.
After discussing it some minutes the reasons why he dislike Gaias were obvious and all I could do was to agree with him.
1)He said that he don’t like the fact that creeps respawn time is always the same and that they respawn at the same exact place. yes, indeed no interest.
2)Gaias LACKS of items…!!!! The items that every class must equip are specific and there is not even a second choice mainhand, offhand, helmet, armor or accessory. Its all standard. So two top equipped crusaders will always be the same. It would be great if there was a big variety of items to choose from. That way it would be so fucking interesting and you wouldn’t find all players having the same set up.

I like Gaias and I care about it. That’s why I do what I do now. I wouldn’t if I didn’t like the RPG.
Again I repeat that these are just thoughts. Which of these will be implanted and which not that’s up to creators. Obviously. Im just giving ideas.
Probably I will be back with more ideas.

Level 13
I'm not going to quote all of that 'cause this post will be then be huge and tl;dr.

1) Berserkers, with all skills considered and active in combat, manage probably the highest melee dps in the game. I'm not sure where you got that information other than it's base attack power which is probably just fine considering how much hp they can also get out of gear. Give some examples of whatever you mean by that.

2) I'm all for non magical skills not costing mp but then the mana resource becomes useless to that class in particular. The tradeoff without mana would be something like longer cooldowns, which would just be frustrating, or weaker skills to spam constantly. Mana keeps combat balanced for all classes. I'm fairly sure there was a rage system for melee classes that got scrapped for mana once upon a time.

For the sake of logic, you could look at mana as sort of, a warriors focus in battle, how much effort he puts into a single strike, how he can maintain a furious battle state without losing control and doing something ridiculous.

By all means looking at each skill and judging it's cost, or if it can use a cooldown change/different resource can be approached in the future but it would be a lot to tackle right now.

3) I don't actually think that's true, considering agility affects the evasion stat. Assassins haven't been built to be evasion tanks like monks. They can manage fairly high evasion rates and I agree it should be higher than a crusader or a bishop, hunters should be roughly on tier with them, druids should lose evasion in favour of sp. Give some values of fully geared pre d3 and post d3 evasion stats for various classes.

4) There is no real need for extra block on shields considering crusaders and berzerkers are the only classes using them, and they have the blocking passive which triggers more often than you'd think. Extra block would make them too durable, although this one comes down to what zwieb would think is balanced I'm personally on the fence.

5) No, been over it, no point making tanks tanker.

6) No MP but I think zwieb was going to do something about casting speed and SP.

7) No to this as well and here is my explanation for both wisdom and the other two.

For once, wisdom does not mean at all you can evade an attack, or block it successfully. A person can be both wise and slow. How someone physically reacts in combat has very little to do with how educated they are in it. Unless they can actually, physically perform the tasks then it all comes down to knowledge. Hence why agility factors evasion. That and blocking with a wooden staff is fucking stupid.

What wisdom factors currently, mana, is fine really. Mana is used as a resource in combat for these situations you speak of, reacting in certain ways using the knowledge you have at your disposal. High wisdom, more mp, more use of your resources. The whole resistance thing just allows players to balance better stats for upcoming content I guess, but I'm not against that.

What you're going here for doubtful brings out a stat system that becomes overly complex, like TKOK, and goes too far away from what Warcraft 3 is, and what you can do with the engine it provides. The balancing that is currently active is more than fine, it covers everything you'd need for each of the classes and has no actual need for tweaking, if you can provide numbers for some of your earlier suggestions I'm sure we'd all be able to see what you're going on about.

The stat changes though are not worth rebalancing an entire game around.

8) I've spoken to Zwieb about this before, it's part of the dungeon, it might change in the future once d4 comes out, it might not. As it is now it's fine, it's a timesink for the endgame challenge, but I agree it should be reduced for later content so d3 doesn't get overlooked for items.

9)
1) I've never liked set respawns either, but it does help for farming. Players know their routes and understand their enemies so it becomes a breeze to work through a few hours of grinding if needed. I'm all for spawns being random or roaming though, just remember that can cause lots of unprepared conflict by pulling extra enemies into a fight.

2) Gaia's does lack items, yes, and it wastes items on various early game models that are never used. In over a year of playing, or something, I've never seen a metal staff equipped on another player. The item system in gaias could do with a massive rework but I'd recommend we tackle that process in an entirely different thread with zwiebs approval as the suggestions will go haywire.

I'm glad you care about Gaias doubtful, and I like the effort you put into your suggestions. Just remember we all care about it, and if people disagree with you, don't attack them. Take their points, their suggestions on board and defend your own without getting hostile. Doing that might put them forward in a better light to Zwieb and anyone else involved in finalised changes.

Just keep in mind we're all entitled to our ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.