• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Future Rolepay Sign-up Page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Provided there is no solid world, it does not matter where you build a 'freaking dark castle'. Specifying the exact location serves no purpose, seeing as you can make up the entire zone around the castle and the castle itself.

So just make up the castle and its surroundings, the location can be assigned practically anywhere and at any point of the story.

Level 10
Hey, I'm just doing this for the sake of social justice. As a self-identified queer feminist I find it abhorrent that some people dare to use cussing words on websites that are clearly shown to be a safe space for people with similar interests. How can I tolerate a person who go to a safe space and just starts throwing cusswords around?!

Also, I am Jewish, so according to my religion, I have to not spell the name of our creator in full in vain. Don't you dare criticise me for my faith, you freaking fascist.

That's an amazing way to make your scolding and nay-saying sound reasonable.:vw_unimpressed:

There is no need of Social Justice here, why? Because there is no Social Crime being done.
You're a "self-identified queer feminist"? Good for you, but if you have to stop someone from cursing tell them personally, don't publicize it and if you cant spell the name of your creator full in vain, then write "Goodness" or just write OMG or just write it like you did in a certain person's Visitor message, you seemed to write it there in vain, and not here, it's much easier than simply insulting someone else by calling them a fascist.
Also, I don't think you realize what the INTERNET is, it's a place where per-say, statistically a thousand curse words are said every second, so you can't really stop that. Why? Because the world doesn't change that easily. And such a word? Smart-Ass? Really? That's not even a curse technically.
It's the same as saying Smart Aleck. Who are you honestly trying to protect here? 2-Year olds? And no, I'm not going to censor that word there because it's not even a word to be censored. This is a safe place for people to share interests, but by people, we don't mean Mentally-Ill people, because you seem to be acting like this place is meant for autistic people.

As for the words 'faggot' and 'nigger'. Those are words that have been used for years by the patriarchy to supress people of African descent and homosexuals and as a queer feminist, I am not going to take that face down. We are RETAKING THOSE TERMS from the patriarchy! We will get rid of the bad intent in them and leave the white racists and homophobes weaponless against social justice and equality.

So, if you will excuse me, I'm going to do my best to defend this safe space from white privilege-waving mygonysts such as Bernkastel and if you believe in equality and justice, you will support me. And if you're not with feminism, you are against it

Yeah, well as a person of the latter- race, I find that to be extremely insulting. I mean, what are you really trying to do here? Start a rebellion? "RETAKING THOSE TERMS" Doesn't really make any logical sense, because even if those terms are retaken, it's still going to be remembered as an insult, it's better if you do not use it AT ALL, unless you are of that kind. Also, even though it's not really known, but your technically being racist calling Caucasians "white people".

I'm not really one to excuse you, but you're simply behaving like this is a school for the mentally disabled, and it's not right to behave like this with even them, as they have a right to equality as well.
I see what you're trying to do to stop Bernkastel, but did the thought occur to you, that YOU CAN SIMPLY SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THEM TO TELL THEM TO REFRAIN FROM SUCH BEHAVIOR?
I'm a Pro-Feminism Guy, and You're not being a "Feminist". You're being a person who's trying to force their opinions and point-of-view on a random group of people just to make yourself look bigger and better than everyone else.
Feminism is supposed to mean Gender Equality and that Men and Women, or Boys and Girls should have equal rights to everything they do.
What you're doing and what you probably think "Feminism" means is , an excuse for women to do whatever they want and get away with it and have no consequences whatsoever.
If that is so, and I'm pretty sure it is so in your case, then please stop lying to yourself and also to others.
And also, you're actually making Feminism into a joke with what you're doing
Stop acting like a troll and behaving like you know something or rather anything about the matter.
This isn't a WWE team that you can just say "You're either with us or against us".
I find you to simply be bullshit, and no less than karassu.
And also, cut the crap about being a so-called "self-identified queer feminist", many of the Hivers know that you're a straight guy.

And, I'll kindly ask my humble friend Chen to exterminate this utter nonsense, which is derailing us from the actual thread's topic, which is a Roleplay forum and not a pitfall of being Alagremm's little zealots..

Level 23
There is. In fact I'm part of it. Unfortunately it's been dead for years now, but regardless.

But preach not of the slumbering one, my brother. The feebleminded shall know the truth once the stars are right. Not now. Not yet.

Level 23
I'll have you know that Yog-Sothothery and the worship of Cthulhu, Shib-Niggurath and Azathoth is my actual religion and you are being very offeeeensiiiiveeeee.

In all seriousness, H.P.Lovecraft is brilliant and it's preposterous that L. Ron Hubbard has a busi- excuse me, religion based on his works, and Lovecraft doesn't.

Level 10
I'll have you know that Yog-Sothothery and the worship of Cthulhu, Shib-Niggurath and Azathoth is my actual religion and you are being very offeeeensiiiiveeeee.

In all seriousness, H.P.Lovecraft is brilliant and it's preposterous that L. Ron Hubbard has a busi- excuse me, religion based on his works, and Lovecraft doesn't.

I'm more into Yog-Sarron, C'thun and N'zoth..
^ Warcraft Lore reference for the unknown..

Level 23
Oh, I just realised that you meant an actual group for the roleplay. Thought you meant the website.

That would be Yogg-Saron and C'thun. N'Zoth is taking forever to actually appear in the game, but Blizzard has far more logical storylines to work on. Like a brutal orc chieftain travelling back in time after being defeated by talking pandas, in order to change history and thus prevent himself and everyone he knew from existing by messing up the causality and creating a paradox.

Level 25
@Alagremm & Bern, please not much off-topic and don't mess up the thread please.

@Zaramorous, I love the story and the avatar, but I think you can just pick one character before we start.

@Idaero Ace, you can use the form that Hayate made. Look for it in the first post. I love how you drew your character anyway, you don't really need to use the maker if you can draw :) But I still suggest using the BBcode Hayate made.

@Hayate, Seems like you're having fun with the dark side :) And you can place your castle in the top of a mountain or in the middle of the forest. See in the map below. You can build it somewhere with snow.

@Cthulhu fans(OMG I typed it right), a Cthulhu like figure may appear in later days but just look, I have no plans for it.

@Askers, The RP will start in November 15-December 25, Maybe?

@All, Here's the map:

attachment.php

So:
Red-Neutral. It is a place owned by nothing so it's a big battleground.
Grey-Northern Forests. It's owned by me and my lackeys.
Blue-Western Mountains. It is owned by Hayate and his evil minions.
Yellow-Eastern Barrens. Owned by Wolffman and his...
1-Forests. The trees cover the pass to the center so the three factions can't meet, the trees are starting to be cut anyway.
2-Main Kingdoms. The North has fresh plains and humans have their kingdom there. The West has cold mountains where the Void live underground. The East has peaceful islands with great trees that trolls protected for so long.

Attachments

• Meowmeow.png
    Meowmeow.png
    908.9 KB · Views: 198
Level 25
lol. I like how you used the editor for the map though it would've look better I you used raise instead of cliffs.

Yeah, I know, but I'm on a rush. I'll make the real world map if I have finished taking exams.

No offense. But you don't want to make a world map like that.

I really don't want. It's just a guide to people who don't know where to place themselves. Lore will be posted in Saturday if i could.

Could do something like this map I once made for a roleplay. Simple, but operable:

160705-albums1300-picture54369.png

And, you know. You can actually make changes to it and stuff.

I love that simplicity. i will make it like that :) Thanks for the tip Al!

Level 9
Because you have awful taste. Iron Horde? Garrosh? Seriously? Come on.

As for the map though, it has no resemblance to Westeros other than both being generic fantasy world maps.
What you mean? Why thinking it looks like Westeros is, because of afwul taste. Is it, because you dont like Game of Thrones? You should watch it first. I first thought too that its crap, but its acutally pretty interesting. And so what if i like Garrosh and Iron Horde? Garrosh was the champion of Horde. He tried to get rid of those Alliance scumbags. Alliance sucks and always will! Iron Horde is cool, because it has Grommash, Blackhand, Ner'Zhul, Gul'Dan and Kargath. Orcs are the best. All who stand against the Horde and mostly orcs will die.

Level 23
Yea, sorry, my bad.

On the topic of the map though, are you entirely sure about the triangular structure of the world, relating to the factions? In a WC3 map that is sort of a necessity for the sake of balance, but this is a text roleplay, so there's no need for actual geographical balance. So you can do with more diversity without affecting the gameplay in any way.

Level 24
I suggest make the human territory small compared to their unexplored world. Then make the winter area the largest.
I agree, but the North or humans can have some controls over some isles

I have nothing against Game of Thrones, other than its fascination with male genitalia. That was my attempt at a smooth transition of topic towards you liking the shittiest attempt by Blizzard to revitalise it's ruined franchise by using the working concepts they came up with several decades ago.

Grommash is one of the shittiest characters Blizzard introduced into the cespool that Warcraft universe has become, Iron Horde is the definition of money-grabbing idiocy that has penetrated all layers of Blizzard's structure for several years now and re-introducing one of the greatest characters the franchise had through this undoubtful peak of idiocy in Warcraft lore, using the worst fucking plot device known to man - sudden time travel, and seriously enjoying all of this and promoting it is enough proof to forever mark a man as having a shit taste in my book.
I knew some people had guilty pleasures, like liking Cataclysm and whatnot. But I sincerely hoped that no one in their right mind would enjoy Garrosh and his wacky time travel adventure.

I agree

Level 25
I suggest make the human territory small compared to their unexplored world. Then make the winter area the largest.

Neh, I just made them equal so the three factions would be fair. There will be a lot of neutral areas anyway, we just need to conquer and get them all. There will also have some naval battles. Working on the new map anyway.

Level 23
Precisely. Not to mention that symmetrical worlds are just f'ing weird. Don't apply RTS logic to this, you're creating a world that is supposed to seem alive and real.

It seems you're both mistaken. For I am the Haunter of the Dark.

Level 18
It's not off-topic, it's about this "RTS-feeling" of yours and my mind.

Nothing that I've said has been off-topic here, last time people started derailing the entire discussion and it makes me the culprit in a fancy way.

Because I am really interested to know how you'll execute this base building properly. Also, would you shortly mind posting the story, since I really want to... You know... Think.

Level 25
Oh, maybe I haven't seen "Mind". Good idea you hid it. I'm annoyed by da face. The story will be posted now as I said. Maybe later on If I get rid of internet problems. Base building will not be a big thing anyway. It will be the battles, kisses and battle for territory. Just...kisses okay, kisses and battles.

Level 25
Lore:

Magistros...a world of magic. Arcane, Shamanism, Druidism, Necromancy, Every Type of Magic is kept and stored here for the sake of the other worlds. Magic is guarded by Keepers, sons of the Divine being, Magios. The Keepers created several creatures to guard the world if they must leave it permanently. Magistros is in peace, not so much. There had been little conflicts but it's easily resolved. Those conflicts, hatred and wars are stopped by massive forests, which covered the paths in connecting the three sides of the magical realm.

These present times, the mystical and wise Runicus start digging in their mountains and awakened an ancient evil. An evil imprisoned beneath. The hated sons of the great and wise Keepers, Luxadrell(Light) and Noxadrunn(Dark). Noxadrunn and Luxadrell's offspring, The Void are much hated because of their lust for power, so they are imprisoned in the mountains of the West. As the Void are set free, they possessed and corrupted Runicus and used them as their soldiers. They imprisoned women and children, thinking that they are useless. Then, they burned and destroyed the forests of the Western Mountains, so they can corrupt the other lands, the North and the East. The Fallen God from another world, Dialos Rhevetan showed up and led the corrupt army and declare war to the other factions they must discover...

Meanwhile in the Northern Forests, The Humans are successful killing the tyrant and evil Elf King Hyvrus Woodstrike, with the help of his son, Prince Heinvers, who rebelled against his kingdom. This ended the war between Hyvrus' minions and the Human Kingdom together with the Elven Rebellion. After it, Heinvers became the king of the elves and allied themselves to the humans. As a thank to the kind prince, the Human King, Tharion Justicehand made him as the leader of the Northern Alliance. After some months, they discovered that nearly half of their forests are getting burned, and this led to the discovery of a massive land area behind the forest, and the horned, blue-skinned creatures known as the Runicus. As a mysterious swordsman called Dialos declared war to them, the Northern Alliance gathered their allies and got ready for war...

In the other side, The Eastern Islands, inhabited by the Troll and Goblin tribes, are threatened by earthquakes and volcanic eruption caused by a giant, Gork. The mighty troll leader, Gruk Bloodspear unite the other troll tribes so they can kill the giant. They built walls to protect their fortresses from Gork, but it's no use. The skilled marksmen, the Goblins together with their sorcerers and shamans tried to help stop the earthquakes. After their success killing the giant, a tribe, the Deathwhisper betrayed the others and tried to claim the land. Meanwhile, the volcano is not stopped from erupting, bringing some of the islands beneath the sea, and destroying the forests, revealing the other lands. Seeing the destruction and the Runicus as a higher threat, they rebuilt the walls and tried to destroy Deathwhisper for the safety of their races...

With the forests stopping conflicts destroyed, the three factions should be ready for war, or let the other factions destroy and claim their lands...

The war won't start quickly anyway, the Runicus are still digging, Humans and Elves fighting and Trolls fighting the giant in the beginning so others can prepare. The finalization will be on next week, but we still need some more trolls, goblins and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.